Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I believe the goal is 50% playing time, not equal playing time. That was our experience with the '04 group last year. At this level, that's appropriate. The kids who put the most time in on their own outside of DA training typically earned a little more playing time, but everybody got at least 50%.
    Goals vary by age - as you get older you're guaranteed a minimum number of starts but a coach can pull you right away if they want (happens). From league operations

0.Minimum Start Requirement: All U-13 through U-17/18 full-time Academy players, including goalkeepers, are required to start in at least 25% of their club’s Academy games during the season. The Academy Staff will review the percentage of player starts for each team throughout the Academy Season. The official record of player starts will be the game and player statistics available publicly online. If a player is released by the club, the club must submit a written explanation if that player failed to start 25% of the Academy games for the season. The Academy Staff reserves the right to refuse to release the player if the release is to avoid the 25% rule. If a player is added midseason, the player must start at least 25% of the team’s remaining Academy games during the season. The Academy Staff will have the authority, upon request by the club, to allow exceptions to this rule in special circumstances (e.g. a serious injury suffered by a player). The Academy club is responsible for keeping track of starts by Academy players and must notify the Academy Staff about potential exceptions as soon as possible.

The U-12 age group is not subject to the 25% minimum start requirement.a.Suggested Playing Time Recommendations for U-12 and U-13: At the U-12 age group, coaches are expected to play each player 50% of the minutes for every game. For the U-13 age group, players are expected to play a minimum of 50% of game minutes per month, as part of the individual player development plan

https://ussoccer.app.box.com/s/ddh3x...c3dep1i97t0q5h

Comment

Goals vary by age - as you get older you're guaranteed a minimum number of starts but a coach can pull you right away if they want (happens). From league operations

0.Minimum Start Requirement: All U-13 through U-17/18 full-time Academy players, including goalkeepers, are required to start in at least 25% of their club’s Academy games during the season. The Academy Staff will review the percentage of player starts for each team throughout the Academy Season. The official record of player starts will be the game and player statistics available publicly online. If a player is released by the club, the club must submit a written explanation if that player failed to start 25% of the Academy games for the season. The Academy Staff reserves the right to refuse to release the player if the release is to avoid the 25% rule. If a player is added midseason, the player must start at least 25% of the team’s remaining Academy games during the season. The Academy Staff will have the authority, upon request by the club, to allow exceptions to this rule in special circumstances (e.g. a serious injury suffered by a player). The Academy club is responsible for keeping track of starts by Academy players and must notify the Academy Staff about potential exceptions as soon as possible.

The U-12 age group is not subject to the 25% minimum start requirement.a.Suggested Playing Time Recommendations for U-12 and U-13: At the U-12 age group, coaches are expected to play each player 50% of the minutes for every game. For the U-13 age group, players are expected to play a minimum of 50% of game minutes per month, as part of the individual player development plan

https://ussoccer.app.box.com/s/ddh3x...c3dep1i97t0q5h
      I don't think all of the little DA follow those guidelines. A guaranteed 50% play time is a great deal for the weaker players.

Comment

I don't think all of the little DA follow those guidelines. A guaranteed 50% play time is a great deal for the weaker players.
        Some don't follow the minimum start times either
        Or they'll start weak kids in the easier games and yank them quickly. DA is good for the top 14 players; after that it's downhill. I don't care how good the training is you still need to play.

Comment

I believe the goal is 50% playing time, not equal playing time. That was our experience with the '04 group last year. At this level, that's appropriate. The kids who put the most time in on their own outside of DA training typically earned a little more playing time, but everybody got at least 50%.
          What club did this?

Comment

What club did this?
            In my experience watching almost all of our DA games, no club gave 50% playing time to all of its players...including our club. Most clubs typically had 4 on the pine, and I feel pretty safe in saying that not all four of those players got half a game.

That said, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Certain players may have missed practice or some other issue for not meriting minutes. Some had knocks or injuries. Some were playing on a yellow. Add to that, this is competitive soccer, maybe it serves as a bit of motivation to earn your minutes....

That's my opinion. Others will have a different point of view. That's fine. I just know what worked when I was coming up.

Comment

A guarantee of 50% pt is a great deal for the weak links. Not so great for the better players who are riding pine to let little Johnny get his 50%.

