Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Murphy doesn't represent all Democrats. You tar us all with the same brush.

Based on your argument then, the Republican party is dominated by the extreme right and ultra-conservative voice. That's the voice of Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, Steve Bannon and the like. Should we believe that they represent the entirety of the Republican party philosophy too?

Did not Trump use the fear of illegal immigration as a weapon during his campaign? Do you think he played on people's fears and emotions to get votes? Do you recall the terrible things he said as I do? How do you defend that from him and vilify the same from the Democrats? Is it because you support one side and not the other?

If Murphy shows me he believes in "open" borders, then he loses my vote. But I don't believe that. Frankly, I've not seen any numbers from any reliable source on either side of this argument about what is really happening inside these processes. Just a lot of claims about "80%" this or "90%" that. Just politics and vitriol.
    But if you had been listening to "Fux News" you would have different facts and alternative truths to consider...

Comment

no i might agree with your statement about AA and the system- except for they are a big reason for the system as it is now
      You are right ... some are criminals but most are peaceful. But we don’t care they shot both

Comment

Based on your argument then, the Republican party is dominated by the extreme right and ultra-conservative voice. That's the voice of Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, Steve Bannon and the like. Should we believe that they represent the entirety of the Republican party philosophy too?
        Yes, that is exactly what I hear. Almost word for word.

You either voted for Hillary -- or you are a sexist-racist uneducated redneck who wants to lock up ALL immigrants in cages. Go back and ready several dozen pages making just that accusation.

Comment

Yes, that is exactly what I hear. Almost word for word.

You either voted for Hillary -- or you are a sexist-racist uneducated redneck who wants to lock up ALL immigrants in cages. Go back and ready several dozen pages making just that accusation.

I didn't vote for Mrs. Clinton. Sorry.

I absolutely do not want to lock up all immigrants in cages and I'm deadly set against taking kids away from the rightful parents and guardians.

I'm a more moderate voice here.

I'm a person that believes staunchly in enforcing our immigration policies. No request for asylum considered unless that person applies at a port of entry. I'm for charging illegal immigrants with a crime when caught crossing over. I'm for deporting those people as fast as possible. I believe in the rule that if you have to incarcerate adults with their kids, that you have to meet the rule of law and either deport or release within 20 days. If 20 days is not sufficient, get more judges or change the law. Well within the power of Congress and the President to do so.

At the same time, I'm all for deporting illegals caught in the country that have been convicted of a felony. Same for proven gang members. But I don't believe deporting the DACA kids is a morally good decision. They are victims of their parents' decisions and a lifetime of being raised here. I believe they deserve a path to a permanent green card or citizenship, provided they meet whatever requirements are set out for them to do so. I'm also not keen on trying to find and deport the millions who have been here a long time. Rather, I support a program that requires them to come out of the shadows and face the music. Fines, community service, back taxes paid, whatever it takes, along with a demanding and challenging path to the "earning" a green card or citizenship. As they come forward, you send home the felons and gang members. After a set period, those who have not come forward will be deported when found.

That seems the logical path to take as a nation. Tons of details that would have to be worked out, but any more extreme solutions just are not going to be supported by enough people and politicians.

Comment

I didn't vote for Mrs. Clinton. Sorry.

I absolutely do not want to lock up all immigrants in cages and I'm deadly set against taking kids away from the rightful parents and guardians.

I'm a more moderate voice here.

I'm a person that believes staunchly in enforcing our immigration policies. No request for asylum considered unless that person applies at a port of entry. I'm for charging illegal immigrants with a crime when caught crossing over. I'm for deporting those people as fast as possible. I believe in the rule that if you have to incarcerate adults with their kids, that you have to meet the rule of law and either deport or release within 20 days. If 20 days is not sufficient, get more judges or change the law. Well within the power of Congress and the President to do so.

At the same time, I'm all for deporting illegals caught in the country that have been convicted of a felony. Same for proven gang members. But I don't believe deporting the DACA kids is a morally good decision. They are victims of their parents' decisions and a lifetime of being raised here. I believe they deserve a path to a permanent green card or citizenship, provided they meet whatever requirements are set out for them to do so. I'm also not keen on trying to find and deport the millions who have been here a long time. Rather, I support a program that requires them to come out of the shadows and face the music. Fines, community service, back taxes paid, whatever it takes, along with a demanding and challenging path to the "earning" a green card or citizenship. As they come forward, you send home the felons and gang members. After a set period, those who have not come forward will be deported when found.

