Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did PCU 04B forfeit State Cup?

OYSA results website has been taken down, and WT website is now claiming that 04b Copa are champions. Anyone know what is up?

Why would PCU forfeit? They won the game. They won spring league. They won NW Champions league. They got 2nd in fall league. Westside lost. PCU is going to regionals in Seattle. Which westside parent crossed the field after the final in state cup and confronted their coach saying how the F did you lose this game? I'm going to rip your f'ing head off. Same person who is asking this question?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Why would PCU forfeit? They won the game. They won spring league. They won NW Champions league. They got 2nd in fall league. Westside lost. PCU is going to regionals in Seattle. Which westside parent crossed the field after the final in state cup and confronted their coach saying how the F did you lose this game? I'm going to rip your f'ing head off. Same person who is asking this question?
      http://www.westsidetimbers.org/home.php

Comment

West can post whatever they want to but the truth is that while up 2-0 10 minutes into the second half PCU scored 2 goals at 11 and 16 into the second and scored an incredible header in last minutes of the game to win the game.

Comment

That's what I'm asking. The final match was won by PCU 3-2. PCU was listed as the champion on the OYSA website for several weeks, and Westside's home page listed Copa as runners-up. But today (possibly earlier, I just noticed) the OYSA results page is down, and Westside's home page has been changed to list Copa as champions.

I am not involved with the 04 team (and I certainly have neither confronted or threatened any coaches), but something seems to be up. Wondering if anyone has the scoop, or is there an unfortunate coincidence (a possible error on WT's homepage, coupled with OYSA messing with the result page for the upcoming U19 tournament).

Does anyone know anything? It would be terrible for the PCU kids (and PCU is a club I like and respect) were their hard work to be undone.

Comment

That's what I'm asking. The final match was won by PCU 3-2. PCU was listed as the champion on the OYSA website for several weeks, and Westside's home page listed Copa as runners-up. But today (possibly earlier, I just noticed) the OYSA results page is down, and Westside's home page has been changed to list Copa as champions.

I am not involved with the 04 team (and I certainly have neither confronted or threatened any coaches), but something seems to be up. Wondering if anyone has the scoop, or is there an unfortunate coincidence (a possible error on WT's homepage, coupled with OYSA messing with the result page for the upcoming U19 tournament).

Does anyone know anything? It would be terrible for the PCU kids (and PCU is a club I like and respect) were their hard work to be undone.
            Are you sure Westside didn't have 03 results this way all along by accident? I'm a t WT parent too but not with that team. I just don't remember seeing anything. It would make sense if it were a site post error. More importantly, having the OYSA results offline is horrible, especially with college players already playing state cup games this weekend.

Comment

Found the OYSA results page (it's been de-linked from the home page but is still available), and it still lists PCU as the champs. It indicates the 04 boys results were updated yesterday, but I'm not aware of any changes.

http://oysa-2017oregonstatecup.sport...D8F8&show=boys

Comment

Are you sure Westside didn't have 03 results this way all along by accident? I'm a t WT parent too but not with that team. I just don't remember seeing anything. It would make sense if it were a site post error. More importantly, having the OYSA results offline is horrible, especially with college players already playing state cup games this weekend.
                WT home page has been changed, I'm pretty sure.

Comment

OYSA results website has been taken down, and WT website is now claiming that 04b Copa are champions. Anyone know what is up?
                  It doesn't matter. I saw the game and it was one of the worst games I've ever seen at this age. Goalkeepers must have punted the ball 35 times. No building out of the back. It was ugly football. But there are some good individuals. It's all mute point as the top league is the DA anyways.

Comment

It doesn't matter. I saw the game and it was one of the worst games I've ever seen at this age. Goalkeepers must have punted the ball 35 times. No building out of the back. It was ugly football. But there are some good individuals. It's all mute point as the top league is the DA anyways.
                    Why is it a moot point? DA is a different thing.

The PCU team entered a league, played the games, had a goal and achieved it. It matters to the kids. Thats why they were out there. Its not on you to tell them what their dream is. Don't belittle or demean their achievement.

Comment

The PCU team entered a league, played the games, had a goal and achieved it. It matters to the kids. Thats why they were out there. Its not on you to tell them what their dream is. Don't belittle or demean their achievement.
                      Agreed.
                      WT Mom

Comment

I agree with you. Wanting to be the best in 2nd Division is considered a goal.

Comment

Sure, why not? Not everyone wants soccer to be the only focus in their life. But when you join a team and do your best, you set goals for yourself and as a team.

Once again, why belittle others achievements?

Comment

While I expect that longer term, the DA will be a step up the pyramid from OYSA, I'm not sure that was entirely case during the DA's inaugural season. Many clubs (including PCU) didn't field DA teams, WT put their second team in DA and their first team in OYSA, and many parents took a wait-and-see attitude towards it, so condescending the OYSA 04s is probably not appropriate.

This season, I expect to see clearer separation between DA and OYSA. WT is now putting their first teams in DA in all age groups, and there were quite a few players from non-DA clubs trying out for DA teams, and leaving their old clubs if accepted.

But even so--such snootiness isn't called for. There are plenty of teams/leagues around that would smoke the local DA teams, and compared to whom the local DA teams are "rec". There's always someone better than you.

And with the Timbers running their DA teams, one can argue that the local club DAs aren't even the top of the pyramid locally.

Comment

acting like DA is exclusive or hard to make is laughable. and what will be funnier is a couple years from now when premier level players who stayed out of DA have developed beyond those in the unproven, vanilla, no-fun DA program.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X