Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubble Field

The bubble will go up in the winter only, and be open air, outdoor field in Fall/Spring/Summer.

Isn't that what everyone wants?

The field looks incredible, the logos sharp, and I heard they're putting up a digital board as well. Just a sick field, everyone will enjoy playing there, home teams and away teams.

THANK YOU NEW YORK SOCCER CLUB for delivering what no other team in the area has. I can't even imagine what it will be like for the kids to be able to play on a turf field that doesn't look like a ripped up tire and 25 year old turf.

Comment

i wonder how many other area clubs will try to drive revenue, promising their own new facilities (which they will never actually build) by pointing out the one club actually made good on its promise. Rising tide lifts all boats!

Comment

This new field will change nothing. The turf was laid on top of the grass fields that nysc was already using. How does this make any difference, except for the 2 months in winter they can reduce (not eliminate) the need for other indoor spaces?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          This new field will change nothing. The turf was laid on top of the grass fields that nysc was already using. How does this make any difference, except for the 2 months in winter they can reduce (not eliminate) the need for other indoor spaces?
          Two months of winter? Where you been this winter. Winter in the Northeast is longer than two months.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Indoor futsal courts will be part of the bubble.

Also, I understand staff offices will be consolidated on campus near the tennis courts.

With the lack of cheap and good indoor facilities, training all over NYS in Winter is a major hassle for everyone. My guess is this bubble eliminates gypsy training; it's a 365'x245' field, or ~90,000 sq-ft. This is bigger than CP-CT, which is 300'. Very easily could accommodate multiple teams simultaneously.

Also, I would doubt a financially savvy team like NYSC would enter into a development agreement that would then require them to still pay a profit margin externally to use someone else's field! Buy the field and keep the margin!

No particular insight, just observation and supposition. But I can tell you that they have done an amazing job with this field and they are getting recognized by more and more people, I notice ;)

Comment

nycfc guy feels need to slag nysc, whatever!

Comment

Ophir Turf

This field was built where there WAS a grass field. This field was professionally done to the same quality of a professional field. The gravel the professional BASE, all was done. If you step foot on the field, you will know what kind of quality field this is.

Give it a try, take a walk over there and see for yourself. Its without a doubt... spectacular. Anyone that says anything short of that, has not seen it/felt it, or is just TALKING BAD SOCCER! (my personal funny).

Its all good, its a great field, a huge indoor space, and will be host to the largest indoor futsal league in the Northeast... .not to mention a DA only Futsal league.

all hail OPHIR!

Comment

First games played yesterday - anyone there to see it? Do the fields look nice like they do in pictures?

Comment

Ophir is LIVE

Ophir field opened up yesterday, and the feedback from players was that it was BEAUTIFUL!

All the permits were approved, all the protective siding in place, and games played.

Each weekend for the next 2 months there are games around the clock on Sat/Sun.

Word is NYCFC 1st team will be practicing in the winter there as well; that would be cool if its true.

I wasn't at the game yesterday, but reports were amazing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X