That seems the logical path to take as a nation. Tons of details that would have to be worked out, but any more extreme solutions just are not going to be supported by enough people and politicians.
            Amen. A voice of reason at last. It is possible to support some of the policies of one party without supporting them all and you shouldn’t be painted with one brush if that is the case. It is also why the 2 party system no longer works. We have evolved in so many areas, but haven’t found a way to better a system that helps only one group of people—the politicians. They care about one thing and one thing only, getting re-elected. Term limits would help in one respect. It would take the election out of the equation and hopefully convince them to act in what was right for the country. But it would also force them to make as many backhanded deals as possible in a short period of time to “get theirs”.

On the issue of immigration, too many people simplify the issue. There are people that come to the country legally every day and have to go through a long and painstaking process. They work. They pay taxes. How is it fair to them? What about people struggling near the poverty line? Jobs disappear for illegals willing to do them cheaply. Helps the big companies, but not employment. Those same people don’t pay taxes, which then contributes to a deficit, or at least doesn’t contribute to eradicating it. Violent criminals that have entered the country illegally. Certainly not the majority, but how many of those are too many? Are losing 10 innocent lives a sacrifice people are willing to make? 100? More? Less?

Complicated issues that can’t be solved by taking points from either side or a do nothing Congress. Think about this past week. Congress could have solved the problem in an hour. But they chose not to because they would rather have politician talking points for the mid terms. Crazy times.

Comment

The far left and the far right are ruining this country. And, there is no end in sight.

As long as people who don't agree with you are called snowflakes, libtards, Trumpets, racists, puzzy-grabbers, etc. we all will just suck overall.

Comment

^^^^^^^

Can't really argue with most of this...

Comment

^^^^^^^

Can't really argue with most of this...
                  Actually, this was intended for post #12620, not the one above... fast moving board!

Comment

Actually, this was intended for post #12620, not the one above... fast moving board!
                    Now I'm offended.

j/k

All good, hopefully collectively we can find a way to go forward at a 'medium pace'

Comment

The far left and the far right are ruining this country. And, there is no end in sight.

As long as people who don't agree with you are called snowflakes, libtards, Trumpets, racists, puzzy-grabbers, etc. we all will just suck overall.
                      Unfortunately part of that is driven by our two party system where extremists win the primaries. Then we're left with crap choices on either side, leaving many voters disenfranchised with the whole process. Add in corporations and rich donors running D.C. and a dis-functional Congressmen who only cares about their next election and it's no wonder voters don't care enough to vote.

Comment

Did not Trump use the fear of illegal immigration as a weapon during his campaign? Do you think he played on people's fears and emotions to get votes? Do you recall the terrible things he said as I do? How do you defend that from him and vilify the same from the Democrats? Is it because you support one side and not the other?

If Murphy shows me he believes in "open" borders, then he loses my vote. But I don't believe that. Frankly, I've not seen any numbers from any reliable source on either side of this argument about what is really happening inside these processes. Just a lot of claims about "80%" this or "90%" that. Just politics and vitriol.

The Republican party was intent in trying to capture a larger field of voters until trump came along. They have now mostly abandoned this quest , and are hoping to ride him out , as in many areas his support has grown.
                        The Republicans may have influences of the far right, but nowhere near the influences of the far left on the Democrats. Look up their speeches from 10 years ago. Hillary and Chuck were al for borders and were against illegal immigrants. You can't deny is It is true.

Secure borders are not far right. The need to keep our borders strong is a fundamental concept of our government. Without borders, we don't have a country.

You are caught up in Trumps' rhetoric. Regardless of his personality, he is doing what he said he would do when campaigning. It is pure nonsense to think Trump used fear regarding illegal immigrants when the fact of the matter is that they don't belong here , period. I know that it is terrible for progressives Dems to accept that, but just because you snuck in, or overstayed your Visa, it doesn't give you a right to cut the line in front of others talking the legal means necessary for citizenship.

Illegals are essentially thieves. They are stealing the benefits available to citizens , they most likely have to process stolen or forged documents, and our laws aren't written to address their torts, civil rights and affairs except in some specific circumstances. And this is what you don't understand about the left leaning Democrats. They are on a mission to normalize the existence of illegals in our society. They are on a mission for American citizens to accept them, accept the fact they are here illegally, and when needed, push the emotional merry go round to try and gain traction.

And this is exactly the case regarding the separated families. All of this, for 2000 children that now probably have running water and Air Conditioning for the first time in their lives. Oh yes, the cages, the Dems stress that. The same cages that Obama used. And if you can come up with a better way to control them with limited staff and facilities for non-citizens, bring them to your house.
                        Ask a Progressive Democrat if there are 2000 American children in this country that need help. Ask the Progressive Dems when they are going to show up and rally for them.

I don't defend Trump. I understand him. I understand Progressives. At the end of the day it is a matter of damage. Progressive Dems are capable of doing much more damage to the fabric of our society than Trump ever could. Obama started the ball rolling very well. We see what has been going on with the FBI, DOJ, the DNC , and all the sneaky things going on under the rug. Settlement money hijacked from Bank of America and sent to La Raza. Looting the Treasury for the Green Crowd cronies, who went belly up, the list goes on.

