Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    True. But ecnl and gda are masters of the art.
    I can totally see another DA or ECNL on Long Island, specifically Suffolk. Would be shocked if Susa is not rewarded with something. More dilution, yes. But no organization is going to lose current status, and that is one club who is really stepping up. Follow the money trail.

Comment

I can totally see another DA or ECNL on Long Island, specifically Suffolk. Would be shocked if Susa is not rewarded with something. More dilution, yes. But no organization is going to lose current status, and that is one club who is really stepping up. Follow the money trail.
      Sounds good to me. The more local clubs the better as far as the travel goes.

Comment

Sounds good to me. The more local clubs the better as far as the travel goes.
        Not going to happen. Having what is considered two DA and two ECNL already doesn’t make any sense. Have DA and ECNL work together on some level and play each other. That is an ideal solution. But, it makes too much sense and with a power struggle and money involved it will be a long shot.

Comment

Only scenario is that Alby loses or gives up the girls side of ECNL (keeps boys side) and SUSA takes over the second girls ECNL franchise on LI. EM is not losing it. Too entrenched with board. Alby probably won’t lose it either, even though they break every ECNL rule there is, because they have this guy who runs it and his name is PR and he can bascially do whatever he wants. Truth is, unless he gives up ECNL they will most likely have it again.

Comment

Hahaha did you see the U20's loose to Mexico in the Concacaf finals? The U17 WC fails were also picked for U20 team (surprise, surprise). Guess what? fail. one missed a wide open net another two missed their pk's. but we're getting better right? new coach, new ideas right? hahaha, no. same players, same result.

truth be told, these kids were picked from their ECNL days as were the other U17 WC fails. not saying GDA is the answer, but clearly the political picks in all the leagues needs to stop. at least when ODP was king/queen, US Soccer was consistent and successful on the national stage.

I give zero relevance to the recent Sr NT/US vs Denmark game. Denmark beat itself with it's multiple errors. US didn't cause them like they did in years past. Tennis anyone?
            How did the men do last night vs Bosnia?

Comment

How did the men do last night vs Bosnia?
              They didn't lose or score a goal

Comment

Agreed. Is Oprah running for USSF Pres now? You get an emblem; you get an emblem; you get an emblem; you get a car.

Comment

Agreed. Is Oprah running for USSF Pres now? You get an emblem; you get an emblem; you get an emblem; you get a car.
                  Hope Solo threw her name in the ring so it has become nearly as comical as national politics. There's some good ideas from some of the candidates, but there's like 8 running now which rarely ends well (see the 2016 GOP nomination process). Whoever wins takes over an organization well entrenched with politics, an inability to admit mistakes, and a need to control everything.

Comment

If there were no DA, I could see how ECNLwould consider a third team on LI. Even that is not probable. Now with DA, there is zero chance of that happening.

Comment

Hope Solo threw her name in the ring so it has become nearly as comical as national politics. There's some good ideas from some of the candidates, but there's like 8 running now which rarely ends well (see the 2016 GOP nomination process). Whoever wins takes over an organization well entrenched with politics, an inability to admit mistakes, and a need to control everything.
                      However, Solo has raised some solid points. She's been in the trenches. She has seen probably more problems then we even know. She probably has signed a confidentiality agreement with her settlement. but you know she has some stories to tell.
                      Don't think she wins, but her points should not be ignored. Come to think of it, I didn't think Trump would win either.

Comment

If there were no DA, I could see how ECNLwould consider a third team on LI. Even that is not probable. Now with DA, there is zero chance of that happening.
                        Do you think? ECNL is trying to fill spots to replace those that left and the DA's that are sending their B teams. Plus, now they have guys to consider. worth a shot I think. you never know.

Comment

However, Solo has raised some solid points. She's been in the trenches. She has seen probably more problems then we even know. She probably has signed a confidentiality agreement with her settlement. but you know she has some stories to tell.
                          Don't think she wins, but her points should not be ignored. Come to think of it, I didn't think Trump would win either.
                          I wonder if they would have honored her 200 cap had she not thrown her hat in the ring for USSF Pres. Wonder if they are trying to make nice with her; just in case. The timing of the honor was just odd to me.

Comment

Do you think? ECNL is trying to fill spots to replace those that left and the DA's that are sending their B teams. Plus, now they have guys to consider. worth a shot I think. you never know.
                            I believe ECNL already has more franchises than the DA. If they were to grow, I would think it would be in areas where the DA currently has no presence.

Comment

I believe ECNL already has more franchises than the DA. If they were to grow, I would think it would be in areas where the DA currently has no presence.
                              Let's be honest, you're making it seem like there are 2 viable DA options on LI...there isn't. If you think ECNL isn't weighing and measuring the make-up, success and local geography of the market of clubs that apply, you're wrong.

Comment

Let's be honest, you're making it seem like there are 2 viable DA options on LI...there isn't. If you think ECNL isn't weighing and measuring the make-up, success and local geography of the market of clubs that apply, you're wrong.
                                ECNL definitely is. But, LISC will be around at least another couple years. They started way behind the eight ball and Fury jumped all over any good player. USSDA knows this. There will be a lot of change next year and LISC will be much improved. And all that means is not the worst program in the NE. Empire already has that for this year anyway. So, ECNL will have to wait this out locally.

Can I see SUSA getting ECNL someday. I could. But, as the current situation is constituted, it makes no sense.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X