Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does she and her university field help with the GDA application?
    A brand new club with no fields is far far far away from GDA.

Comment

A brand new club with no fields is far far far away from GDA.
      You dont have to have your own fields but a very stable field situation. More importantly you need teams and coaches and records. Despite thier success out west I can't see surf getting GDA right away, unless no other clubs apply and USSF is desperate to fill slots

Comment

You dont have to have your own fields but a very stable field situation. More importantly you need teams and coaches and records. Despite thier success out west I can't see surf getting GDA right away, unless no other clubs apply and USSF is desperate to fill slots
        This is in no way anything bad against NY Surf but more of something to really this about. Surf will not get GDA and I say that because the GDA will first try to get all the TOP CLUBS that they deem elite or have "ELITE" players. I say this because the fact of the matter is just look at the Boys DA its really watered down in a sense where there are too many teams that aren't the quality that the USDA is happy with. With the GDA will try to correct that error and not allow every club on the block in. NY Surf is a new club lets face it and new to the fact that they don't even have things set up so not "HOW" but "WHY" would the GDA give the status to a club with nothing in place. I get it they have San Diego Surf but this club will be a SEPERATE ENTITY from San Diego. Its just like the ECNL one club can not have two teams at the same age group in the league. What I think is NY Surf would like to have all those league options because lets face it its business just like any other club. They have every right to from teams or a club where they see fit but certainly all this talk about them getting ECNL and GDA is just nonsense really.

Eric Harris

Comment

This is in no way anything bad against NY Surf but more of something to really this about. Surf will not get GDA and I say that because the GDA will first try to get all the TOP CLUBS that they deem elite or have "ELITE" players. I say this because the fact of the matter is just look at the Boys DA its really watered down in a sense where there are too many teams that aren't the quality that the USDA is happy with. With the GDA will try to correct that error and not allow every club on the block in. NY Surf is a new club lets face it and new to the fact that they don't even have things set up so not "HOW" but "WHY" would the GDA give the status to a club with nothing in place. I get it they have San Diego Surf but this club will be a SEPERATE ENTITY from San Diego. Its just like the ECNL one club can not have two teams at the same age group in the league. What I think is NY Surf would like to have all those league options because lets face it its business just like any other club. They have every right to from teams or a club where they see fit but certainly all this talk about them getting ECNL and GDA is just nonsense really.

Eric Harris
          This is pretty obvious. They have a few years and will NEED to do a lot of great things in that time. A lot of established competition they will be going against too. Certainly won't be easy. And how exactly does Westchester tie in with Suffolk? Will they have a LI Surf too? If they do have ECNL or GDAP one day kids won't be driving from Suffolk to Westchester. Just won't happen.

Comment

She's not the DOC, dude. She's just coaching a single girl's team.

What's funny is that her resume shows that she's involved in ODP and yet that's what LM slams all the time.

Comment

A GDA will only work if the academy has quality coaches. Getting a GDA but having the same coaches really means IMHO money maker and that's it.

Has any description of the GDA curriculum been announced?

Comment

A GDA will only work if the academy has quality coaches. Getting a GDA but having the same coaches really means IMHO money maker and that's it.

Has any description of the GDA curriculum been announced?
                At this stage I think people are more curious about what clubs are involved rather than coaches. As for curriculum they can just borrow from the boys side - after all it has worked so well ;)

Comment

I'm confused. If there is Surf in Westchester and Suffolk, where are the Brooklyn/Queens girls going? Suffolk?

Comment

I'm confused. If there is Surf in Westchester and Suffolk, where are the Brooklyn/Queens girls going? Suffolk?
                    Ask Larry on BOTN - he seems to know EVERYTHING and yet NOTHING all at the same time

Comment

It depends on the age, as there are only certain age teams in each location. Some NYC/LI kids are planning to commute to Westchester multiple times a week for practices and games. It seems like a tiring plan to do, but if it's your best option, I guess you make sacrifices.

Comment

It depends on the age, as there are only certain age teams in each location. Some NYC/LI kids are planning to commute to Westchester multiple times a week for practices and games. It seems like a tiring plan to do, but if it's your best option, I guess you make sacrifices.
                        If that's their best option, that is awful and won't last. Only B and C level players are going there. And if, and a big IF at this point, Surf does turn out to have success, those B and C level players will be replaced with A level players. Just a fact.

Comment

If that's their best option, that is awful and won't last. Only B and C level players are going there. And if, and a big IF at this point, Surf does turn out to have success, those B and C level players will be replaced with A level players. Just a fact.
                          that is exactly right. Assuming Surf builds to what they want it to be this, many of this year's players will be out next year as the better players migrate in. Those players are waiting to see if Surf lives up to the BOTN hype. Plus there will be other changes with GDA, boys ECNL etc. next year - if you thought the birth year change brought a lot of turmoil, there's more to come. A player with a good spot now is better off staying put until some of these things get resolved in the next several months.

Comment

Yes, but it's the parents that are driving these kids to switch teams all in search of God knows what. We had a boy leave our team - a strong division 2 team. Kid was skilled but a total air head. Daddy was upset that the coach would not get angry enough with the team and in particular his son when games were lost. He should have spanked his son himself or taken him to a hypnotist so that he would remember his position on the field but instead he wanted the coach to be an a-hole to the entire team ... all because he couldn't discipline his kid himself.

Anyways - that guy is gone. Hopefully, they don't come back in a year after they see the $2.5k they've spend didn't help.

Comment

Yes, but it's the parents that are driving these kids to switch teams all in search of God knows what. We had a boy leave our team - a strong division 2 team. Kid was skilled but a total air head. Daddy was upset that the coach would not get angry enough with the team and in particular his son when games were lost. He should have spanked his son himself or taken him to a hypnotist so that he would remember his position on the field but instead he wanted the coach to be an a-hole to the entire team ... all because he couldn't discipline his kid himself.

Anyways - that guy is gone. Hopefully, they don't come back in a year after they see the $2.5k they've spend didn't help.
                              Now tryouts in Nassau with no coaches or fields there either. What the hell are they doing and who would go there? What a clusterf$&!

Comment

Every day it just looks more and more like a money grab.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X