• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Coach

Any thoughts on a new coach for LSU ?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any thoughts on a new coach for LSU ?
    BL did a good job. He will be missed. I heard the ex Yale coach is looking for a job.

Comment

maybe

BL did a good job. He will be missed. I heard the ex Yale coach is looking for a job.
      I suppose so. SEC tournament championship is awesome, but you could argue it either way. Many years and thats the first one. Nonetheless I wish the guy much success. We look to the future ! Would like to see a female head this time.

Comment

I suppose so. SEC tournament championship is awesome, but you could argue it either way. Many years and thats the first one. Nonetheless I wish the guy much success. We look to the future ! Would like to see a female head this time.
        I hear ya, but the SEC is a tough conference. So many are right there not like other conferences where the talent is spread out not as evenly. Didn't SEC have the most teams in the college cup the past several years? When you have that many at large bids, it says something about the conference.

Helps that he was a finalist for National Coach of the Year from United Coaches Assn. When your peers give you cred like that, your stock shoots up. I'm surprised he waited this long though. Congrats to him.

Comment

I hear ya, but the SEC is a tough conference. So many are right there not like other conferences where the talent is spread out not as evenly. Didn't SEC have the most teams in the college cup the past several years? When you have that many at large bids, it says something about the conference.

Helps that he was a finalist for National Coach of the Year from United Coaches Assn. When your peers give you cred like that, your stock shoots up. I'm surprised he waited this long though. Congrats to him.
          LSU will always fondly remember him. Beating tough South Carolina and Tenn teams and playing #6 USC to 2-0. That's good stuff.

Comment

LSU will always fondly remember him. Beating tough South Carolina and Tenn teams and playing #6 USC to 2-0. That's good stuff.
            Will he get international/national team players to TX like he was able to get to go to LSU?

Comment

With GDA slipping away, maybe Miriam Hickey will return.

Comment

Will he get international/national team players to TX like he was able to get to go to LSU?
                Maybe- Its likely an easier sell than BR.

Comment

I don't personally know him, he could be a sweetheart of a guy, but I have to disagree with being fondly remembered from a fans' standpoint. A few good wins here and there does not a champion make. Granted, soccer is not a big priority in most of the SEC but winning is. Quality wins. Not against schools most have never heard of.

SEC is not evenly matched. Some ranked teams and some bad teams. LSU is somewhere in the middle. Clearly not able to recruit many top US players, hence the focus from overseas.

My only wish is for them to hire a quality coach that will develop the program and the players into champions.

And lets rub some salt on the wound. ACC is probably the best soccer conference in the country over all. They have credible football, basketball, softball, baseball etc etc. Clearly room for improvement everywhere in the SEC.

Comment

I don't personally know him, he could be a sweetheart of a guy, but I have to disagree with being fondly remembered from a fans' standpoint. A few good wins here and there does not a champion make. Granted, soccer is not a big priority in most of the SEC but winning is. Quality wins. Not against schools most have never heard of.

SEC is not evenly matched. Some ranked teams and some bad teams. LSU is somewhere in the middle. Clearly not able to recruit many top US players, hence the focus from overseas.

My only wish is for them to hire a quality coach that will develop the program and the players into champions.

And lets rub some salt on the wound. ACC is probably the best soccer conference in the country over all. They have credible football, basketball, softball, baseball etc etc. Clearly room for improvement everywhere in the SEC.
                    Disagree with your last statement. SEC has a big presence in all of the sports you noted.
                    For BL, it should be easier as far as recruiting. Let's face it Baton Rouge is not a big sell as far as things to do.

Comment

How much longer

'Till we get a coach ?!?!?

Comment

Surprised this wasn't updated. She was named as an interim. Good choice. Liked her when she was asst. coach previously and her recent team SEC/NCAA commentating. She was way better in breaking down the games and the players then her male NCAA commentating counterpart. He was a horror show. I thought he fell asleep sometimes.

Comment

Surprised this wasn't updated. She was named as an interim. Good choice. Liked her when she was asst. coach previously and her recent team SEC/NCAA commentating. She was way better in breaking down the games and the players then her male NCAA commentating counterpart. He was a horror show. I thought he fell asleep sometimes.
                          She was an "Associate Head Coach" prior to her seemingly quiet departure from the staff a few years ago. Correct me if I'm wrong. What happened there ?

What does "interim" mean exactly ? She is a temporary head until they find a permanent one ? Which would imply they don't want her as the head coach long term but could not find a better permanent alternative.

I've seen that done mid-season (EO was interim before being named head) to get through to end, but this is not mid-season. I guess she knows the program as well as anyone.

Comment

She was an "Associate Head Coach" prior to her seemingly quiet departure from the staff a few years ago. Correct me if I'm wrong. What happened there ?

What does "interim" mean exactly ? She is a temporary head until they find a permanent one ? Which would imply they don't want her as the head coach long term but could not find a better permanent alternative.

I've seen that done mid-season (EO was interim before being named head) to get through to end, but this is not mid-season. I guess she knows the program as well as anyone.
                            Maybe she isn't available for the head coaching job permanently at this time. Or maybe she is testing it out. She may have family obligations, etc. I think it's a good choice. She knows some of the girls as she was involved in their recruitment. Wishing her well and best of luck in the SEC. I think it's wide open this year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X