X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go nycfc gda!!!

Comment

SUSA isn't getting ECNL, DA or anything else until they get a home field up and running. They don't have the pull that Riley does so they are going to need an over-the-top application to be able to plant a flag in Riley's backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        You can disagree all u want. It makes no sense for a 3rd team on LI. And why is SUSA a more impressive candidate then the recent clubs who u said recently got it ? Could it possibly be because SUSAs in your backyard ?
        All of this talk is irrevelant each child’s path is unique. Their are many many opportunities for your child to play in college. You don’t have to be a DA or ECNL player.
        Not saying the 2 teams who have it should or shouldn’t have it.
        But then why only SUSA as a 3rd. Let’s have 10 then
        Being in my backyard has nothing to do with it, I'm basing it purely on resume. It's common sense...

Club A is boasting 11 college commits
        Club B is boasting a few teams being in 1st & 2nd place in their NPL branch

SUSA can boast both of the aforementioned in addition to a-
        National NPL Championship
        National NPL Finalist
        National NPL Semi-Finalist
        National Cup Finalist

That's why "on paper" they are a more impressive option that clubs that also played NPL last year and didn't bode as well. That's all.

Comment

Being in my backyard has nothing to do with it, I'm basing it purely on resume. It's common sense...

Club A is boasting 11 college commits
          Club B is boasting a few teams being in 1st & 2nd place in their NPL branch

SUSA can boast both of the aforementioned in addition to a-
          National NPL Championship
          National NPL Finalist
          National NPL Semi-Finalist
          National Cup Finalist

That's why "on paper" they are a more impressive option that clubs that also played NPL last year and didn't bode as well. That's all.

Like I stated. You don’t have to be on a DA or ECNL team to play soccer in college.
          Thanks for reinforcing my point.
          Why dont u go look up Manhattan SC and check out their resume against SUSAs

Comment

Like I stated. You don’t have to be on a DA or ECNL team to play soccer in college.
            Thanks for reinforcing my point.
            Why dont u go look up Manhattan SC and check out their resume against SUSAs
            OK, I just did...they finished within the top 3 in one age group, all the others were middle to bottom of the standings, let alone any team having a successful run within the National NPL competition, so I'm not really sure where you're going with that. Also, nobody other than you said that you had to be DA or ECNL to play in college, so not sure where you came up with that one either.

On a more positive note, I think Manhattan SC was very smart to get into Super Y, it'll differentiate them from all the other similar NPL and EDP clubs. And, 2 of the strongest players in my kid's age group play for Manhattan. These kids are truly spectacular, and any team-GDA, ECNL or otherwise would kill to have them play for them, so obviously MSC is doing a lot of things right.

Comment

OK, I just did...they finished within the top 3 in one age group, all the others were middle to bottom of the standings, let alone any team having a successful run within the National NPL competition, so I'm not really sure where you're going with that. Also, nobody other than you said that you had to be DA or ECNL to play in college, so not sure where you came up with that one either.

On a more positive note, I think Manhattan SC was very smart to get into Super Y, it'll differentiate them from all the other similar NPL and EDP clubs. And, 2 of the strongest players in my kid's age group play for Manhattan. These kids are truly spectacular, and any team-GDA, ECNL or otherwise would kill to have them play for them, so obviously MSC is doing a lot of things right.

Haha truly spectacular players ? What’s a truly spectacular player ? And from the same team to boot. Long Island fishbowl parent at its best.

Comment

Haha truly spectacular players ? What’s a truly spectacular player ? And from the same team to boot. Long Island fishbowl parent at its best.
                I think you may have misread the thread. A SUSA parent complimented two players on MSC.

Comment

What age group are we talking here with your kids age group

Comment

What age group are we talking here with your kids age group
                    If they were truly spectacular, they would be playing for NYCFC

Comment

If they were truly spectacular, they would be playing for NYCFC
                      Kaz did extend an open invitation to one of them and the other would have no problem landing a starting roster spot. Just not worth the travel to be on a big fish team in the small pond of the lackluster NE GDA.
                      Now if NYCFC could compete against teams more than 2 teams outside of those that Manhattan routinely beat in NPL, it might be worth the trip. Until then, that hour+ commute both ways is better spent on schoolwork.

Thanks Doggie Dad!

Comment

Kaz did extend an open invitation to one of them and the other would have no problem landing a starting roster spot. Just not worth the travel to be on a big fish team in the small pond of the lackluster NE GDA.
                        Now if NYCFC could compete against teams more than 2 teams outside of those that Manhattan routinely beat in NPL, it might be worth the trip. Until then, that hour+ commute both ways is better spent on schoolwork.

Thanks Doggie Dad!

Age group?

Comment

A bit much to have expected them to have started building anything this Winter.

Comment

A bit much to have expected them to have started building anything this Winter.
                            Wait until Barca announces tryouts for girls teams!!! Bye bye SUSA
                            Forca Barca!

Comment

Wait until Barca announces tryouts for girls teams!!! Bye bye SUSA
                              Forca Barca!
                              Didn't they try that last year

Comment

Barca practices are starting to look like a SUSA parent meeting lately. Larry's campaign of hate and lies isn't working. Word is spreading and people are coming to see things for themselves, and I've yet to hear anyone say that they weren't impressed. Once official tryouts are announced, it's going to look like Walmart on Black Friday there. I have nothing against SUSA, but the training at Barca is on a whole different level. With girls teams coming soon and Barca's facility starting to make some progress, SUSA will have to scale back their aspirations for expansion or they're going to risk growing too large to be supported by the diminishing player pool. This may be a hard pill for SUSA to swallow because they were poised to take over LI before Barca showed up, but if their ego gets in the way and they don't adjust their plans, they're going to find themselves in trouble.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X