Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I hope this was sarcasm. Fitness is not a skill.
    Dear moron,
    What do you think PHY stands for?
    Sincerely,
    Barron Trump

http://the18.com/sites/default/files...-top-three.jpg

Comment

I would take a player that is strong, fast, and skilled over one who is weak, slow, and skilled any day of the week.
      Wow astounding argument, and I'd take a player that is weak, fast, and skilled over a player that is weak, slow and skilled.

Comment

Originally posted by BarronTrump View Post
        Dear moron,
        What do you think PHY stands for?
        Sincerely,
        Barron Trump

http://the18.com/sites/default/files...-top-three.jpg
        I think everyone agrees that these are top players in the world. This further supports the article as well. All three players received high scores for Pace, Shooting, Passing, and Dribbling. Defense for all three players were a low score. Physical state was also a low score for two players.

You can't teach someone to run fast. These three players were always fast. With this being said what should we be focusing on?

Comment

I think everyone agrees that these are top players in the world. This further supports the article as well. All three players received high scores for Pace, Shooting, Passing, and Dribbling. Defense for all three players were a low score. Physical state was also a low score for two players.

You can't teach someone to run fast. These three players were always fast. With this being said what should we be focusing on?
          this is just one type of rare gem type player. all 3 are so talented you cannot "produce" players like this, you need to pray for them. more to the point is where is our modric or cannavaro or kroos or , etc. players that are the meat and potatoes of most good national teams. why are we not producing this type of player that does not require a once in a lifetime stroke of good luck? the players you mentioned are not normal.

Comment

Wow astounding argument, and I'd take a player that is weak, fast, and skilled over a player that is weak, slow and skilled.
            Agreed. Strong, fast, and skilled over strong, slow and skilled too?

Comment

this is just one type of rare gem type player. all 3 are so talented you cannot "produce" players like this, you need to pray for them. more to the point is where is our modric or cannavaro or kroos or , etc. players that are the meat and potatoes of most good national teams. why are we not producing this type of player that does not require a once in a lifetime stroke of good luck? the players you mentioned are not normal.
              my point is:

we should focus on teaching skills that will help produce players to their full potential. Spending soccer practice time on fitness without a ball is not the secret formula for success.

Comment

my point is:

we should focus on teaching skills that will help produce players to their full potential. Spending soccer practice time on fitness without a ball is not the secret formula for success.
                Agree. Clubs should add this goal and have objectives to meet the goal. Put this on their website in their statement of what sets them apart with their soccer curriculum. Every time I watch high school soccer with all club players I have to cringe. Very few have a good touch, or who can make an accurate pass, and on and on.

Comment

It could be the young freshmen put up against bigger and stronger seniors. The ECNL and DA players with less skill get exposed in high school too. They can't survive in a weak system.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X