Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looks like Albertson took their list of coaches off their website. Why would they do this?
    Because the big clubs keep trying to sign (read, steal) coaches. Need to stop the bleed.

Comment

Looks like Albertson took their list of coaches off their website. Why would they do this?
      i never recall seeing the coaches listed there...just on PR website.

Comment

Because the big clubs keep trying to sign (read, steal) coaches. Need to stop the bleed.
        A better guess would be, to avoid actually advertising that the ECNL coaches and staff are also coaching and involved with GDA.

Comment

A better guess would be, to avoid actually advertising that the ECNL coaches and staff are also coaching and involved with GDA.
          Ding, ding, ding... we have a winner!

Comment

On a side note. I got an email this morning from PaulRileySoccer.com telling me to tryout for ASC and they have openings at all levels of play. Wonder how many players they lost, must be quite a few to be blasting emails this close to the start of the season for more players.

Comment

On a side note. I got an email this morning from PaulRileySoccer.com telling me to tryout for ASC and they have openings at all levels of play. Wonder how many players they lost, must be quite a few to be blasting emails this close to the start of the season for more players.
              What is the common theme of all these threads? LI is over saturated with clubs and is a mess right now. Even if Barca does well, like KK in 4-5 years it will be something new.

I can't see how this is good for players. Too many options.

Comment

What is the common theme of all these threads? LI is over saturated with clubs and is a mess right now. Even if Barca does well, like KK in 4-5 years it will be something new.

I can't see how this is good for players. Too many options.
                That goes along with too many leagues. There are just too many "elite" level teams, our kids are just spread so thin. More leagues, more clubs, more teams but the same number of kids.

Comment

That goes along with too many leagues. There are just too many "elite" level teams, our kids are just spread so thin. More leagues, more clubs, more teams but the same number of kids.
                  i agree to an extent...it is saturated. i like that there are options though. it should promote competition. but most of the times it just confuses people in the battle for the almighty $.

Albertson did lose a lot of players.

Comment

FC Fury GDA schedules list their home fields all over the place:

- St Joseph's College
                    - HBC Soccer Park
                    - Mitchel Field

So pretty much the same as it was for Albertson SC -- no dedicated faciilty and get fields where you can. Where will they be practicing?

Comment

FC Fury GDA schedules list their home fields all over the place:

- St Joseph's College
                      - HBC Soccer Park
                      - Mitchel Field

So pretty much the same as it was for Albertson SC -- no dedicated faciilty and get fields where you can. Where will they be practicing?
                      Practice?

Comment

Practice?
                        are you implying they won't be training?

Comment

are you implying they won't be training?
                          no he's being a typical soccer euro douche and criticizing the use of an american word (practice) instead of the english "training."

Probably gets bent out of shape over people who say "penalty kicks" and "goalies" as well.

Comment

no he's being a typical soccer euro douche and criticizing the use of an american word (practice) instead of the english "training."

Probably gets bent out of shape over people who say "penalty kicks" and "goalies" as well.
                            Over thinking it ... I am guessing that is an homage to Allen Iverson

Comment

Never knew practice was american vs. training as english. I do prefer the word keeper better than goalie. And penalty kicks is fine, especially when the team I'm rooting for is taking the shot. I call it soccer, not football/futbal if that matters.

I was referring to the lack of organization that seems to be present at Albany, not trying to be a euro douche.

Comment

Over thinking it ... I am guessing that is an homage to Allen Iverson
                                That's good! I forgot all about that rant

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X