Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of Summer

Anyone with Girls send them to the Berkshire girls summer camp? I have a daughter who loves soccer but is not the next Alex Morgan. The camp looks like it would be fun and foster her game.. Feedback anyone

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone with Girls send them to the Berkshire girls summer camp? I have a daughter who loves soccer but is not the next Alex Morgan. The camp looks like it would be fun and foster her game.. Feedback anyone
    overpriced for what it is. many others out there. they keep advertising on BOTN so that tells you plenty

Comment

overpriced for what it is. many others out there. they keep advertising on BOTN so that tells you plenty
      What others are out there that someone would recommend. I know Red Bulls has sleep away camps but do not know any others.....

Recomendations anyone?

Comment

What others are out there that someone would recommend. I know Red Bulls has sleep away camps but do not know any others.....

Recomendations anyone?
        My experience with the Red Bulls camps are that they are VERY serious and wall-to-wall soccer. That's a great thing if that's what your kid wants and the worst possible thing if it isn't!

Comment

Recomendations anyone?
          Red Bulls is very good, usually with some better skilled players.

Comment

Red Bulls is very good, usually with some better skilled players.
            If you kid is halfway good, send them to the RDS camp... the regular red bull camps do play a lot of soccer, but the instruction is a lot simpler and there is more game playing. The RDS program is dialed in and the group of player all pay attention and get it so the drills go better. The regular camps anyone can go and some of the kids cant play very well and they spend too much time on the basics

Comment

If you kid is halfway good, send them to the RDS camp... the regular red bull camps do play a lot of soccer, but the instruction is a lot simpler and there is more game playing. The RDS program is dialed in and the group of player all pay attention and get it so the drills go better. The regular camps anyone can go and some of the kids cant play very well and they spend too much time on the basics
              This is right -- I was earlier poster about Red Bulls camp and was definitely talking about the RDS camps. I have no experience with the regular camps.

Comment

This is right -- I was earlier poster about Red Bulls camp and was definitely talking about the RDS camps. I have no experience with the regular camps.
                I posted earlier and meant to say that as well. RDS is the way to go

Comment

Is there a girls only RDS camp?

Comment

Is there a girls only RDS camp?
                    Wouldn't checking the Red Bulls website be a more reliable way of answering your question.

I second (Or 3rd or 4th) the Red Bulls RDS camp recommendation. It made my son the player he is today. And emphasized good values/sportsmanship.

Comment

Wouldn't checking the Red Bulls website be a more reliable way of answering your question.
                      Unfortunately their site does not have anything other than general info on summer camps and only lists the current winter program. That is why I was asking of those who might have done their programs before about if they have a girls only RDS camp

Comment

Unfortunately their site does not have anything other than general info on summer camps and only lists the current winter program. That is why I was asking of those who might have done their programs before about if they have a girls only RDS camp
                        That's odd. When I signed my son up there was a list of locations and whether it was boys or girls. But that may be a step away from just the website. The RDS camps are tryout based, so you may not be able to access the page I'm referring to yet. If your child plays club soccer then they are at the RDS camp level.

Comment

That's odd. When I signed my son up there was a list of locations and whether it was boys or girls. But that may be a step away from just the website. The RDS camps are tryout based, so you may not be able to access the page I'm referring to yet. If your child plays club soccer then they are at the RDS camp level.
                          You can only see the current classes for over the winter, not anything related to summer. Was trying to get some feedback on it from people who might have done it in summers past.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X