X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Club - Peak FC

http://www.peakfc.net

Based out of pembroke, will be playing under US Youth Soccer, a few ex-Seacoast coaches and will be taking a large influx of players from Hillsboro Heat by merging them in.

Playing in NHSL?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Playing in NHSL?
      I believe so, but they haven't officially announced a league yet.

Comment

Just what NH needs, another club

Comment

Just what NH needs, another club
          As a paying-member of one of the "big" clubs in NH, I would actually say "yes". We do need more.

We need more options. We need more exposure to kids of all abilities from all over. We need this game to grow, and then we can pluck them and put out a quality product.

We are too thin at the upper levels right now so we need a better way to get quality players into those programs.

Comment

On their facebook page, Peak FC says:

We have gotten some questions about leagues so here is our plan.
            Well have different options for different players and teams. Our teams will be USYS and Teams could play in the NH Soccer league, North Atlantic League or New region 1 New England league based on their ability. So we’ll have opportunities for all. In the winter it’ll be up to the player and team if they wanna play futsal, indoor soccer or both. We have budgeted for one of the two options and if a player wants to do both they’d just pay the extra out of pocket.
            We have built in in New England and out of New England tournaments,
            College showcases, state cup or presidents cup. Our top futsal teams will also compete in the Regional tournament as well as league play.
            After tryouts the coaching staff will select teams and finalize leagues and events.

Thanks
            Peak FC

Comment

As a paying-member of one of the "big" clubs in NH, I would actually say "yes". We do need more.

We need more options. We need more exposure to kids of all abilities from all over. We need this game to grow, and then we can pluck them and put out a quality product.

We are too thin at the upper levels right now so we need a better way to get quality players into those programs.
              Agreed. We particularly need more clubs who are genuinely interested in growing the game and developing players, and not clubs that are driven primarily by revenue and profit.

Comment

Agreed. We particularly need more clubs who are genuinely interested in growing the game and developing players, and not clubs that are driven primarily by revenue and profit.
                Yup. Our experience with the biggest game in town has been disappointing. Coach who screams at young girls and insults them. Tells them they are a disappointment to the entire club and play like "crap". Put up with his BS for 2 years but don't know where else to go except a town program. Personally glad to see another option.

Comment

Yup. Our experience with the biggest game in town has been disappointing. Coach who screams at young girls and insults them. Tells them they are a disappointment to the entire club and play like "crap". Put up with his BS for 2 years but don't know where else to go except a town program. Personally glad to see another option.
                  So how do you know the new club won't have that also! Grass isn't always greener! There are many clubs playing in NHSL, so this doesn't seem to be any different than Amherst, BAC, or Nashua WC. Am I missing something?

Comment

So how do you know the new club won't have that also! Grass isn't always greener! There are many clubs playing in NHSL, so this doesn't seem to be any different than Amherst, BAC, or Nashua WC. Am I missing something?
                    Guess I was hoping for another member of club soccer. Would love another option for NEP and NPL. I dare dream of an ECNL club up here someday. This offering isn't really of interest. You're right. Plenty of options at this level already.

Comment

Guess I was hoping for another member of club soccer. Would love another option for NEP and NPL. I dare dream of an ECNL club up here someday. This offering isn't really of interest. You're right. Plenty of options at this level already.
                      ECNL level in NH will never be successful. There aren’t enough truly elite players to field a team.

I don’t know how more clubs will cause talent to be pooled, it will only dilute further. Also all clubs are similar and they do offer stronger coaching and more opportunity but the will always be mos focused on the highest/best teams and players. It’s the nature of the beast. I find parents of B and C teams complain the most and I totally get it - you watch the elite tram get the best of everything. My advice is always the same - tell your son or daughter to work harder or just accept the B team as is.

