Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let me answer the question that pains you fools to admit. Jesuit is almost entirely ECNL players and the majority of them play for CU.
    Nobody is arguing that.

Comment

GDA is third or fourth best option in the state at most age levels. As long as the girls are having fun and making friends, that’s good for them.
      Thank you. Finally someone with some good perspective.

Comment

Given that the top girls' club in the state prohibits their players from playing HS, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that if the #2 club's roster is concentrated in one high school, that school would dominate prep soccer.
        LOL! That is a good one.

Comment

The rumor is true. The Timbers Alliance is going to condense.

US Soccer has been in talks with Vantucky about a full DA for both genders.

I heard that vantucky came to a verbal agreement last week with Sunlight Supply to fund their DA through 2022. The deal is around $1.1 mil per year! I guess manufacturing lights to grow weed is a big money making business. I wonder what parents think of having weed feed the coffers.
          Apparently the mine field of a parking lot will be getting done this coming spring too and the are breaking ground on their clubhouse in June.

Next up....a paved trail to the shooting range

Comment

I hope that rumor is true. Giving TA some real competition would benefit players and, ultimately, TA as well.

Comment

The rumor is true. The Timbers Alliance is going to condense.

US Soccer has been in talks with Vantucky about a full DA for both genders.

I heard that vantucky came to a verbal agreement last week with Sunlight Supply to fund their DA through 2022. The deal is around $1.1 mil per year! I guess manufacturing lights to grow weed is a big money making business. I wonder what parents think of having weed feed the coffers.
              Apparently the mine field of a parking lot will be getting done this coming spring too and the are breaking ground on their clubhouse in June.

Next up....a paved trail to the shooting range
              Try the outsourcing business... Sunlight Supply was bought by Scott's, and apparently fired most of their factory workers and is now importing grow lights from China.
              https://www.columbian.com/news/2018/...ale-to-scotts/

At any rate, there seem to be various versions of this rumor floating around (mainly around here). The "Timbers Alliance" is nine clubs across three states, only three of which (CFC, Westside, and WashT) currently have DA programs. Eastside withdrew from the DA, and the other five (Eugene, Bend, Rogue Valley, and the two Idaho clubs) are too remote to participate in the Oregon DA.

Three of the local DA teams are non-Alliance clubs.

And let's be honest--Vancouver is *not* the top source of local talent. TM on the 05TA is very good. SJ and SN on the 06TA are very good (although the former is originally from Bend IIRC, and moved to Vancouver for soccer purposes). A few other recent prospects have zip codes that start with 98 (Foster Langsdorf, Niko de Vera). But even if one assumes that a DA located at Harmony would be more attractive to players on the eastside in Oregon than training at Providence Park or in Beaverton... the Timbers would probably serve more of their current talent better if they were to open a second academy team in Salem. (A *lot* of the current TA kids are from the Willamette Valley--Canby or anything south). And the main hotbed of talented players remains Washington County, which is why King Street is a good location for a training facility.

Comment

Try the outsourcing business... Sunlight Supply was bought by Scott's, and apparently fired most of their factory workers and is now importing grow lights from China.
                https://www.columbian.com/news/2018/...ale-to-scotts/

At any rate, there seem to be various versions of this rumor floating around (mainly around here). The "Timbers Alliance" is nine clubs across three states, only three of which (CFC, Westside, and WashT) currently have DA programs. Eastside withdrew from the DA, and the other five (Eugene, Bend, Rogue Valley, and the two Idaho clubs) are too remote to participate in the Oregon DA.

Three of the local DA teams are non-Alliance clubs.

And let's be honest--Vancouver is *not* the top source of local talent. TM on the 05TA is very good. SJ and SN on the 06TA are very good (although the former is originally from Bend IIRC, and moved to Vancouver for soccer purposes). A few other recent prospects have zip codes that start with 98 (Foster Langsdorf, Niko de Vera). But even if one assumes that a DA located at Harmony would be more attractive to players on the eastside in Oregon than training at Providence Park or in Beaverton... the Timbers would probably serve more of their current talent better if they were to open a second academy team in Salem. (A *lot* of the current TA kids are from the Willamette Valley--Canby or anything south). And the main hotbed of talented players remains Washington County, which is why King Street is a good location for a training facility.
                NS, not SN.

Comment

rumor mill

you really think the Portland Timbers would allow another US Development academy in their own backyard ? They don't want the little DA's either

All the reasons why no DA
                  First and foremost they would have to compete for players. The Portland Timbers are
                  last in MLS for home grown players.
                  If they ever lost to the Wash Timbers, ugh. Like when Seattle loses to Crossfire

All the reasons why they don't want the little DA
                  First and foremost, lost revenue for the Timbers OYSA
                  Second see number 1

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X