Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave me out of this debate *******. Yes, you have touched a nerve. Don't say anorher word about my son or my family. What kind of a person does such a thing?

Let me be direct...you are a liar and you should be ashamed. I have donated countless days and more to help hundreds of kids. I have never engineered the program to suit my kids. Believe me, after writing a check for $300,000 I certainly could have built any team and secured any trainer for my kids. I didn't. I was dirt poor growing up and my dad never gave. E anything but love. My kids are ridiculously polite to all they meet and they work their butts off for everything they have. They actually love passing more than scoring. Your kids would know that. If you knew them, or had any sense of decency, you would shut your adult mouth and leave my kids out of this. Nobody deserves the **** I get simply for trying to help.

My preference at the beginning of the season was to break away from the Kicks before ever starting FC Florida. The board of FCF made a compelling argument to stay together and combine the north and the south. PF and I then agreed to support that plan, paying significant amounts to support families and kids that we had never met...you know, the kind of families that take your donation and talk behind your back. Nonetheless, it still feels good to help the kids, even if their parents missed the lessons on manners.

After this decision, the board met with the coaches and tried to blend north and south. Certain coaches fought this. I love Richard as a guy, but he will quickly concede that he fought this plan from the board. Awkward obviously. He is an employee that did not support the club's decision. We committed to keep north together with south and it was not an easy sell. It took a while on the u13. It never really happened on the u12. We couldn't even get the coaches together for joint sessions.

I told my employee Jelko to schedule his days for training down south. He is an incredible trainer and every parent in the U12s has seen his results in the team play and fitness of his kids. I have heard both sides as to why it didnt happen. But the plan was not a north-south rivalry, but a union.

As for my family, i told my wife that we would prepare for alternating practices down south. I sent my younger son on a regular basis to play and practice on the south teams whenever he was invited starting last year. He was thrilled. We believed in the creation of a true division one team and a pure sivision two team that would allow kids to get development and playing time...and prove their way onto division one...or enjoy division two. We addressed the parents in a joint workout and explained that they should let us know their preference. We did everything to convince the coaches to cooperate with this...and only a few parents chose to communicate their preferences. It didn't work. I don't really care why at this point. Personalities, misinformation, lack of adherence from employees, etc. Heck, I even proposed that if we made RW the D1 coach and used Jelko as trainer, maybe that would work. It didn't go far as an idea.

But I am sure it's easy to anonymously point fingers at the rich ******* and talk about what you don't know. It's so hard for you to think that somebody in my position would ever do anything for anybody else. But if your stupid enough to think that I could not have built a team around my son, then good luck in life...you can't be helped. We are very happy to play our kids wherever they qualify, D1 or D2, north or south. If I wasn't interested in the south, why would I have put so much into it?

To close, say one more f'ing thing about my kid, or tell one more lie about me, and I am happy to teach you profoundly about the concept of regret.

Going forward, I'll say this. I am tired if trying to help people that take philanthropy or the benefits of the program and spit in the face of donors. So please take off. Just give me the pleasure of knowing which ******* you are. Call me. I'll be polite. I really just want to know you're gone. And if you take the whole team to another club, I am great with that. Just man up and own your words.

Are you the guy with the jet who left for a vacation to Hong Kong after your son's U12 team failed to score a goal in three games at Weston Cup?

Comment

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave me out of this debate *******. Yes, you have touched a nerve. Don't say anorher word about my son or my family. What kind of a person does such a thing?

Let me be direct...you are a liar and you should be ashamed. I have donated countless days and more to help hundreds of kids. I have never engineered the program to suit my kids. Believe me, after writing a check for $300,000 I certainly could have built any team and secured any trainer for my kids. I didn't. I was dirt poor growing up and my dad never gave. E anything but love. My kids are ridiculously polite to all they meet and they work their butts off for everything they have. They actually love passing more than scoring. Your kids would know that. If you knew them, or had any sense of decency, you would shut your adult mouth and leave my kids out of this. Nobody deserves the **** I get simply for trying to help.

My preference at the beginning of the season was to break away from the Kicks before ever starting FC Florida. The board of FCF made a compelling argument to stay together and combine the north and the south. PF and I then agreed to support that plan, paying significant amounts to support families and kids that we had never met...you know, the kind of families that take your donation and talk behind your back. Nonetheless, it still feels good to help the kids, even if their parents missed the lessons on manners.