Comment

Trump throwing the GOP under the bus again - tells them to not bother solving immigration until after the November elections. Yet another failed push by Trump to try and get his agenda through. The only reason he got the tax bill through is most of Congress are money grubbing whores just like him and benefit from the changes along with their wealthy donors.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.fc78ec8fbefa

Comment

The Republican party was intent in trying to capture a larger field of voters until trump came along. They have now mostly abandoned this quest , and are hoping to ride him out , as in many areas his support has grown.
                            The Republicans may have influences of the far right, but nowhere near the influences of the far left on the Democrats. Look up their speeches from 10 years ago. Hillary and Chuck were al for borders and were against illegal immigrants. You can't deny is It is true.

Secure borders are not far right. The need to keep our borders strong is a fundamental concept of our government. Without borders, we don't have a country.

You are caught up in Trumps' rhetoric. Regardless of his personality, he is doing what he said he would do when campaigning. It is pure nonsense to think Trump used fear regarding illegal immigrants when the fact of the matter is that they don't belong here , period. I know that it is terrible for progressives Dems to accept that, but just because you snuck in, or overstayed your Visa, it doesn't give you a right to cut the line in front of others talking the legal means necessary for citizenship.

Illegals are essentially thieves. They are stealing the benefits available to citizens , they most likely have to process stolen or forged documents, and our laws aren't written to address their torts, civil rights and affairs except in some specific circumstances. And this is what you don't understand about the left leaning Democrats. They are on a mission to normalize the existence of illegals in our society. They are on a mission for American citizens to accept them, accept the fact they are here illegally, and when needed, push the emotional merry go round to try and gain traction.

And this is exactly the case regarding the separated families. All of this, for 2000 children that now probably have running water and Air Conditioning for the first time in their lives. Oh yes, the cages, the Dems stress that. The same cages that Obama used. And if you can come up with a better way to control them with limited staff and facilities for non-citizens, bring them to your house.
                            Ask a Progressive Democrat if there are 2000 American children in this country that need help. Ask the Progressive Dems when they are going to show up and rally for them.

I don't defend Trump. I understand him. I understand Progressives. At the end of the day it is a matter of damage. Progressive Dems are capable of doing much more damage to the fabric of our society than Trump ever could. Obama started the ball rolling very well. We see what has been going on with the FBI, DOJ, the DNC , and all the sneaky things going on under the rug. Settlement money hijacked from Bank of America and sent to La Raza. Looting the Treasury for the Green Crowd cronies, who went belly up, the list goes on.
                            - so if you were taken from your family at 5, 6, 10, 12 to a facility with a pool and gold plates you'd be fine?

- security is crucial. Balanced with rule of law. People asking for asylum at the border are not illegals!

- helping to correct the economic disparity in the southern americas would go a long way to slowing frantic asylum migration

- our economy includes immigrants, especially seasonal. The idea of physical borders in 2018 is just backtracking.

- and YES Security is Yuge. All facts point to low crime from immigrants.

- MS13 needs particular focus. A border wall will not have an effect on their progress.

Comment

- so if you were taken from your family at 5, 6, 10, 12 to a facility with a pool and gold plates you'd be fine?

- security is crucial. Balanced with rule of law. People asking for asylum at the border are not illegals!

- helping to correct the economic disparity in the southern americas would go a long way to slowing frantic asylum migration

- our economy includes immigrants, especially seasonal. The idea of physical borders in 2018 is just backtracking.

- and YES Security is Yuge. All facts point to low crime from immigrants.

- MS13 needs particular focus. A border wall will not have an effect on their progress.
                              -No that's silly

-Maybe, maybe not. But we have to find out, don't we?

-How is that our problem?

-Yes, but like every country, we have controls in place so we can properly allocate resources where, and to whom, they are needed.

-But, some crime nonetheless.

-What does that even mean? Are you advocating for everyone to come in, criminals or not?

Comment

Bull in a China Shop...

Trump throwing the GOP under the bus again - tells them to not bother solving immigration until after the November elections. Yet another failed push by Trump to try and get his agenda through. The only reason he got the tax bill through is most of Congress are money grubbing whores just like him and benefit from the changes along with their wealthy donors.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.fc78ec8fbefa
                                The phrase "Bull in a China Shop" would appear to be appropriate to describe recent actions.

A POTUS who is crude, reckless and lacks finesse.
                                A POTUS who is full of bull
                                A POTUS who is getting into a trade war with China (using such subtle methods)
                                A POTUS who wants to bully but does not quite make it (bull)

pity the phrase isn't " A bull putin a china shop" :)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X