Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They will just put her back in the roster when HS is over (which is what they should have done in the first place )
    You seem to know an awful lot. They wont. And its not what they should have done. waivers are not for flights of fancy. they are for special situations. Go read the rules. She doe not want to play GDA at NYCFC unless she gets special treatment. Thats cool, but where do the exceptions end? Its another example of a guy playing things by the rule book and getting abuse for it while other do whatever they want and slide under the radar. Other teams have abused the waver process and for what? If kids wanted HS, they could do it. So why exactly should they be given special treatment?

Comment

You seem to know an awful lot. They wont. And its not what they should have done. waivers are not for flights of fancy. they are for special situations. Go read the rules. She doe not want to play GDA at NYCFC unless she gets special treatment. Thats cool, but where do the exceptions end? Its another example of a guy playing things by the rule book and getting abuse for it while other do whatever they want and slide under the radar. Other teams have abused the waver process and for what? If kids wanted HS, they could do it. So why exactly should they be given special treatment?
      It'a a pay to play soccer league. It is not like it is this super exclusive rare existence with players banging at the doors to get in. They are trying to retain talented players who have other options.

Comment

It'a a pay to play soccer league. It is not like it is this super exclusive rare existence with players banging at the doors to get in. They are trying to retain talented players who have other options.
        Not they are not. Thats your problem. Its for the player that sees it as important to their development. The leagues i not about a Clubs desire to win it. Its why waivers should not be used as a marketing tool.

The very best players who are in the GDA have more options than anyone. The USSF wants them to choose the GDA so they can continue to invest. Its the Clubs , especially those in the ECNL core group, who seem to be using waivers extensively. Telling the USSF, we do not believe in forcing choice. Its ironic because they dont seem to be willing en masse to not offer the USSF product. Why not if they dont believe in it?

Comment

She is off the team and has been since the issue was discovered. Move on, nothing to see here.
          Wrong - she is back on in the spring - this stop pretending to know everything.

Comment

They also agreed to not remove her from roster. What a great win-win.

Comment

Not they are not. Thats your problem. Its for the player that sees it as important to their development. The leagues i not about a Clubs desire to win it. Its why waivers should not be used as a marketing tool.

The very best players who are in the GDA have more options than anyone. The USSF wants them to choose the GDA so they can continue to invest. Its the Clubs , especially those in the ECNL core group, who seem to be using waivers extensively. Telling the USSF, we do not believe in forcing choice. Its ironic because they dont seem to be willing en masse to not offer the USSF product. Why not if they dont believe in it?
              Just a point of clarification -- ECNL doesn't really need waivers as the league games for U15 and above starts in December post school-soccer. So it is essentially built-in to the league to avoid conflict.

Comment

Why should they? It's well know many BDA clubs don't follow the rules and are never punished for it. Then add loads of politics and favoritism. Lack of performance on the men's side is icing on the cake. If you're going go claim to be the best product you have to prove it, live it, breathe it. Ussf isn't doing that so don't expect clubs and participants to as well.

Comment

Just a point of clarification -- ECNL doesn't really need waivers as the league games for U15 and above starts in December post school-soccer. So it is essentially built-in to the league to avoid conflict.
                  That is the point . If you want to play HS, just play ECNL soccer.

Comment

They also agreed to not remove her from roster. What a great win-win.
                    I dont see the win-win ? please tell me where the player wins other than getting their own way. They could have done the same thing without all the bad feeling by just being honest upfront and playing ECNL.

Comment

Read the rules lol. Plenty of clubs violate the rules. Parents know some clubs are desperate and are taking advantage of it. If you're asking families to abide by the rules then clubs and USSF must lead by example.

Comment

I dont see the win-win ? please tell me where the player wins other than getting their own way. They could have done the same thing without all the bad feeling by just being honest upfront and playing ECNL.
                        If you thinks parents won't try and take advantage of an already semi corrupt system it''s time for you to wake up.

Comment

Read the rules lol. Plenty of clubs violate the rules. Parents know some clubs are desperate and are taking advantage of it. If you're asking families to abide by the rules then clubs and USSF must lead by example.
                          Think you miss the point. Im well aware that people break rules, but why would PDA be desperate? Desperate for what? Why would anyone want to return to a Club that seems unable to get players?

As far as the families go, I dont get your point. What advantage is a family getting by playing HS and GDA? The only advantage i can think of is if they think GDA>ECNL and most people dont believe that to be the case. Nothing is forcing anyone to break any rules if they want to play HS soccer.

Comment

I dont, but I do know she is not back on the GDA in the spring. There are no waivers at NYCFC as it should be. Kids who want to play HS are on the ECNL team

Comment

I dont, but I do know she is not back on the GDA in the spring. There are no waivers at NYCFC as it should be. Kids who want to play HS are on the ECNL team
                              Can any at LISC or Fury comment on the video analysis part of the GDA. How often dos this happen? Is this provided by the coach to the individual player or to the entire team?

Comment

LISC face off against Fury FC this Saturday. If Fury dominates, does this spell the beginning of the end for LISC?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X