Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RDS NY Red Bulls TRYOUT

Is it Pre-Academy team? Are they any good, what is people's experience?

If you want your kid to get good extra training RB RDS is very good for that. Just don't go in thinking it will lead to the academy teams. They find a few kids there but most times their DA players get recruited from other team. Look at it as supplemental training, nothing else. If it becomes something more that's great.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      If you want your kid to get good extra training RB RDS is very good for that. Just don't go in thinking it will lead to the academy teams. They find a few kids there but most times their DA players get recruited from other team. Look at it as supplemental training, nothing else. If it becomes something more that's great.
      I believe he is asking RDS Pre-Academy team (2009-2010) not , RDS program.
      I heard RDS Pre-Academy team is good, but very high cost. 4000/per year

Comment

Yes pre-academy 2009 U11 teams they have a tryouts March 31 and April 7 in Freeport.

Comment

My daughter was invited to the tryout for the 07 RDS teams but not sure because there doesn't seem to be a plan in place for where these teams will play in the future.

Not sure it is worth leaving a current NPL or EDP level team to go to another EDP club that has no pathway set up.

Comment

My daughter was invited to the tryout for the 07 RDS teams but not sure because there doesn't seem to be a plan in place for where these teams will play in the future.

Not sure it is worth leaving a current NPL or EDP level team to go to another EDP club that has no pathway set up.
            lol. The future does not exist in girls soccer. Seriously, every year it seem like every thing changes. Age changes, league changes, clubs coming and going.

I would try to take things a year at a time. It is not remotely possible to predict the future
            "plan" in kid soccer.

Comment

lol. The future does not exist in girls soccer. Seriously, every year it seem like every thing changes. Age changes, league changes, clubs coming and going.

I would try to take things a year at a time. It is not remotely possible to predict the future
              "plan" in kid soccer.
              Yea I am starting to see that!. The problem is that kids form bonds and while i get there's always some upheaval, its hard to think jumping to teams would make much sense since this is an organization that really doesn't care about girls. Only NYCFC somehow comes off as caring less.

Comment

Don’t waste your money. It’s just something to support their youth academy. They hardly ever take players from their programs for their DA youth teams

Comment

Don’t waste your money. It’s just something to support their youth academy. They hardly ever take players from their programs for their DA youth teams
                  Last year they took 15 kids from RDS to Academy

Comment

Yea I am starting to see that!. The problem is that kids form bonds and while i get there's always some upheaval, its hard to think jumping to teams would make much sense since this is an organization that really doesn't care about girls. Only NYCFC somehow comes off as caring less.
                    No argument there. The treatment of girls will ALWAYS be inferior to that of the boys at an MLS club. That said - it may be better then what they would get an different club and she would likely get quality training form the Redbulls. but it is a tough message for girls that the best will always go to the boys. Definitely a lesson unfairness of life. Good luck whatever you choose.

Comment

NYCFC just made the exit move out of GDA. No way Red Bull’s is going to try now The boys MLS teams will be leaving the DA next year. That’s when the ***** is really going to hit the fan

Comment

Last year they took 15 kids from RDS to Academy
                        Across 6 teams. Like someone said, 1-2 every so often. It is not a pathway. The rest of the rosters come from clubs from all over.

Comment

Across 6 teams. Like someone said, 1-2 every so often. It is not a pathway. The rest of the rosters come from clubs from all over.
                          Across 3 teams! NJ south NJ north and NY

Comment

NYCFC just made the exit move out of GDA. No way Red Bull’s is going to try now The boys MLS teams will be leaving the DA next year. That’s when the ***** is really going to hit the fan
                            For sure, no way RB do GDA. They were smart to take a wait and see approach, as did almost every other MLS club. Unless they have a female affiliate team it makes no sense for MLS clubs to be in GDA, other than to use the profits to supplement their BDA teams. NYCFC wasn't free. Having girls teams that play in whatever league is also just another way to beef up profits, maybe get a few female fans, but it will never be a serious focus for them

Comment

For sure, no way RB do GDA. They were smart to take a wait and see approach, as did almost every other MLS club. Unless they have a female affiliate team it makes no sense for MLS clubs to be in GDA, other than to use the profits to supplement their BDA teams. NYCFC wasn't free. Having girls teams that play in whatever league is also just another way to beef up profits, maybe get a few female fans, but it will never be a serious focus for them
                              Why just female fans? We cant teach our sons to support a club that is supportive of the women's game?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X