Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Because people generally want everyone else to feel like they do. And when it comes to club soccer and TS, loyalty comes before common sense. It’s funny because people on TS will defend their club to the death against any criticism, even warranted ones, but they will be the first ones to bitch and moan on the sidelines about the stuff going on in their own club. No one has any credibility here.
    So many generalizations... no facts. If you don't like the club your kid is playing for--leave. It's that simple. Really, it is. In my experience, there are generally 1 or 2 parents per team who are over-involved and complain on the sidelines. These people will never be happy with any club/coach/team placement--regardless of the club.

Comment

So many generalizations... no facts. If you don't like the club your kid is playing for--leave. It's that simple. Really, it is. In my experience, there are generally 1 or 2 parents per team who are over-involved and complain on the sidelines. These people will never be happy with any club/coach/team placement--regardless of the club.
      Facts on TS are impossible to garner. Even within the Stars organization, I'm hearing 3 different sets of "facts".

Comment

Your kid doesn't play for the club. Your kid is at a club where they are floundering. Get a pair and tryout for FC Stars you wuss bag.
        Ummmm... actually, she does. And she's quite happy. Thanks for your concern. (try to follow along a little better)

Comment

I was at the meeting. No one leaving that meeting could be under the impression that they would be two equal teams. They are competing in the same league, and there will be opportunities to move between the two. But there was never, ever a representation of two equal teams. There was the hope to have two strong teams, and in some age groups there are. Period.
          Yep. That’s what I heard. It was very clear. The word used was competitive. Both teams would be competitive

Comment

Ummmm... actually, she does. And she's quite happy. Thanks for your concern. (try to follow along a little better)

My only wish is that one of you mention this back and forth on the sideline, and it works out that your children are on the same team... maybe even great friends. I suspect most sidelines are like mine where every once in a while, a regurgitated comment/topic from here gets brought up in conversation and everyone else pretends to not know anything about it and hide their helicopter parent license. "I heard..." You mean I read on TS like the rest of us...

Comment

Yep. That’s what I heard. It was very clear. The word used was competitive. Both teams would be competitive
              +1. No way anyone that ATTENDED the meeting in April heard anything other than this.
              JD flat out said:
              "Two teams sharing same competitive platform. Stars has the depth of talent to do this. Both will be good, but they will not be equal. East is designed to be stronger, but it's soccer. I expect these team to be very competitive with each other."

It's possible that your mom friend is also correct that the two teams ended up equal. At the younger age groups this should be expected. Heck even with the older age groups, the rosters make it clear where east-west fall, but on any given Sunday, in fact this past Sunday, these teams were indeed very competitive.

Comment

This is one of the nuttiest threads on TS. There are only a few girls ECNL teams in MA. Stars have what most people would agree are two very good teams. This one poster (if he really exists and isn't a troll) has a daughter who is lucky enough to be on one of these teams is upset because he doesn't believe the two teams are equally skilled and feels strongly he has been deceived that they are. Then we have more than a dozen pages of posts going back and forth trying to get the facts and debate semantics, but this parent remains unconvinced.

At the end of the day who cares? I'm not hearing multiple parents come forward to agree that they were deceived and are dissatisfied. The entire team isn't quitting over this perceived inequity. Nothing said by other posters is changing this parent's mind. Stars isn't going to give an official answer on TS. This issue is between the parent and Stars and so far he doesn't seem to have the guts to just leave the club. This is just pointless.

BTW not a Stars parent but can't believe how long this whining post has gone on.

Comment

This is one of the nuttiest threads on TS. There are only a few girls ECNL teams in MA. Stars have what most people would agree are two very good teams. This one poster (if he really exists and isn't a troll) has a daughter who is lucky enough to be on one of these teams is upset because he doesn't believe the two teams are equally skilled and feels strongly he has been deceived that they are. Then we have more than a dozen pages of posts going back and forth trying to get the facts and debate semantics, but this parent remains unconvinced.

At the end of the day who cares? I'm not hearing multiple parents come forward to agree that they were deceived and are dissatisfied. The entire team isn't quitting over this perceived inequity. Nothing said by other posters is changing this parent's mind. Stars isn't going to give an official answer on TS. This issue is between the parent and Stars and so far he doesn't seem to have the guts to just leave the club. This is just pointless.

BTW not a Stars parent but can't believe how long this whining post has gone on.
                  OP is a troll.

Comment

OP is a troll.
                    Yup.
                    "parent" works for pissant club trying to froth up Stars

Comment

First class price for coach seat.

Comment

win win for stars no matter.

Comment

First class price for coach seat.
                          Been a while since you bagged that 440 on your SAT.
                          Now you know why analogies are important.

Comment

win win for stars no matter.
                            Why did they drop DA.....what's the real answer.

Comment

Why did they drop DA.....what's the real answer.
                              Having financial interest in ECNL, it makes no sense to be a part of a competing league as it hurts their bottom line.

Also, there is a lot of oversight, paperwork, reporting that is cumbersome. It quickly became a bother and from my impression, they never followed through with it.

In the end, cost/benefit for them wasn't there.

Comment

https://www.nesoccerjournal.com/fc-s...nd-west-teams/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X