Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m genuinely interested, when you were attending these showcases, how could you tell who was a college coach? We’re new to this, just starting showcases, and am curious as to how, as parents and spectators, to pick them out. I mean do they watch from a designated area, are they literally carrying clipboards/folders/iPads? Are they dressed in college/university gear?
    For the most part, Yes, Yes & Yes.

Comment

For the most part, Yes, Yes & Yes.
      Haha Got it. Good to know when we go in a few weeks, Thanks!

Comment

Haha Got it. Good to know when we go in a few weeks, Thanks!
        If you're new to this, you should know that coaches don't randomly watch games, they're there to see specific players-most of which they've been communicating with for a while. Sure, once in a while an additional player catches their eye, but it doesn't happen that often. If your daughter is interested in having coaches come see her, she should work with her club coach/doc to get in touch with those coaches and provide them with her schedule.

Just trying to be helpful...

Comment

I’m genuinely interested, when you were attending these showcases, how could you tell who was a college coach? We’re new to this, just starting showcases, and am curious as to how, as parents and spectators, to pick them out. I mean do they watch from a designated area, are they literally carrying clipboards/folders/iPads? Are they dressed in college/university gear?
          Gear? absolutely
          Note taking (phone, ipad, paper) Check

They also tend to sit down on either corner, sometimes even on the bench side, to stay away from parents

Comment

If you're new to this, you should know that coaches don't randomly watch games, they're there to see specific players-most of which they've been communicating with for a while. Sure, once in a while an additional player catches their eye, but it doesn't happen that often. If your daughter is interested in having coaches come see her, she should work with her club coach/doc to get in touch with those coaches and provide them with her schedule.

Just trying to be helpful...
            Not entirely true, some girls are definitely on radars and should expect to get coaches to check them out for a few minutes - but I can tell you last year we did not have any one particular player who was on the radar. I think the coach and the team name brought them to the sidelines.

Another poster answered for me as I was the one who mentioned the showcases - but in agreement with the previous responses. They definitely are easy to spot. They tend to sit away from the parents (corner of the team side of the field) but have all of their college gear on, note pads, and from my experience were ok with small engaging conversation. I was able to talk to some of the coaches that sparked my daughters interest and they were happy to answer questions as I also passed them a copy of our team flyer for their reference.

My daughter has had a lot of college feedback from the two showcases last year (U14 Spring & Summer).

Comment

Fury plays Alby Fury tomorrow. What a great game that will be!

Comment

Fury plays Alby Fury tomorrow. What a great game that will be!
                Are these LIJSL D3 games?

Comment

Back in your hole Susa dad. See you at tryouts when you try coming back because your HS team sucks.

Comment

Back in your hole Susa dad. See you at tryouts when you try coming back because your HS team sucks.
                    No one's coming back to the Fury mess...

Comment

No one's coming back to the Fury mess...
                      U15s 0-8-1 and -26 GD
                      U17s 1-6-1 also -26 GD (meanwhile Empire no wins and a -56 GD yikes.)
                      U19s 0-5-0 -30 GD

#offtoagreatstart

Comment

Bet you couldn’t handle D3 you arrogant —-.
                        You are probably one of those crazy parents that had your kid taking private soccer lessons when they were 2 because they were identified as having great footskill and faster to the pigeons in the park than the other 2 year olds.
                        And when you were young, You felt you high school coach shouldn’t have kept you on the bench. That you knew more than him. Now you are a 40 year old fat, slow arm chair quarterback or try to keep in shape and play Sunday morning games thinking you could have been a contender.

...Nothing wrong with LIJSL. Some kids just wanna have fun with their friend. Their parents aren’t arrogant like you with delusions of grandeur. Your Mia ain’t the next Mia. But is the next Mia you wanna be.

Comment

Maybe if YOUR daughter played LIJSL d3 you wouldn’t be so crazy and would just have fun as opposed to being psycho.

Comment

If every family just said enough and universally pulled all our players back to lijsl next year we would all be better off. Pleanty of strong players here on LI. All this time in money in cars and planes etc does nothing to improve their play. Spend that money on stronger coaching and the time on training. We could have a very high quality localized league with the useless burdensome travel nonsense.

Comment

If every family just said enough and universally pulled all our players back to lijsl next year we would all be better off. Pleanty of strong players here on LI. All this time in money in cars and planes etc does nothing to improve their play. Spend that money on stronger coaching and the time on training. We could have a very high quality localized league with the useless burdensome travel nonsense.
                              Meant without the useless travel.

Comment

NYSC, the most overpriced and overrated girls youth soccer club in the entire world, you morons pay almost $1500 more than us, and the quality of your child’s experience is average at best. Every time we see you guys my thoughts turn to pity, those poor girls....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X