Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't make assumptions when your hypocrisy is pointed out. I'm not an ECNL parent. I'm a TA parent whose fees are paying your kid's soccer welfare. Thorns academy is just another version of Trump's America. Give breaks to the "best" (tax breaks for the wealthy, free soccer for thorns academy), and somehow that's supposed to trickle down and benefit me. Like feeding a jackass grain and expecting to make bread with what comes out the other end.
    Okay. Which TA club are you with that is charging you for the GDA? How much are they charging you?

When did you pay for the now-defunct Thorns Academy?

Comment

38 wins more than any other Oregon club would have accomplished.
      Never assume.

Comment

List the non-ECNL teams in Oregon that have beat an Oregon ECNL team in the last 3 years.

Crickets...
        Did you mean to say list any club team that has beaten the CU and FC P teams that play in the US CLub soccer league? That list is well into the hundreds after 3 years. The list is easy to produce it's any club they played.

While we are at it.

List how many USYs /OYSA state or regional championships won by CU or FCP in the last 5 years.

Since we are making an effort to list things that are impossible to record or track.

Comment

1. Fc p and cu were always good or terrible in state. For a long time fc wasn't even top 2 in the state. Just because they fly 3k miles to play worthless games doesn't mean they are now magically better. Ecnl teams in Oregon aren't even top in state. It's literally a joke.

2. Keep listing onyx college commitments to try to fool people into thinking it's a product of Ecnl. Those kids didn't even do this stupid Ecnl league until u17 while current teams can't even compete or are playing terrible teams like them.

3. Those top draw commits don't include all players playing in college and you will be surprised to know that those onyx families (cu for a year) many got 1k or very little money to play soccer.

When you spend 10-15k a year doing the above and get offered 1k to play at a school that isn't out of the ordinary for the past 10k years you realize you are getting scammed.

Comment

Okay. Which TA club are you with that is charging you for the GDA? How much are they charging you?

When did you pay for the now-defunct Thorns Academy?
            Not the OP but GDA is funded in part by dollars from OYSA. This is common knowledge.
            OYSA is raising fees next year to all Oregon clubs. This is also common knowledge.
            It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the increased fees we are all paying are going in part to subsidize the GDA teams. Since OYSA refuses to use transparent accounting and release their budget information, we are left to speculate about how much of our money is being funneled to GDA. But given the history of travel expenses with ECNL teams and the very low fee GDA families are paying, one can rightfully assume a substantial subsidy is coming from OYSA fees.

I personally don't care if your kid does GDA, ECNL, OYSA, or XYZ. I just don't want to pay for it.

Comment

1. Fc p and cu were always good or terrible in state. For a long time fc wasn't even top 2 in the state. Just because they fly 3k miles to play worthless games doesn't mean they are now magically better. Ecnl teams in Oregon aren't even top in state. It's literally a joke.

2. Keep listing onyx college commitments to try to fool people into thinking it's a product of Ecnl. Those kids didn't even do this stupid Ecnl league until u17 while current teams can't even compete or are playing terrible teams like them.

3. Those top draw commits don't include all players playing in college and you will be surprised to know that those onyx families (cu for a year) many got 1k or very little money to play soccer.

When you spend 10-15k a year doing the above and get offered 1k to play at a school that isn't out of the ordinary for the past 10k years you realize you are getting scammed.
              I have never understood the "spend 10k/year and only get a $1000 scholarship" argument. 99% of the purchases I make for my children are not cost effective. Was it a good investment to let her play rec soccer? No scholarship money there! What about band? She quit after two years - wasted investment, right? That family trip to Hawaii? She's not going to college in Hawaii so that was a total waste of money. The SUV I purchased to drive her to practice? Total waste when I could have got a junker for a tenth the cost - or better yet, bought her a bus pass or a bike. SAT test fees? Another scam when she can go to community college without taking the SAT's. Giving birth to her in the first place? She's been a money vampire since the day she was born. Better off investing those dollars in a nice 401k.

