Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    At bucks. RL at bucks is the same as icsl div 3 or 4. It’s for kids new to soccer.
    ECNL also has some kids “new to soccer”. We have a girl who broke her tib/ fib at the u12 age so still 9v9. Was out of soccer for two years yet somehow managed to be placed on the Ecnl team despite never having played 11v11 (but hey she does help the carpool) And all of the other new girls this year have never played ECNL (but one of them also helps the car pool) or any high level. So yes ECNL at bucks is also for kids new to soccer. Guess that’s another reason why our team struggles .

Comment

ECNL also has some kids “new to soccer”. We have a girl who broke her tib/ fib at the u12 age so still 9v9. Was out of soccer for two years yet somehow managed to be placed on the Ecnl team despite never having played 11v11 (but hey she does help the carpool) And all of the other new girls this year have never played ECNL (but one of them also helps the car pool) or any high level. So yes ECNL at bucks is also for kids new to soccer. Guess that’s another reason why our team struggles .
      Yeah but 3rd division isn’t horrible. Not great but not horrible. But RL being in the 13th is one of the biggest jokes ever. That’s bad. Even you have to admit that. Why even bother playing.

Comment

Yeah but 3rd division isn’t horrible. Not great but not horrible. But RL being in the 13th is one of the biggest jokes ever. That’s bad. Even you have to admit that. Why even bother playing.
        You're right .... 3rd bracket not bad for a handpicked group of kids from the same neighborhood that didn't have tryouts .... Definitely not bad for a town travel team.

Comment

You're right .... 3rd bracket not bad for a handpicked group of kids from the same neighborhood that didn't have tryouts .... Definitely not bad for a town travel team.
          Right. But the RL is in the 13th bracket! That’s dead last bracket in a tournament with a lot less teams. This is down right horrendous

Comment

Right. But the RL is in the 13th bracket! That’s dead last bracket in a tournament with a lot less teams. This is down right horrendous
            Once again, a terrible RL team at any club is a reflection (and result of) a terrible ECNL team/club. Those clubs usually don’t have the player pool to be selective. My kid plays on an ECNL team at one of the bigger clubs in the country (not PDA). At her age group, there are 10 teams (various leagues and levels). There are multiple players (both internal and from outside of the club) that are invited to train with the ECNL team throughout the year. The players are constantly reminded that their spot is not guaranteed. Training sessions are almost as competitive as games.

Based on what I have read here, it doesn’t seem like there is much internal competition at Bucks other than ECNL and RL parents bickering with one another online.

Comment

Once again, a terrible RL team at any club is a reflection (and result of) a terrible ECNL team/club. Those clubs usually don’t have the player pool to be selective. My kid plays on an ECNL team at one of the bigger clubs in the country (not PDA). At her age group, there are 10 teams (various leagues and levels). There are multiple players (both internal and from outside of the club) that are invited to train with the ECNL team throughout the year. The players are constantly reminded that their spot is not guaranteed. Training sessions are almost as competitive as games.

Based on what I have read here, it doesn’t seem like there is much internal competition at Bucks other than ECNL and RL parents bickering with one another online.
              When your RL team is in the 13th division then I don’t think there are any players to bring up to ecnl team. There’s a reason why the RL team is in the 13th division

Comment

10 teams in one age group at the same club? Stop talking nonsense

Comment

10 teams in one age group at the same club? Stop talking nonsense
                  Now the FC Bucks parents will educate me on the structure of my own kid’s club. You guys are funny.

Yes, 10 teams.

Comment

Now the FC Bucks parents will educate me on the structure of my own kid’s club. You guys are funny.

Yes, 10 teams.
                    ECNL, RL, EDP, Surf, Shore, Mercer, etc?

Comment

Another way to out it is that the ECNL parents that brokered the BRD screwed both teams. All of the good players that were denied ecnl went elsewhere. Most of the ecnl team should have been placed either in the rRL team or not made it period. Had both teams been allowed to have legit tryouts I am sure they each could have been more solid which would have attracted even better outside players. Am betting that had this happen the ecnl team might have tied LM and made at least the 2nd bracket. Plus what parent want to bring their kid to that environment and have to hang out with such narcissistic and egotistical parents at tournaments and practices?

Comment

That’s not my kid’s club, but probably similar. Different levels and regions.

Comment

Yes and you forgot South, North, American, Continental, Mountain and South Central branches.

Comment

When your RL team is in the 13th division then I don’t think there are any players to bring up to ecnl team. There’s a reason why the RL team is in the 13th division
                            Bingo! Exactly right

Comment

Another way to out it is that the ECNL parents that brokered the BRD screwed both teams. All of the good players that were denied ecnl went elsewhere. Most of the ecnl team should have been placed either in the rRL team or not made it period. Had both teams been allowed to have legit tryouts I am sure they each could have been more solid which would have attracted even better outside players. Am betting that had this happen the ecnl team might have tied LM and made at least the 2nd bracket. Plus what parent want to bring their kid to that environment and have to hang out with such narcissistic and egotistical parents at tournaments and practices?
                              Excellent points- brokering the deal BEFORE tryouts and BEFORE the coach even saw the players play created significantly weaker ECNL and RL teams. 95 kids were at the sham tryouts, paid $25.00 for a tryout none realizing the team was already picked. There were talented outside players both inside and outside the club turned away that were clearly more talented than some that were given spots. Those outside kids never came back... and now they are stuck with the mess they created. The team could have been very strong if real tryouts from the beginning had been allowed, instead you are stuck with all the parents kids who brokered the deal and their friends. Bucks has not added one impactful player since the team started because nobody wants to join the team with the shenanigans that go on. All of the really strong 2006 players that wanted ECNL went to Delco and it’s showing in Delco’s record. The irony the same parents that chose bucks didn’t go to Delco bc Delco wouldn’t agree to their terms of all or none. KARMA!

Comment

Excellent points- brokering the deal BEFORE tryouts and BEFORE the coach even saw the players play created significantly weaker ECNL and RL teams. 95 kids were at the sham tryouts, paid $25.00 for a tryout none realizing the team was already picked. There were talented outside players both inside and outside the club turned away that were clearly more talented than some that were given spots. Those outside kids never came back... and now they are stuck with the mess they created. The team could have been very strong if real tryouts from the beginning had been allowed, instead you are stuck with all the parents kids who brokered the deal and their friends. Bucks has not added one impactful player since the team started because nobody wants to join the team with the shenanigans that go on. All of the really strong 2006 players that wanted ECNL went to Delco and it’s showing in Delco’s record. The irony the same parents that chose bucks didn’t go to Delco bc Delco wouldn’t agree to their terms of all or none. KARMA!
                                Yes and now that people see the RL is in the 13 div there is no chance that team will get any new kids for tryouts and no chance of RL kids moving up to ECNL as there is a reason why RL is in 13th Div

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X