Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    While I could care less about sachem, at least get your facts straight because this statement is beyond dumb. The sachem board ruined that club long before LIPS got there.
    Thanks Tom

Comment

If Smithtown is just a rec. league as someone suggested earlier, why are their teams always being brought up/bashed on these forums? I don't see any other rec. league clubs ever being brought up. The only teams ever being brought up on these forums are SUSA, Fury, Alby, EM; are these rec. league clubs? That's a rhetorical question for the moron who made this dumb comment. Go back to sleep jackass and stop worrying about whether Smithtown is going to beat your kids team.

Comment

Actually, it was a success, and is currently a success, you should look at the standings. NE NPL has not done one thing for Smithtown. Hopefully whatever club your kid plays for will be at a tournament and they can play smithtown and then we can all see how good or bad the teams are.
        Lol, I've never seen a single Smithtown team make it out of the playoffs and only 1 or 2 teams even get that far. They look pretty decent in the standings now because NPL broke up the conference and put the top teams in a different division. Don't worry, I'm sure Smithtown will kill it in EDP playing everybody's C & D teams! Maybe they'll even get a trophy or 2!

Comment

So, i'm just catching up on these and have to say, I agree with the Smithtown parent who is defending the club. My kid plays at EM so I have no first hand knowledge of the club, but from what I've seen over the years, Smithtown is a lot more than a rec. Club. Are they great across the board, definitely not, but they do have some strong teams and a history of strong teams. As someone said, if they are such a bad club, you wouldn't be talking about them, so the fact that you are really defeats your argument.

Comment

and some moms
            Hot moms?

Comment

So, i'm just catching up on these and have to say, I agree with the Smithtown parent who is defending the club. My kid plays at EM so I have no first hand knowledge of the club, but from what I've seen over the years, Smithtown is a lot more than a rec. Club. Are they great across the board, definitely not, but they do have some strong teams and a history of strong teams. As someone said, if they are such a bad club, you wouldn't be talking about them, so the fact that you are really defeats your argument.
              I saw something about Sachem becoming a rec club after a few years under LIPS but nothing about Smithtown being one. Seems TL and his cronies are a little sensitive after losing NPL.

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

A lot of Smithtown bashing going on here. That's sad, I know a lot of those guys and they are great people. They always seem to be looking after their kids and their teams and trying to find good opportunities for them. Totally unfair.

I can only guess this crazy thread is being fueled by the big club(s) who want to try to poach their stronger players. There are too many leagues out there! GDA has some good teams and some poor teams. ECNL has some good and bad, too. As does NPL and EDP. Each club seems to have strengths and weaknesses in various age groups. Their are a lot of players out there who obviously don't belong playing at those levels. It's a massive watering down of talent.

It's too bad the local Long Island clubs can't compete on a merit system based on team performance in these higher leagues. Teams that get automatic DA, ECNL, EDP, and NPL often don't belong there and it's obvious because of where they fall in the standings.

The trash and lies I see on this thread really show the quality of parents pushing their kids travel soccer agendas. People should be really look at the motivation of a thread like this and hopefully see through the BS smear campaign going on. Who is writing this crap and why?

I like the people at Smithtown and as a fellow local neighboring and competing club member can't stand to see this nonsense thrown their way. Is it solely the greed of the big clubs and trainers pitting these clubs against one another? I for one will stay away from the big organizations and let my daughter play in a place with good coaches and trainers any day and a reasonable price.

Comment

IMO Smithtown handles the balance of premier and rec quite well. All trainer run for the A teams. Parent coaches for the bottom teams. Don't spend a fortune on fields or unneeded extras. Does what they can to put their top teams in stronger leagues.

Do they always make the right decisions? No, of course not. But they are a model that a lot of town clubs should follow.

Comment

IMO Smithtown handles the balance of premier and rec quite well. All trainer run for the A teams. Parent coaches for the bottom teams. Don't spend a fortune on fields or unneeded extras. Does what they can to put their top teams in stronger leagues.

Do they always make the right decisions? No, of course not. But they are a model that a lot of town clubs should follow.
                    And let's be honest, some of their top teams can and do compete with the big clubs on a regular basis. Its been said a few times here, if they were just a rec. club we would not be discussing them. We are discussing them because they have some talented kids/teams

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

Looks like East Meadow is dumping Smithtown and joining forces with Farmingdale. Great news for Farmingdale who will now have access to higher level competition and showcases.
                      It'll be fun to watch Smithtown try and spin this narrative as a positive!
                      LOL! Idiot why would East Meadow "dump," using your words Smithtown when they're teams are performing so well, too well. Maybe their just perceived as a threat.

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

Agreed, Smithtown is a dud club, their partnership with EM was the only thing they had going for them. Farmingdale has had some real top level teams through the years, nobody was better than the 97s (I know, I'm dating myself,lol). Also expect to draw talent from Massapequa and Levittown where the grumbling about the new (definitely not) improved EDP/USYS, has already begun.
                        You're just crazy

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

A lot of Smithtown bashing going on here. That's sad, I know a lot of those guys and they are great people. They always seem to be looking after their kids and their teams and trying to find good opportunities for them. Totally unfair.

I can only guess this crazy thread is being fueled by the big club(s) who want to try to poach their stronger players. There are too many leagues out there! GDA has some good teams and some poor teams. ECNL has some good and bad, too. As does NPL and EDP. Each club seems to have strengths and weaknesses in various age groups. Their are a lot of players out there who obviously don't belong playing at those levels. It's a massive watering down of talent.

It's too bad the local Long Island clubs can't compete on a merit system based on team performance in these higher leagues. Teams that get automatic DA, ECNL, EDP, and NPL often don't belong there and it's obvious because of where they fall in the standings.

The trash and lies I see on this thread really show the quality of parents pushing their kids travel soccer agendas. People should be really look at the motivation of a thread like this and hopefully see through the BS smear campaign going on. Who is writing this crap and why?

I like the people at Smithtown and as a fellow local neighboring and competing club member can't stand to see this nonsense thrown their way. Is it solely the greed of the big clubs and trainers pitting these clubs against one another? I for one will stay away from the big organizations and let my daughter play in a place with good coaches and trainers any day and a reasonable price.
                          I couldn't agree more!

Comment

I think this is very valid. Lots of good club options out there that offer a great and realistic alternative.

Comment

LOL! Idiot why would East Meadow "dump," using your words Smithtown when they're teams are performing so well, too well. Maybe their just perceived as a threat.
                              Smithtown a threat to EM? Please tell me you are kidding

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

Smithtown a threat to EM? Please tell me you are kidding
                                All of Smithtown's teams are making EMSC look good! Why would they turn their back on them? Makes zero sense. Some of these high priced EM trainers/staff shopping themselves around?

Something smells pretty bad here.... The DOC of Farmingdale also a EM trainer brings his teams over. Some wheeling and dealing and shady stuff going down.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X