Let's face it. Parenting is not a cost effective adventure. Those kids will bleed you dry. Why do you care if some soccer players found a team they enjoy that happens to cost more than what you do? Why is this a personal affront to you? Do you pay for them to play in that league? Do you go over to your neighbor's house and scold him for buying the Mercedes SUV when the Hyundai would have been a more economical choice?

ECNL families, do whatever you want with your money. I hope your kids are happy and having a great soccer experience. It goes by so fast - enjoy every moment!

Comment

I have never understood the "spend 10k/year and only get a $1000 scholarship" argument. 99% of the purchases I make for my children are not cost effective. Was it a good investment to let her play rec soccer? No scholarship money there! What about band? She quit after two years - wasted investment, right? That family trip to Hawaii? She's not going to college in Hawaii so that was a total waste of money. The SUV I purchased to drive her to practice? Total waste when I could have got a junker for a tenth the cost - or better yet, bought her a bus pass or a bike. SAT test fees? Another scam when she can go to community college without taking the SAT's. Giving birth to her in the first place? She's been a money vampire since the day she was born. Better off investing those dollars in a nice 401k.

Let's face it. Parenting is not a cost effective adventure. Those kids will bleed you dry. Why do you care if some soccer players found a team they enjoy that happens to cost more than what you do? Why is this a personal affront to you? Do you pay for them to play in that league? Do you go over to your neighbor's house and scold him for buying the Mercedes SUV when the Hyundai would have been a more economical choice?

ECNL families, do whatever you want with your money. I hope your kids are happy and having a great soccer experience. It goes by so fast - enjoy every moment!
                I am with you - $10,000 is crazy and not sure who in their right mind would spend that . Daughter did ECNL for the last 3 year and we spent about $7500 for 2 years and last year was less than $4000 (u18 only does 1 Showcase) as you said I too would have been disappointed with a $1000 scholarship but between academics and athletic I have more than gotten my money back

Comment

Did you mean to say list any club team that has beaten the CU and FC P teams that play in the US CLub soccer league? That list is well into the hundreds after 3 years. The list is easy to produce it's any club they played.

While we are at it.

List how many USYs /OYSA state or regional championships won by CU or FCP in the last 5 years.

Since we are making an effort to list things that are impossible to record or track.
                  Prior to ECNL everyone in OR played OPL and 90% of state cup winners were Crossfire, THUSC or FC

Comment

Not the OP but GDA is funded in part by dollars from OYSA. This is common knowledge.
                    OYSA is raising fees next year to all Oregon clubs. This is also common knowledge.
                    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the increased fees we are all paying are going in part to subsidize the GDA teams. Since OYSA refuses to use transparent accounting and release their budget information, we are left to speculate about how much of our money is being funneled to GDA. But given the history of travel expenses with ECNL teams and the very low fee GDA families are paying, one can rightfully assume a substantial subsidy is coming from OYSA fees.

I personally don't care if your kid does GDA, ECNL, OYSA, or XYZ. I just don't want to pay for it.
                    Fake news alert.

OYSA is considering raising it's nominal player card fee to $20+ per player.

OYSA player card revenues go dierectly to USYS and the day to day operation of the OYSA.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to deduce there is no correlation between an OYSA player pass fee and the subsidized USDA NWSL Thorns program run by Peregrine LLC.

What you are suggesting is called a conspiracy theory or in this case just plain B.S. or making things up.

If you don't want to pay for it; GDA, ECNL, OYSA don't sign up it (USDA, ECNL or OYSA).

Problem solved.

Comment

Prior to ECNL everyone in OR played OPL and 90% of state cup winners were Crossfire, THUSC or FC
                      Which makes sense since the OPL had a 4 to 5 year run and their post season Jamboree err.. Cup only had those 3 clubs left to play each other, that's why the folded. It was a joke.

