Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm sure there are YouTube videos showing how to build ships inside of a bottle. That would be much better than obsessing over 12 year old boys soccer. It's called being a helicopter parent. You should tell your son you post rankings and predictions and see what he thinks of it.
    In defense of parents everywhere - 12-yr olds don't get to decide what parents get to do with their free time.

Comment

So what if we have nothing better to do? It’s none of your business what we do in the privacy of our own homes.
      Sure it is very weird to spend the work week secretly posting on a chat room about pre-teen children, but there’s really no excuse.

Comment

2nd loss to a improved Westside team this weekend.
        Lol...Westside smells blood in the water. What could possibly go wrong with this guys prediction?

Comment

Sure it is very weird to spend the work week secretly posting on a chat room about pre-teen children, but there’s really no excuse.
          Whoa....way off base. The individual is making predictions on the game's. Yes, they are played by 13 year old boys, but the predictions are about the teams. There is nothing nefarious or creepy being said or speculated. It is sports. There is a winner and a loser. The beauty of competition. I love the posts, and the person is decidedly neutral and witty. Also self deprecating, which plays well. So leave off with your "weird" comment. What is weird is that you are on here, reading the predictions all year, and wait until now to say something? Did your team lose last weekend?

Comment

Everyone has different hobbies.

Comment

It puts the lotion on its skin.

Comment

It puts the lotion on its skin.
                uhhh, that gave me shivers

Comment

Given that this is a forum about youth soccer, discussion of youth soccer doesn't seem particularly off topic.

Comment

uhhh, that gave me shivers
                    Sorry. I was attempting to be snarky in response to the comment about the prediction post. Too far.

Comment

Creepy to be sure.

Comment

Creepy to be sure.
                        Yep, and you are included. Seriously, what the heck? It is a forum to chat about youth soccer. Nothing more, nor less. And for those of you acting sanctimonious, you do realize that you are on here doing the same? Please... get out.

Comment

No, I think you have someone trolling. I am a part of the W T F C parent group and know all the parents in the ‘04/‘05 age group. They are nothing like people are characterizing them on this site. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Both W T F C 04/05 teams are taught to play a certain way. Our coaches constantly educate us as to why they play a certain way and that we will lose games because of it. The 05’s looked outmatched physically on Saturday. That is going to happen. I watched the first 30 min of the ‘04 game and saw the same thing. BSC was bigger than our ‘04’s too. Come to find out the ‘04’s only won 3-2 and played half the game with 10 men. That’s not easy to do when outmatched physically. This shows the maturity of a group that is one year ahead of my sons group. My sons ‘05 group will hopefully mature the same.
                          Every game both of the W T F C DA teams are outmatched physically. The coaches keep telling us that they are building intelligent soccer players not physical rugby players. I personally think that there needs to be a mix of the two.
                          Very good post and spot on

Comment

Some of us wait until after the work day to do it so it's not as weird.

Comment

Some of us wait until after the work day to do it so it's not as weird.
                              What I have learned after reading todays posts...

A parent did not like something prediction guy had to say. Decided to "call him/her out" for being "weird." A decided new low, given that all of us have been on here for awhile now talking about the teams. Basicly, a continuation of the 05 thread. Status quo reigns. To the butt hurt individual, move along. Complain about your lot in life. Protest how things are not fair. Make a ridiculous accusation on an anonymous chat room. Rinse and repeat.

Comment

It’s only weird if you get caught.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X