After this decision, the board met with the coaches and tried to blend north and south. Certain coaches fought this. I love Richard as a guy, but he will quickly concede that he fought this plan from the board. Awkward obviously. He is an employee that did not support the club's decision. We committed to keep north together with south and it was not an easy sell. It took a while on the u13. It never really happened on the u12. We couldn't even get the coaches together for joint sessions.

I told my employee Jelko to schedule his days for training down south. He is an incredible trainer and every parent in the U12s has seen his results in the team play and fitness of his kids. I have heard both sides as to why it didnt happen. But the plan was not a north-south rivalry, but a union.

As for my family, i told my wife that we would prepare for alternating practices down south. I sent my younger son on a regular basis to play and practice on the south teams whenever he was invited starting last year. He was thrilled. We believed in the creation of a true division one team and a pure sivision two team that would allow kids to get development and playing time...and prove their way onto division one...or enjoy division two. We addressed the parents in a joint workout and explained that they should let us know their preference. We did everything to convince the coaches to cooperate with this...and only a few parents chose to communicate their preferences. It didn't work. I don't really care why at this point. Personalities, misinformation, lack of adherence from employees, etc. Heck, I even proposed that if we made RW the D1 coach and used Jelko as trainer, maybe that would work. It didn't go far as an idea.

But I am sure it's easy to anonymously point fingers at the rich ******* and talk about what you don't know. It's so hard for you to think that somebody in my position would ever do anything for anybody else. But if your stupid enough to think that I could not have built a team around my son, then good luck in life...you can't be helped. We are very happy to play our kids wherever they qualify, D1 or D2, north or south. If I wasn't interested in the south, why would I have put so much into it?

To close, say one more f'ing thing about my kid, or tell one more lie about me, and I am happy to teach you profoundly about the concept of regret.

Going forward, I'll say this. I am tired if trying to help people that take philanthropy or the benefits of the program and spit in the face of donors. So please take off. Just give me the pleasure of knowing which ******* you are. Call me. I'll be polite. I really just want to know you're gone. And if you take the whole team to another club, I am great with that. Just man up and own your words.
      Really? How can we prove this? Tell us something only you'd know. This was the best lid flipping material ever on this blog. Well done.

Comment

I pulled my two young children out of our community youth soccer program because the board disrespected my sparkling reputation and started a new club so i could control my kids club

Comment

I pulled my two young children out of our community youth soccer program because the board disrespected my sparkling reputation and started a new club so i could control my kids club
          This is too funny, I had a coach resign at my league because of this parent.

Comment

Bump Bump Bump

Comment

An oldie but a goodie. Enjoy your weekend. Go FC Florida!

Comment

Music to my ears!

Comment

Wow, this sounds fascinatong. Could someone give a little background on what this is all about, it appears as though a powerful guy at some club is being attacked??? Please elaborate.

Comment

Be careful not to ask to many questions

Comment

Missing The Point

I think many of you are missing the point about this individuals rant. This goes much deeper than our little youth soccer world. This individual is the CEO of a public company, and the beneficiary of millions of dollars in tax payers money.
                      As a fiduciary of private and public monies, he has a responsibility to make sound decisions and represent his constuients in a respectable and professional manner. Such a reaction to a youth soccer blog is material in bringing into question ones competence to fulfill his duties. While some are now claiming that this post was a fabrication by those at competing clubs to bring down the great do gooder and his new club, I think that it is critical for this individual to prove beyond a doubt that he was not the publisher of a piece that has his personal signature woven into its unstable fabric.
                      Instead of making excuses and blaming others, I would look to clear this up immediately before it gets completly out of hand.

Comment

Call to Confirm

I think many of you are missing the point about this individuals rant. This goes much deeper than our little youth soccer world. This individual is the CEO of a public company, and the beneficiary of millions of dollars in tax payers money.
                        As a fiduciary of private and public monies, he has a responsibility to make sound decisions and represent his constuients in a respectable and professional manner. Such a reaction to a youth soccer blog is material in bringing into question ones competence to fulfill his duties. While some are now claiming that this post was a fabrication by those at competing clubs to bring down the great do gooder and his new club, I think that it is critical for this individual to prove beyond a doubt that he was not the publisher of a piece that has his personal signature woven into its unstable fabric.
                        Instead of making excuses and blaming others, I would look to clear this up immediately before it gets completly out of hand.
                        If you want confirmation, just call. You obviously think you are up to challenge. You have quoted public figure exceptions to slander laws, ignoring the caveats and the malice standards. You are maliciously trying to attack someone on repeated posts, with dedicated threads, with no other purpose but to harm the reputation of the individual. You have clearly told lies and you seem to think you are not already identified an IP address that shows the location of every post. The process has already started. No physical threat, just accountability that you will regret. How dumb must you be to continue? Enjoy it while it lasts.

