Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Class - pluses and minuses?

Looking for info from WC parents. How has your experience been? Are you happy with the club? How honest/open are the coaches? Why are there so many different teams? With the girls NYCFC DA folding, are most players going back to WC ECNL? Will NYCFC really have any role? The offers for next year say ECNL/ECNL Regional Team. Nothing about NYCFC.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looking for info from WC parents. How has your experience been? Are you happy with the club? How honest/open are the coaches? Why are there so many different teams? With the girls NYCFC DA folding, are most players going back to WC ECNL? Will NYCFC really have any role? The offers for next year say ECNL/ECNL Regional Team. Nothing about NYCFC.
    Our daughter will be returning to World Class after playing for the past 2 years on the NYCFC GDA team. The club has always been very supportive of the girls programming, probably because Kaz, the DOC coaches on the girls side. We have a lot of respect for Coach Kaz and his staff. We have been told that the teams, both ECNL and ECNL regional, will be wearing the NYCFC/WCFC kits next year. We are extremely happy with the club. My wife’s older daughter played for Kaz a few years ago and recently graduated college as a D1 athlete, so we trust the guy obviously

Comment

Our daughter will be returning to World Class after playing for the past 2 years on the NYCFC GDA team. The club has always been very supportive of the girls programming, probably because Kaz, the DOC coaches on the girls side. We have a lot of respect for Coach Kaz and his staff. We have been told that the teams, both ECNL and ECNL regional, will be wearing the NYCFC/WCFC kits next year. We are extremely happy with the club. My wife’s older daughter played for Kaz a few years ago and recently graduated college as a D1 athlete, so we trust the guy obviously
      I guess you are in the minority

The coaches there are old school retreads. The girls side is living off an old school name.

04 nycfc parents were appalled by coaching this season and that’s why most have left.
      If it’s so good there why are so many nycfc 04 and 03 players leaving to match fit and sta?

If you are looking for 1980’s American soccer coaching philosophies wcfc girls teams are perfect for you

Comment

The coaches there are old school retreads. The girls side is living off an old school name.

04 nycfc parents were appalled by coaching this season and that’s why most have left.
        If it’s so good there why are so many nycfc 04 and 03 players leaving to match fit and sta?

If you are looking for 1980’s American soccer coaching philosophies wcfc girls teams are perfect for you
        Hahaha, yeah the time when American soccer was relevant, and could compete against the Europeans, haha, funny. My daughter is graduating and we also have spent the last 2 years with the GDA, and honestly its been good. Too much emphasis has been put on who coaches, and not enough on does my child really want to be one of the best. That situation is more about her total commitment to soccer, mind, body and soul. Personally, I think that Kaz and Fredy are not great game coaches, but they are great trainers, or have been in the past. When you get to our level, you will learn that wins and loses are not as important as real-growth. The kind of growth that gets you noticed by college coaches, the kind of growth that gets you an athletic scholarship. My daughter will be playing in the Big10 next year, and Kaz and Fredy have prepared her as best as they could, and that is good enough for me.

Comment

The Girls DOC is a lunatic. Saw him get tossed in a game once. Not a good look.

Comment

The Girls DOC is a lunatic. Saw him get tossed in a game once. Not a good look.
            To be fair, he was tossed because he refused to shut-up about dangerous plays committed by the other team, and the refs refusal to enforce safe guidelines. Say what you want, I know him, he is not unlike most coaches in this region, actually he is a good guy, and puts the safety of his players before everything else. Was not there, but heard the details from others who were, and its way overblown about him getting tossed. If that was my kid getting elbowed, I would want her coach to show that kind of emotion. CK is a very good coach, his "A" license is just the beginning of his credentials, he protects his players, and honestly the other players too, as no youth player wants to purposely injure another, I would hope.