Since 1975 OYSA & USYS State Cups have been spread across all clubs and THUSC isn't even in the the top 10 of clubs for titles, FC PDX is in the top ten though.

Winning in the OPL cul-de-sac league is not a measurement of any achievement, just a glimpse into the insanity that lead these clubs to sign up for another US Club adventure into nowhere, with a 500% increase in club fees and no ROI.

Sad clubs without any direction spinning and burning into the abyss...It's marvelous.

Comment

You hit the nail on the head, your club made a choice without consulting you, by raising your fees 500% and you get less in return, than you did playing in the defunct OPL cul-de-sac league.
                        Why don't you care?

That's the biggest question; you are still purchasing the same club product for 5x the prior cost and guess what you get the same product with worse outcomes when it comes to college scholarships. Why isn't this a personal affront to your common sense. You and your neighbor both buy a Hyundai (local club) and you pay 5x more and get worse gas mileage.

Wake Up! You've been hoodwinked and you believe you bought a Mercedes based on the hood ornament, when a mechanic looks under the hood it’s confirmed you have a Hyundai.

Being stupid is not an excuse.

Comment

You hit the nail on the head, your club made a choice without consulting you, by raising your fees 500% and you get less in return, than you did playing in the defunct OPL cul-de-sac league.
                          Why don't you care?

That's the biggest question; you are still purchasing the same club product for 5x the prior cost and guess what you get the same product with worse outcomes when it comes to college scholarships. Why isn't this a personal affront to your common sense. You and your neighbor both buy a Hyundai (local club) and you pay 5x more and get worse gas mileage.

Wake Up! You've been hoodwinked and you believe you bought a Mercedes based on the hood ornament, when a mechanic looks under the hood it’s confirmed you have a Hyundai.

Being stupid is not an excuse.
                          I'm the OP and you completely missed my point but thanks for calling me stupid. My DD plays for an alliance team and our fees have not been raised to subside ECNL clubs. They are going up next year because OYSA increased the player card fee, but that has nothing to do with ECNL.

But since you didn't answer my original questions I'll ask again. Why do you feel so personally offended that some parents are choosing the ECNL clubs with their higher fees? Are they asking you for money to pay their fees? Do you go over to your neighbors' home and criticize him for buying a speed boat when a canoe gets you on the water just fine? Do you buy your kid Target brand sneakers because Nike's are a scam?

I don't care who you are or what club you choose to spend your money on. Why do you care so much about what other people do? We all have a certain amount of disposable income and we all spend it in ways that others might find wasteful or frivolous. Worry about your own choices.

Comment

So all that you can come up with is speculation? Your logic is flawed.

Please provide the link to or scanned financial document which shows that OYSA funds any part of the GDA and DA programs. Please provide the document which explains that OYSA will raise the fee in 2017 to fund Timbers/Thorns programs.

OYSA and clubs typically raise fees each year. It happens.

What is your club affiliation?

Comment

Which makes sense since the OPL had a 4 to 5 year run and their post season Jamboree err.. Cup only had those 3 clubs left to play each other, that's why the folded. It was a joke.

Since 1975 OYSA & USYS State Cups have been spread across all clubs and THUSC isn't even in the the top 10 of clubs for titles, FC PDX is in the top ten though.

Winning in the OPL cul-de-sac league is not a measurement of any achievement, just a glimpse into the insanity that lead these clubs to sign up for another US Club adventure into nowhere, with a 500% increase in club fees and no ROI.

Sad clubs without any direction spinning and burning into the abyss...It's marvelous.
                              It's weird but the 3 years we played in OPL no ONE played OYSA

Comment

Uhhhh not even close to correct.

1. Crossfire wasn't even around then? What are you even talking about.

2. If you combined both THUSC and fc it was around 40% and sometimes as low as 20%.

Your own club wouldn't even back that lie up.

Why is anyone surprised that a Oregon Ecnl idiot is lying to people again...

Perhaps flying 3k miles to play a team that isn't as good as one 3 miles away makes you a little worried...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X