Comment

Really? How can we prove this? Tell us something only you'd know. This was the best lid flipping material ever on this blog. Well done.
                          I agree #1 melt down I have ever witnessed in this forum. This is better than reality TV!

Comment

The man with the least to lose is most dangerous!

If you want confirmation, just call. You obviously think you are up to challenge. You have quoted public figure exceptions to slander laws, ignoring the caveats and the malice standards. You are maliciously trying to attack someone on repeated posts, with dedicated threads, with no other purpose but to harm the reputation of the individual. You have clearly told lies and you seem to think you are not already identified an IP address that shows the location of every post. The process has already started. No physical threat, just accountability that you will regret. How dumb must you be to continue? Enjoy it while it lasts.
                            Let's cut to the chase. If you are in fact the guy who you are intending for us to believe you are, you're a very wealthy person who likes to throw it around and threaten people. However, you stepped over the line in your rant when you threatened what I truly believe is physical violence. There is nothing that I could possibly say that damages your reputation more than the things said in that rant. Moreover, doing a google search of your name reveals a treasure trove of interesting information, some good and some bad. A significant amount of public information directly attacks your character and credibility. Your credentials have publicly been challenged by politicians in a public forum. VFX Soldier has challenged you publicly as well. So, now you want to sue me because I have pointed out that, in my opinion, you wrote that rant. To me, that rant is material in evaluating you as a business leader and as a fiduciary as well as in evaluating your soccer club. I suggested the need for you to either confirm or deny that you wrote that rant, which apparently you will not do, so I have to assume that you did in fact write it. If you did, I highly recommend that you clarify your position as it was not the rant that one would expect from a well respected businessman and CEO of a publicly traded corporation.

So, where do we go from here? You'll likely find countless IP addresses where countless people in this soccer forum question you and challenge you. You'll also obviously find that you've put yourself in the public domain, both by posting under your own name on this forum and as a public figure in general. You threaten in the most vague and general terms. However, the malice standard for a public figure is an extremely high bar to clear. In this case, I challenge you to find one statement that isn't either 1) a valid opinion or 2) a fact. If you can point out any statement that I've made that is a deliberate lie, I will openly apologize. I obviously will not apologize for the statements of others. I also would like an apology from you as your threats (physical and otherwise) have caused a great deal of stress for me, my wife, and my young children. They've literally been afraid to go outside. Lastly, I have been attacked on this blog from either you or someone I believe to be affiliated with you. The basis of my counter-claim will be based on this attack and the threat of physical violence.

If we agree to disagree, I'll be happy to cease posting anything relating to you if you PLEASE stop ranting threatening prose. However, I'm only one person so I can't stop the posts of others. If that is not satisfactory to you, please post the name of your attorney and I'll have my attorney decide whether he'd like to contact him prior to the completion of an IP address search. I do want you to consider that, to the extent you bring a lawsuit claiming slander, the discovery process will be long, expensive, and painful. I'm sure you can imagine the number of people we will need to serve and depose in order to prove that I have said nothing that has not already been stated in great volume in the public forum and is anything but true. A word of advice to you. How many of these lawsuits do you really want? You should stop posting because you'll undoubtedly offend someone (as in your rant) which will then be met with replies that you find objectionable. It'll go back and forth, and then eventually you threaten a lawsuit.

Finally, let me remind you of this post from 9-21-11:

Insecure? Unemployed Loser? Wow. My name is John Textor, very employed. Our company, Digital Domain, is a sponsor of FC Florida. Feel free to look us up atwww.digitaldomain.com - I hope you have enjoyed our films. We are very proud of the kids and coaches to whom we provide support. I started this thread as a public blog that would encourage discussion within our FC Florida family...and beyond. The reorganization of this club took place this summer and the entire board is doing its best to build a great option in areas that really need quality programs. I can't speak to the Super Y problem that occurred this summer. I just know that our Board was even reformed over the summer. We'll do our best going forward...and we'll keep posting our records (boys and girls - good or bad). Discussion...That's what people often do on discussion sites...it's called the Internet.

