Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have done a lot of research on the internet, but the thing I found most helpful is a short book (can skim it in an hour or less) that sets out the nuts and bolts of recruiting. It is "The Athletic Scholarship Playbook" and is about $15 on Amazon. Don't bite my head off if you don't want to look at it, that's fine. I just found it put all this information floating around into one easy place to figure out what to do.

here's the thing -- everyone's journey will be different. I would love it if we could share experiences/pointers without tearing each other down. It could be a great resource! (I however am not hopeful).
    i tried to say the same think multiple times and got insulted

I would love it if we could share experiences/pointers BASED ON A REAL KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT COULD HELP A POSTER. It could be a great resource! but the internet is a place where people are ( for good reason) either not willing to tell the truth or reveal enough to make it useful

I made a few amendments to your comment ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      One thing I find irritating on the high school sidelines are the parents who are convinced their kids are the second coming -- and also will play in college. I actually think there are some bright line criteria that can help parents see whether their kid is suited to play in college, or not. Here are a couple of my criteria, would love to hear more.

If your son is a senior and not starting on varsity he is not one of the best players and is not a strong candidate for college recruitment.

On the flip side, if your son makes varsity as a freshman and is a starter he might be on the path to D1 (assuming a very strong high school program, like a prep school).

Similarly, kids who stay after practice to take shots/keep playing are showing the drive to improve that is a key element of college potential.

Thoughts?

i dont like such benchmarks. the quality varies dramatically school to school and your analysis is way too subjective. one could make a VERY strong argument that in the international pool that is mens soccer, if a boy is playing HS at all he is not comparable to the very best players

Comment

True, the benchmarks are very subjective. Not all high school is horrible, the prep schools play fairly high level soccer, much higher level than public schools. (don't bite my head off, they recruit, including internationally). That said, even prep school isn't *that* high, though top prep players also play top club.

The prep school jamboree was this past weekend with about 100 coaches, from top D1 to bottom D3 there, so you are right, this experience is not typical of high school.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X