Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soccer at the Greek church in Port Jeff

I was at a class the other day and a parent was talking up a program run over at the Greek church in Port Jefferson LI. He said they were run by a bunch of Euro trainers and it was really involved. Anyone know what program this might be? They rent the space at the Greek Church.

http://www.canterafutbolusa.com/training-programs.html

Comment

I've haven't seen a no tryout training program work attending since my son passed U9. Too wide of a skill level range to be helpful to a better player.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I've haven't seen a no tryout training program work attending since my son passed U9. Too wide of a skill level range to be helpful to a better player.
        Gee, maybe younger less skilled players would like to play soccer too? Not everyone needs, wants or can afford to train at a pricey club. If kids are playing, learning, developing a love of the game who cares? We need more easy, low cost programs to help develop a soccer culture in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Gee, maybe younger less skilled players would like to play soccer too? Not everyone needs, wants or can afford to train at a pricey club. If kids are playing, learning, developing a love of the game who cares? We need more easy, low cost programs to help develop a soccer culture in this country.
          Thanks for your response.

I, perhaps wrongfully, assumed that parents on a board like this are unlikely to have kids that have not displayed an aptitude for soccer. Very little of the content on this board applies to a typical town team player.

The comment was aimed at the parents of club level players, whom I believe make up the majority of the readers on this site.

That is why I qualified it by saying that my comment applied to the "better player."

But perhaps I also mistakenly assumed that you had a reading comprehension level beyond that of a grade schooler.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X