Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can we get US Soccer out of youth sports? MBA suits don’t usually make good decisions. They just cloud the process.
    I agree. Get us soccer out of girls soccer.

Comment

Bring back atencio!

Comment

If you are going to have a BDA and GDA program, it only makes sense to force NT level players through those programs. Otherwise the effort is a wasted one and they become "just another premier league".

Though I do agree that if you are going to make that the one and only path that costs should be minimal.

Comment

Bring back atencio!
          Sorry, Tom. You can't come back.

Comment

I'm sorry but the best kids come from the best clubs in the nation. Whether their club use to play in the USYS (which all did at one time) or US Club (ecnl) is not relevant, actually it doesn't matter other than for nostalgia, since the DA is now the primary feeder for all youth & senior National teams (men/women)

US Club league/showcase model had it's strengths (cattle call/combines) back in the day of course, now they must figure out what's next for them. Should be interesting.
            No one says geez remember how great the players were when they came from just USYS/State Cup/ODP/National Cup play format. They should, but they don't even though it's all recorded in history.

Why is it these women's stars of yesterday are so revered & canonized, it's simple they all came from an organic system of youth club competition & identification, that had no designs on catering to the whims of title ix funded girls college coaches. As evidenced and executed in recent years by the (US Club ecnl) setup. Which has nothing to do with competition or development, it's all about getting the coveted so called 'exposure' via travel to showcases. Love to see US Club ilk eliminate the endless cattle call programming from their menu and just stick to the membership needs of organized competition and a year end championship. How tough is that? Are they afraid that wouldn't fly? or would that even sell to their audience of college coaches?

These cries to let them play HS because the governing body has it's own model for the nation's elite, that says no HS, is not your issue. Your club has no problem with playing HS so why do you care what US Soccer does with their elite?

Shaping your core beliefs, philosophies & playing platform solely on what the average D1 college coach desires is simply ass backwards. Are the DOC's that run this outfit really that short-sighted? It appears so.

Keep whining, crying, bitching & making it a fight to the finish!! It's a hoot to watch this unravel...

Just a head's up..

Comment

If you are going to have a BDA and GDA program, it only makes sense to force NT level players through those programs. Otherwise the effort is a wasted one and they become "just another premier league".

Though I do agree that if you are going to make that the one and only path that costs should be minimal.
              No it does not make sense. You dont know when a player will make this jump and necking the funnel of talent down to a select few is short sighted.

Comment

It’s like when you pull into a small town In The south. The sheriff might be a complete idiot. But he has a gun and a badge. You have to talk him off the ledge very carefully or else everything blows up in your face.

Comment

They will get the women out of the World Cup like them men. No idea what they are doing. Sad!

Comment

Have they ever filled out rosters in Oregon at thorns central?

Comment

No it does not make sense. You dont know when a player will make this jump and necking the funnel of talent down to a select few is short sighted.
                      If it is made clear to the top players that the only way to the NT is through DA programs, they will migrate to DA programs.

Comment

The best thing that could happen is US Soccer could get out of youth girls soccer. They don’t Appear very good at it.

Comment

The best thing that could happen is US Soccer could get out of youth girls soccer. They don’t Appear very good at it.
                          That might be one of the most unintelligent things ever written on this board. God forbid people have choices and choose something different then you. You giant Blowhard

Comment

US Soccer is designed to make a lot of money. They are not very good on development of youth in my opinion.

Comment

If it is made clear to the top players that the only way to the NT is through DA programs, they will migrate to DA programs.
                              US Soccer should focus on identifying the most talented players in the country, not which league they play for. Work with all clubs and coaches to develop curriculum and competent players. This system is broken, and showing no signs of improvement. Bleak outlook ahead...

Comment

US Soccer is designed to make a lot of money. They are not very good on development of youth in my opinion.
                                Now USSF is led by an investment banker who never played soccer so guess where it's going

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X