Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Central Florida should be an important hub for Youth Soccer

Orlando is an amazing destination with more than 65kk visitor arrivals via MCO annually.

In Orlando we are so fragmented with tournaments. Some of the best teams from the US visit us regularly at Disney. Other than Feer of losing money (kids switching clubs) fear of lowing to local clubs and fear of exposing kids/parents to local clubs why don't the local clubs all support each other? Instead last week you had GPS and OCYS having a tournament yet Rush was notreally at either.

Respect the parents (your customers) support local tournaments which reduce costs and should strengthen regional participation.

Thoughts

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Orlando is an amazing destination with more than 65kk visitor arrivals via MCO annually.

In Orlando we are so fragmented with tournaments. Some of the best teams from the US visit us regularly at Disney. Other than Feer of losing money (kids switching clubs) fear of lowing to local clubs and fear of exposing kids/parents to local clubs why don't the local clubs all support each other? Instead last week you had GPS and OCYS having a tournament yet Rush was notreally at either.

Respect the parents (your customers) support local tournaments which reduce costs and should strengthen regional participation.

Thoughts
    Sober up before you post

Comment

central florida

I think most tournaments welcome as many teams as they can. I mean tournaments are essentially huge fund raisers for most clubs. I do not think OCYS or GPS was locking out Florida Rush. I mean maybe they did but I could not imagine why they would. Most likely Rush simply didn't sign up for either tournament. There are so many tournaments a club can't sign up for all of them.

As for making Florida soccer better I'd like to see Division I, Division II, and Division III youth soccer in all the age groups and be done with it. I do not like how you have ECNL, DA, Florida Premier League, Academy only soccer, etc....

They should simply make three different competitive league divisions and use promotion and relegation to make sure teams are at similar skills levels, etc...

The way the skill levels are all chopped up makes no sense to me. If needed make a Division IV level.

If everything was consolidated teams could train at top levels and play each other at top levels without having to travel all over the state to find competitive games. But when you essentially have four different leagues and leagues within leagues it just makes a big mess.

Maybe it is all about $$$$. Cause certainly if less travel was required players could train more.

Comment

I think most tournaments welcome as many teams as they can. I mean tournaments are essentially huge fund raisers for most clubs. I do not think OCYS or GPS was locking out Florida Rush. I mean maybe they did but I could not imagine why they would. Most likely Rush simply didn't sign up for either tournament. There are so many tournaments a club can't sign up for all of them.

As for making Florida soccer better I'd like to see Division I, Division II, and Division III youth soccer in all the age groups and be done with it. I do not like how you have ECNL, DA, Florida Premier League, Academy only soccer, etc....

They should simply make three different competitive league divisions and use promotion and relegation to make sure teams are at similar skills levels, etc...

The way the skill levels are all chopped up makes no sense to me. If needed make a Division IV level.

If everything was consolidated teams could train at top levels and play each other at top levels without having to travel all over the state to find competitive games. But when you essentially have four different leagues and leagues within leagues it just makes a big mess.

Maybe it is all about $$$$. Cause certainly if less travel was required players could train more.
        Makes way too much sense.

Comment

Of the Central Florida big clubs, OCYS, Rush, GPS, FKK, ect. some support each others local tournaments and others specifically do not. You scratch my back and I will scratch yours. Most of the big clubs tell there teams which tournaments they can sign up for. Consolidation of leagues will never happen because of the money involved. I actually think your going to see even more leagues in the next few years. Not less
          Unfortunate but likely.

On the national level the major youth soccer organizations had a multi day meeting. That is a good thing. The bad news is, all they could agree on is that they should put the player first when making any decisions. Really? That's the best they could do on cooperation?
          Sad.

Comment

Of the Central Florida big clubs, OCYS, Rush, GPS, FKK, ect. some support each others local tournaments and others specifically do not. You scratch my back and I will scratch yours. Most of the big clubs tell there teams which tournaments they can sign up for. Consolidation of leagues will never happen because of the money involved. I actually think your going to see even more leagues in the next few years. Not less
            Unfortunate but likely.

On the national level the major youth soccer organizations had a multi day meeting. That is a good thing. The bad news is, all they could agree on is that they should put the player first when making any decisions. Really? That's the best they could do on cooperation?
            Sad.
            Why did the meeting take place? Vacation and mixers

Comment

Unfortunate but likely.

Sad.
              Putting the player first? Is that why organizations like fuss give established clubs a 10 mile radius where no one else can compete and be sanctioned by fuss?

Comment

These different leagues have caused the ridiculous travel. Parents need to stop it...we do pay. Speak up to your boards. This is Florida and we don’t need to fly to Atlanta, South Carolina, Alabama to play a soccer game. Wake up people!

Comment

These different leagues have caused the ridiculous travel. Parents need to stop it...we do pay. Speak up to your boards. This is Florida and we don’t need to fly to Atlanta, South Carolina, Alabama to play a soccer game. Wake up people!
                  You speak the truth

Comment

The distant travel makes it harder to hire coaches.,Coaches often want to give of their time to coach but don’t want it to be an every other weekend away driving to Georgia.

Comment

It would be nice to return to the day when State Cup meant something and the winners went on to Regional and possibly National contention. However, because all these leagues have (good or bad) given more players more exposure on a Regional/National; folks are going to keep paying.

I don't know what the right answer is and I agree it limits families with budget constraints, but all the hand wringing is not going to make NPL, ECNL or DA go away.

Comment

college coaches/recruiters are now paying more attention in looking not only for good players but also those players that can handle travel and their class load. Thus, they now pay greater attention to players who have done just that in their High School years. They know that they lose players after the first year in college due to not being able to handle travel and education. By recruiting players who have been able to do this they know that the chance of player dropping after year 1 is greatly lessened.
                        so for everyone who complains about the "travel" if your child has no desire to play in college, then don't get on a team that travels. if however your child would like to play in college, then having them on a travel team will help them. PS - no one is forced to join a travel team, so don't complain...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X