Comment

I don’t understand this popular sentiment. It’s always parents of B and C team players that think they are being slighted because the A team is getting more. Some think their kid is better than they are and some realize they are B team players but still don’t like not getting special treatment. I get it - no coach, changing coaches, not the same training times and frequencies, etc make you bitter and that your money is just being taken. Well life isn’t fair. Your son or daughter can either work to get better or you can go back to a town team. You are choosing to play club and be on a lower team. It’s not the only option.

Comment

I don’t understand this popular sentiment. It’s always parents of B and C team players that think they are being slighted because the A team is getting more. Some think their kid is better than they are and some realize they are B team players but still don’t like not getting special treatment. I get it - no coach, changing coaches, not the same training times and frequencies, etc make you bitter and that your money is just being taken. Well life isn’t fair. Your son or daughter can either work to get better or you can go back to a town team. You are choosing to play club and be on a lower team. It’s not the only option.
                          Agree to a point but if I'm paying $2k or more, yeah... there better be a coach! Maybe not the top guy but a consistent, professional coach! Being on the B team at a club that costs thousands doesn't mean I get treated like dirt. I don't understand why anyone would allow themselves to just accept that!

Comment

I'm a coach and club administrator, and I don't have any soccer playing kids so I like to think my perspective is reasonably objective, although it is skewed by growing up and playing in the UK.

I understand that the American vision of capitalism is rampant - from healthcare to MLS to youth soccer. It's a billion dollar industray and there are many capitalists whose only concern is to take and grow their profits. Great for them; they have a product, they have a market, there is a price.

This means that the top, profit-driven superclubs are primarily concerned with a families ability to pay. Yes, there are players who get a break here and there and there are some players who ride for free, but in all of these cases that I've heard about, it's a marketing tool. They will let players ride who will help get them wins. They will offer some scholarships here and there so they can obfuscate the true purpose of their business enterprise: making money.

On the other hand, you have some clubs like LHIFA, Mount Washington Valley, Lakes and Region United, and many others who strive to offer a new type of soccer club - affordable community based and volunteer led clubs that are able to provide better coaching and opportunites than town soccer.

These are the types of clubs who can, over time, provide a whole generation of soccer fans and players in the state from all walks of life. These are the types of clubs that need the support of USYS or USCS to thrive.

I was looking at a league standings page recently. This particular division had 11 teams. 9 of those teams were either Seacoast or GPS. That to me is just sad.

Comment

I'm a coach and club administrator, and I don't have any soccer playing kids so I like to think my perspective is reasonably objective, although it is skewed by growing up and playing in the UK.

I understand that the American vision of capitalism is rampant - from healthcare to MLS to youth soccer. It's a billion dollar industray and there are many capitalists whose only concern is to take and grow their profits. Great for them; they have a product, they have a market, there is a price.

This means that the top, profit-driven superclubs are primarily concerned with a families ability to pay. Yes, there are players who get a break here and there and there are some players who ride for free, but in all of these cases that I've heard about, it's a marketing tool. They will let players ride who will help get them wins. They will offer some scholarships here and there so they can obfuscate the true purpose of their business enterprise: making money.

On the other hand, you have some clubs like LHIFA, Mount Washington Valley, Lakes and Region United, and many others who strive to offer a new type of soccer club - affordable community based and volunteer led clubs that are able to provide better coaching and opportunites than town soccer.

These are the types of clubs who can, over time, provide a whole generation of soccer fans and players in the state from all walks of life. These are the types of clubs that need the support of USYS or USCS to thrive.

I was looking at a league standings page recently. This particular division had 11 teams. 9 of those teams were either Seacoast or GPS. That to me is just sad.
                              Great perspective. I am happy there are clubs out there filling a niche for those who want more than town soccer but maybe can't afford the price of the big clubs, or just don't want that experience.

Question for you though. What about those few kids who are REALLY serious about the sport? I'm talking the ones who live to play and have goals of college or beyond (whether those dreams will ever materialize or not). Do those middle ground clubs work or do they need the big guys to have a chance?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X