Comment

In my experience watching almost all of our DA games, no club gave 50% playing time to all of its players...including our club. Most clubs typically had 4 on the pine, and I feel pretty safe in saying that not all four of those players got half a game.

That said, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Certain players may have missed practice or some other issue for not meriting minutes. Some had knocks or injuries. Some were playing on a yellow. Add to that, this is competitive soccer, maybe it serves as a bit of motivation to earn your minutes....

That's my opinion. Others will have a different point of view. That's fine. I just know what worked when I was coming up.
                Don't forget that most teams are typically larger than the 18 allowed for game day. So most likely you've got another 3-5 players that don't even get dressed for a game. In the older years it's even less likely the 4-5 bench warmers get anything because of more limited sub rules.

Comment

A guarantee of 50% pt is a great deal for the weak links. Not so great for the better players who are riding pine to let little Johnny get his 50%.
                  That 50% is only for the U12 and U13s. Older teams only have minimum start requirements (so a you might start then get pulled fast). Also, note the careful wording for U12 and U13 - U12 is 50% per GAME, U13 is 50% per MONTH. It also says "expected" not "required" like the start time is. Clubs are required to track starts, they are not required to track PT and later on it is described as a recommendation. Funny when lawyers get involved.

Rule book:
                  "The U-12 age group is not subject to the 25% minimum start requirement.a.Suggested Playing Time Recommendations for U-12 and U-13: At the U-12 age group, coaches are expected to play each player 50% of the minutes for every game. For the U-13 age group, players are expected to play a minimum of 50% of game minutes per month."

This was also interesting and is something bench riding parents may want to track. Some clubs have the reputation of not following start requirements but they probably come up with excuses to give DA. If your kid is getting screwed you should nail them for it - chances are they're getting cut anyway so you might as well get your money back if you're paying for it.

"Should an Academy player not meet the minimum start requirement (not inclusive of the suggested playing time recommendations at U-12 and U-13(, the player may be entitled to a refund of all team fees excluding travel expenses from the Academy Club unless such refund is excused by Academy Staff for medical or disciplinary reasons. U.S. Soccer has the ability to apply a financial fine to the club or disallow the addition of new players. This may impact the end-of-year evaluation in the player development category should a club consistently be unable to fulfill the startrequirement."

Comment

There are many opportunities to play games.
                    My DD played a ton of games throughout the week during their four day weekly practices.
                    Our DA goes to Ajax and Barcelona to train for two weeks also. What better deal for around $1000/year. I think the DA is a great thing

Comment

There are many opportunities to play games.
                      My DD played a ton of games throughout the week during their four day weekly practices.
                      Our DA goes to Ajax and Barcelona to train for two weeks also. What better deal for around $1000/year. I think the DA is a great thing
                      Two weeks in Ajax and Barcelona plus annual fees is only $1k? What club is subsidizing two weeks of training in Spain for its DA?

Comment

What are the roster sizes on the TA academy 04 & 05 teams?

Comment

What are the roster sizes on the TA academy 04 & 05 teams?
                          You can roster 18
                          It appears most clubs rostered either 16 or 17

Comment

Two weeks in Ajax and Barcelona plus annual fees is only $1k? What club is subsidizing two weeks of training in Spain for its DA?
                            W T F C
                            They have a yearly sponsor for their DA that covers all expenses over the $1k initial fee

Comment

W T F C
                              They have a yearly sponsor for their DA that covers all expenses over the $1k initial fee
                              Including airfare and all other travel expenses?

Comment

Statement from the RTC/ODP Leadership on the DA

Players with Club DA Teams (U12-U14) and Trying out for RTC/ODP

If you are a member of a DA team with your club, US Soccer has recommended you do not take part in any outside soccer like RTC and ODP. I know a lot of families have asked me about this and the Club DA program was brand new last year and created some confusion with ODP and DA events. Moving forward, DA players should stay with their DA teams and do not need to tryout with RTC or ODP. Now, if you were to be released from your DA or you decided to not take part with your DA team any longer, you would then be eligible for RTC and ODP and you would need to contact me about this. But the Timbers support the DA program for clubs and players in these programs and should not compete in any outside soccer from your DA teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X