Comment

Last Post

Let's cut to the chase. If you are in fact the guy who you are intending for us to believe you are, you're a very wealthy person who likes to throw it around and threaten people. However, you stepped over the line in your rant when you threatened what I truly believe is physical violence. There is nothing that I could possibly say that damages your reputation more than the things said in that rant. Moreover, doing a google search of your name reveals a treasure trove of interesting information, some good and some bad. A significant amount of public information directly attacks your character and credibility. Your credentials have publicly been challenged by politicians in a public forum. VFX Soldier has challenged you publicly as well. So, now you want to sue me because I have pointed out that, in my opinion, you wrote that rant. To me, that rant is material in evaluating you as a business leader and as a fiduciary as well as in evaluating your soccer club. I suggested the need for you to either confirm or deny that you wrote that rant, which apparently you will not do, so I have to assume that you did in fact write it. If you did, I highly recommend that you clarify your position as it was not the rant that one would expect from a well respected businessman and CEO of a publicly traded corporation.

So, where do we go from here? You'll likely find countless IP addresses where countless people in this soccer forum question you and challenge you. You'll also obviously find that you've put yourself in the public domain, both by posting under your own name on this forum and as a public figure in general. You threaten in the most vague and general terms. However, the malice standard for a public figure is an extremely high bar to clear. In this case, I challenge you to find one statement that isn't either 1) a valid opinion or 2) a fact. If you can point out any statement that I've made that is a deliberate lie, I will openly apologize. I obviously will not apologize for the statements of others. I also would like an apology from you as your threats (physical and otherwise) have caused a great deal of stress for me, my wife, and my young children. They've literally been afraid to go outside. Lastly, I have been attacked on this blog from either you or someone I believe to be affiliated with you. The basis of my counter-claim will be based on this attack and the threat of physical violence.

If we agree to disagree, I'll be happy to cease posting anything relating to you if you PLEASE stop ranting threatening prose. However, I'm only one person so I can't stop the posts of others. If that is not satisfactory to you, please post the name of your attorney and I'll have my attorney decide whether he'd like to contact him prior to the completion of an IP address search. I do want you to consider that, to the extent you bring a lawsuit claiming slander, the discovery process will be long, expensive, and painful. I'm sure you can imagine the number of people we will need to serve and depose in order to prove that I have said nothing that has not already been stated in great volume in the public forum and is anything but true. A word of advice to you. How many of these lawsuits do you really want? You should stop posting because you'll undoubtedly offend someone (as in your rant) which will then be met with replies that you find objectionable. It'll go back and forth, and then eventually you threaten a lawsuit.

Finally, let me remind you of this post from 9-21-11:

Insecure? Unemployed Loser? Wow. My name is John Textor, very employed. Our company, Digital Domain, is a sponsor of FC Florida. Feel free to look us up atwww.digitaldomain.com - I hope you have enjoyed our films. We are very proud of the kids and coaches to whom we provide support. I started this thread as a public blog that would encourage discussion within our FC Florida family...and beyond. The reorganization of this club took place this summer and the entire board is doing its best to build a great option in areas that really need quality programs. I can't speak to the Super Y problem that occurred this summer. I just know that our Board was even reformed over the summer. We'll do our best going forward...and we'll keep posting our records (boys and girls - good or bad). Discussion...That's what people often do on discussion sites...it's called the Internet.
                              Be serious. There was never a physical threat. Read it again. You have told lies and repeated internet garbage from anonymous bloggers and 'google research', continuing to post in an attempt to harass...and now you suggest you are a frightened victim. Please feel free to go outside and enjoy life. Your kids are fine. By 'regret', I merely meant that you would have to be held accountable for your shameful actions. I am a volunteer in a youth soccer setting, not acting as a politician or public figure in this capacity...just a volunteer and sponsor. You seem to know the process well. My attorney is Kevin Ambler of Tampa. Have your attorney call him and explain why you decided to go on a personal crusade in a youth soccer forum...and stop already.

Comment

I thought my league had the craziest parent. And the rich guy, he is priceless. Where do we sign up, will need a scholarship and transportation. Thanks.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X