X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So in other words Surf is focusing on its stronghold
    They have over a dozen affiliates throughout the country now. It’s got a name, so to start in a new area with an investor can help gain kids, usually young kids, to start. None of the affiliates are in any great leagues or have a great program. Some are solid programs and some are not anything to speak of.

Comment

They have over a dozen affiliates throughout the country now. It’s got a name, so to start in a new area with an investor can help gain kids, usually young kids, to start. None of the affiliates are in any great leagues or have a great program. Some are solid programs and some are not anything to speak of.
      ^^^^
      This.

Surf is a franchise/affiliate model that is spreading around the country. Contrary to what Larry says the NY Surf affiliate is nothing special or unique.

Comment

^^^^
        This.

Surf is a franchise/affiliate model that is spreading around the country. Contrary to what Larry says the NY Surf affiliate is nothing special or unique.
        As proven by their performance in this area. JAC- Just Another Club

Comment

As proven by their performance in this area. JAC- Just Another Club
          Yawn and who cares...same can be said for all of the clubs in this area except NYCFC

Comment

Yawn and who cares...same can be said for all of the clubs in this area except NYCFC
            Much better clubs in this region bedsides Surf. They are mediocre at best. Surf will forever be tainted by Larry Miller

Comment

Much better clubs in this region bedsides Surf. They are mediocre at best. Surf will forever be tainted by Larry Miller
              Who is this Larry Miller guy and how does he taint so many things? See his name pop up a lot, never any good.

Comment

Who is this Larry Miller guy and how does he taint so many things? See his name pop up a lot, never any good.
                He runs a couple of sports related forums, obviously one related to soccer. He got a big head start in the early days of the internet and has used a combination of threats and legal actions to maintain his dominance in the NY market. Basically, if anyone dares use an alternate site they not only get banned from his but he then makes it his life mission to trash you, your team, your club, etc in perpetuity and isn't afraid to use FOIL requests and other legal maneuvers to dig up dirt and in general make your life miserable.

Comment

He runs a couple of sports related forums, obviously one related to soccer. He got a big head start in the early days of the internet and has used a combination of threats and legal actions to maintain his dominance in the NY market. Basically, if anyone dares use an alternate site they not only get banned from his but he then makes it his life mission to trash you, your team, your club, etc in perpetuity and isn't afraid to use FOIL requests and other legal maneuvers to dig up dirt and in general make your life miserable.

Wow that is crazy,, as if the parents weren't bad enough... I wish I had all that time on my hands .... I guess he has no life...

Comment

Wow that is crazy,, as if the parents weren't bad enough... I wish I had all that time on my hands .... I guess he has no life...
                    He has a life and he has a business - his websites.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Larry!

Comment

It's been awhile since I've been here (kid dropped soccer for this year).

So what happened to NY Surf Club? I doesn't look like they got a GDA .... or an ECNL slot. I also see from their website that the players who have committed somewhere are not going to the any of the club's college coach's schools. I'm surprised. Usually one of the reasons a college coach does club is to create a pipeline for their school.

I'm assuming BOTN still sucks too. :)

Comment

So what happened to NY Surf Club? I doesn't look like they got a GDA .... or an ECNL slot. I also see from their website that the players who have committed somewhere are not going to the any of the club's college coach's schools. I'm surprised. Usually one of the reasons a college coach does club is to create a pipeline for their school.

NY Surf is basically just another small club in Westchester and on Long Island it's pretty much just a girls club.

Comment

Yes it does.

Comment

Surf 01 parent here...3 01 girls got picked up by current coaches - one to Adelphi to play for Brooke and the twins went to Stony Brook to play D1 for Brendan. Seven on our 01 team have committed in total.

Comment

Surf 01 parent here...3 01 girls got picked up by current coaches - one to Adelphi to play for Brooke and the twins went to Stony Brook to play D1 for Brendan. Seven on our 01 team have committed in total.
                                Uh, aren't 01's juniors and sophomores?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X