Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well said, the negative posters can take a hike. Having more young female athletes playing at a collegiate level, attending schools they may not be able to attend otherwise, is extremely beneficial to all.
    100% correct

Comment

Mom please stop. Nobody here cares. You are supposed to brag on instagram and Facebook. Nobody comes on this site for feel good or bragging.
      I happen to be proud of my daughter and I deserve to get recognition too. An anonymous chat room with a bunch of weird people lurking is the perfect place for bragging.

Comment

Nothing wrong with Title IX as it's written, problem here is how it's applied and then extrapolated into D1 talent*.

The aim of title ix was not to create travel leagues for DIII level talent. That's all.
        Finally someone tells it like it is.

The greed of club coaches and entire clubs inflating their player pools actual stock, based on the trickle down impact of title ix on non revenue activity at the d1 level.

Always angle and in this case always a sucker ready to fly away.

Just because title ix awards 2x the number of opportunities to female participants in soccer than males this doesn't change the fiber of the females ability, colleges have to take on not so good players to fill out rosters. That's reality of how title ix impacts women's soccer.

Comment

Well said, the negative posters can take a hike. Having more young female athletes playing at a collegiate level, attending schools they may not be able to attend otherwise, is extremely beneficial to all.
          Those opportunities are still their for Oregonians without pointless club travel to insanity.

You all been conned.

Comment

Nothing wrong with Title IX as it's written, problem here is how it's applied and then extrapolated into D1 talent*.

The aim of title ix was not to create club travel leagues for DIII level talent. That's all.
            Boom!

Preach it.

Comment

Those opportunities are still their for Oregonians without pointless club travel to insanity.

You all been conned.
              Apparently someone didn't quite make use of the free education available in this country.

If by some long shot you went to a private school, you really ought to ask for your money back.

Comment

Apparently someone didn't quite make use of the free education available in this country.

If by some long shot you went to a private school, you really ought to ask for your money back.

Same can by said to you, these local travel clubs owe you a refund and an apology.

Getting educated is a start, you might want to consider going forward.

Comment

Agreed. (In particular, Maggie and Ava both very talented players. Great to see they are already doing well @D1)
                  So are all the other players like Skiba and Wormdahl. Great that so many Oregon players are playing and making an impact in D1.

Comment

Stop judgemental you don’t know anything

Comment

So someone’s daughter is playing college soccer so mom has nothing better to do than come on an anonymous chat room and try to brag? Nothing at all better to do?

Pretty sad. If you are happy, don’t worry what other people think. You aren’t impressing anyone here.

For god sakes if your daughter is on college get off this chat room.

Comment

So someone’s daughter is playing college soccer so mom has nothing better to do than come on an anonymous chat room and try to brag? Nothing at all better to do?

Pretty sad. If you are happy, don’t worry what other people think. You aren’t impressing anyone here.

This post makes me lol. Given all the tripe posted on this forum, a thread about some new college players is pretty mild.
                        You need to relax.

Comment

I’m sure this will launch a new round of ECNL/academy bashing but I thought it was great seeing how many Oregon players got on the scoreboard this weekend:

S. Higenbotham - Westside/PSU
                          M. Palmer - CU/Oregon
                          J. Wormdahl - CU/Oregon
                          M. Ellertson- Salmon Creek/WSU
                          M. Weinart - CU/Oregon State

And in D2:
                          J. Nyby - Eugene Timbers/Concordia
                          H. Leavens - Westside/Concordia

I’m glad to see Oregon players having success at next level no matter where they came from. Who did I miss?
                          You have way too much time on your hand, but thanks Mrs Palmer

Comment

I’m sure this will launch a new round of ECNL/academy bashing but I thought it was great seeing how many Oregon players got on the scoreboard this weekend:

S. Higenbotham - Westside/PSU
                            M. Palmer - CU/Oregon
                            J. Wormdahl - CU/Oregon
                            M. Ellertson- Salmon Creek/WSU
                            M. Weinart - CU/Oregon State

And in D2:
                            J. Nyby - Eugene Timbers/Concordia
                            H. Leavens - Westside/Concordia

I’m glad to see Oregon players having success at next level no matter where they came from. Who did I miss?
                            You do realize Concordia hasn’t started yet, all games now are exhibition until 9/5

Comment

You have way too much time on your hand, but thanks Mrs Palmer
                              Nah. 00/01 parent but so what.

Comment

If you wonder about the motivation for people to post here that’s a dark hole.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X