Comment

Lol. This is funny. When you say “most have left”, you immediately make your statement a lie, because as every parent who is on the 04’s knows, MOST have stayed and re-signed with Fredy. Yes, 3 are going to STA and 1 to Cedar Stars, to continue on with DA, but the rest are staying. Not one is going to MF. Wait til you see who STA has on their rosters for The Fall. Nothing like having Your daughter in prime recruiting season playing with 7th graders.

Comment

Lol. This is funny. When you say “most have left”, you immediately make your statement a lie, because as every parent who is on the 04’s knows, MOST have stayed and re-signed with Fredy. Yes, 3 are going to STA and 1 to Cedar Stars, to continue on with DA, but the rest are staying. Not one is going to MF. Wait til you see who STA has on their rosters for The Fall. Nothing like having Your daughter in prime recruiting season playing with 7th graders.
                I can’t wait until the girls who are going to STA find out who is on their team next year. This is going to be fantastic! All those players who were cut last year will now be their teammates again

Comment

To be fair, he was tossed because he refused to shut-up about dangerous plays committed by the other team, and the refs refusal to enforce safe guidelines. Say what you want, I know him, he is not unlike most coaches in this region, actually he is a good guy, and puts the safety of his players before everything else. Was not there, but heard the details from others who were, and its way overblown about him getting tossed. If that was my kid getting elbowed, I would want her coach to show that kind of emotion. CK is a very good coach, his "A" license is just the beginning of his credentials, he protects his players, and honestly the other players too, as no youth player wants to purposely injure another, I would hope.
                  I watched the game. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary. He was just whining about calls; and I do agree he wouldn't shut up about it.

Not a good look to impressionable kids.

Next time you see a kid yelling at a ref, they can just resort to "Our club leadership does the same thing".

Makes for a horrible experience for players, coaches, refs and parents on both sides.

Comment

I watched the game. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary. He was just whining about calls; and I do agree he wouldn't shut up about it.

Next time you see a kid yelling at a ref, they can just resort to "Our club leadership does the same thing".

Makes for a horrible experience for players, coaches, refs and parents on both sides.
                    Are you still stuck on this? I thought this was put to sleep last spring? Every time someone posts something about WC, you bring up that one time when their DOC got thrown out of a game in a tournament. You really have a hard on for this guy huh? Nobody cares about coaches getting thrown out of a game when they are protecting their kids

Comment

You must be his ex-wife, sorry that it didn't work-out.

Comment

Are you still stuck on this? I thought this was put to sleep last spring? Every time someone posts something about WC, you bring up that one time when their DOC got thrown out of a game in a tournament. You really have a hard on for this guy huh? Nobody cares about coaches getting thrown out of a game when they are protecting their kids
                        Every time? You just said it was last spring. Lots of WC talk, but only reinterjected today...

Anyway, sounds like it's OK to give a club and it's DoC all kinds of praise, but if you have a different opinion then it's not OK.

How fitting for America today

Comment

Every time? You just said it was last spring. Lots of WC talk, but only reinterjected today...

Anyway, sounds like it's OK to give a club and it's DoC all kinds of praise, but if you have a different opinion then it's not OK.

How fitting for America today
                          Hey Donald Jr., to reference that out of nowhere is odd, but not as odd as your traitor dad...

Comment

World Class - pluses and minuses?

Hey Donald Jr., to reference that out of nowhere is odd, but not as odd as your traitor dad...
                            Its the Hillary/Obama admin. that are traitors...raping the american people of there hard earned money, giving it away to other people all over the world...while of course keeping a nice (above average) %%% for themselves.....and of course conspiring with russians under obamas watch???!!!!!disgracefull!!!!!!!!

Comment

Its the Hillary/Obama admin. that are traitors...raping the american people of there hard earned money, giving it away to other people all over the world...while of course keeping a nice (above average) %%% for themselves.....and of course conspiring with russians under obamas watch???!!!!!disgracefull!!!!!!!!
                              Wrong forum dude. Go away

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X