Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    a huh, just a couple of rogue FC and CU players looking for a year of discount as well as some slower bench riders? I predict 1 more win for the younger DA age group O5/O6?

Two starters left DA for FCP not the other way around!

Our DA lost 40% of the 2003 group from last year. A master disasta. Best player skipped town after 8 games of misery! Another age group had a midfielder converted to keeper for the whole year of MISERY, HARDSHIP, BRUTALITY, DISTRESS and PUMMELING. Not fair and we will be jetting after another year of relative savings before HS. Just stayin' the course for now cause ECNL has its own issues!
    That's why your coach kept begging people to stay. Face it. Ecnl is a joke

Comment

That's why your coach kept begging people to stay. Face it. Ecnl is a joke
      Both are a joke. GPS.

Comment

Both are a joke. GPS.
        GPS are not a joke! Look at our State Cups vicotry and you can tell what program is on the move around here. The coaching is good and the kids are not braggers but solid citizens of the area. They are loyal to each other and stick it through thick and thin.

Comment

GPS is Legite

You can't argue with success. The 03 girls are going to nationals even before regionals takes place.

One tell tell sign that your program is moving in the right direction is the amount of crap it gets on this message board. Other then enrollment in your club that only happens once a year talking-soccer is the greatest indicator on how your club is trending.

I can't stand GPS personally, because they are kicking my.....

Comment

You can't argue with success. The 03 girls are going to nationals even before regionals takes place.

One tell tell sign that your program is moving in the right direction is the amount of crap it gets on this message board. Other then enrollment in your club that only happens once a year talking-soccer is the greatest indicator on how your club is trending.

I've seen them play. They would lose to CU '03s fairly easily. They have good players, really good players in fact, just not enough of them anymore. That's the issue with most OYSA teams. Good luck to them going forward, though.

Comment

I've seen them play. They would lose to CU '03s fairly easily. They have good players, really good players in fact, just not enough of them anymore. That's the issue with most OYSA teams. Good luck to them going forward, though.
              No shame in losing to a CU team. This CU club is legit. Possession with purpose and CU teams believe they are going to win every time they take the pitch.

Comment

Come on now. Fairly easily? I promise not to play the so-and-so team beat this other team game therefore this team would win. However, there is no reason to think that CU has any more of a chance to win easily than last year's National Champion, which did beat GPS 1-0. Or last year's Surf Cup Champion, which lost to GPS 1-0 at National League. There is also no reason to think that GPS is any weaker than they were a year or two ago either. They lost a couple girls to CU, but added a couple from a team that beat CU February 11th this year and a couple others from very strong teams around WA and OR. They also have girls returning soon from injury that missed serious playing time. I am curious, did you see them play in a very meaningful game like National League, or was it an OYSA or State Cup game that was less meaningful. This is one of the major problems with development in OR. Coaches and directors are so worried about image that they put off development, regardless of the matchup or importance. They are more concerned with short-term image, recruiting fodder, or what will be posted on TS. Thanks for wishing them luck.

Comment

USYS Nationals is third or fourth tier these days. ECNL #1, GDA (in some areas) #2, USYS and USCS Nationals tied for 3rd/4th depending on the region. USYS Nationals are about the level that President's Cup used to be.

Comment

No shame in losing to a CU team. This CU club is legit. Possession with purpose and CU teams believe they are going to win every time they take the pitch.
                    And then the match starts.

Comment

I meant direct with purpose.

Comment

USYS Nationals is third or fourth tier these days. ECNL #1, GDA (in some areas) #2, USYS and USCS Nationals tied for 3rd/4th depending on the region. USYS Nationals are about the level that President's Cup used to be.
                        So why do so many college coaches show up to the qualifier for this "3rd or 4th tier" tournament?

http://events.gotsport.com/events/co...?EventID=59677

By the way, before you speak unjustified nonsense, please go look at the list of teams competing. I am confident you won't. You are simply trying to bolster your own recruiting efforts with the unsuspecting or uneducated parents reading your comments on this site. Those who know are unaffected by your hate, other than those like myself trying to set the record straight. PacNW is the other representative from the region. I believe they are calling themselves an ECNL club now. Michigan Jaguars are calling themselves a DA team this year. Las Vegas does not choose to call themselves either. Can you please tell me again how you define a good team by the initials it chooses? This is a silly argument.

Comment

So why do so many college coaches show up to the qualifier for this "3rd or 4th tier" tournament?

http://events.gotsport.com/events/co...?EventID=59677

By the way, before you speak unjustified nonsense, please go look at the list of teams competing. I am confident you won't. You are simply trying to bolster your own recruiting efforts with the unsuspecting or uneducated parents reading your comments on this site. Those who know are unaffected by your hate, other than those like myself trying to set the record straight. PacNW is the other representative from the region. I believe they are calling themselves an ECNL club now. Michigan Jaguars are calling themselves a DA team this year. Las Vegas does not choose to call themselves either. Can you please tell me again how you define a good team by the initials it chooses? This is a silly argument.
                          Rant on GPS lemming! USYS Nationals is still 3rd or 4th tier no matter what you think.

Comment

Come on now. Fairly easily? I promise not to play the so-and-so team beat this other team game therefore this team would win. However, there is no reason to think that CU has any more of a chance to win easily than last year's National Champion, which did beat GPS 1-0. Or last year's Surf Cup Champion, which lost to GPS 1-0 at National League. There is also no reason to think that GPS is any weaker than they were a year or two ago either. They lost a couple girls to CU, but added a couple from a team that beat CU February 11th this year and a couple others from very strong teams around WA and OR. They also have girls returning soon from injury that missed serious playing time. I am curious, did you see them play in a very meaningful game like National League, or was it an OYSA or State Cup game that was less meaningful. This is one of the major problems with development in OR. Coaches and directors are so worried about image that they put off development, regardless of the matchup or importance. They are more concerned with short-term image, recruiting fodder, or what will be posted on TS. Thanks for wishing them luck.
                            "I promise not to play the so-and-so team beat this other team ..." and then you go ahead and cherry-pick and do that. Hilarious. Oh, and they don't really try in State Cup games. They're like the Golden State Warriors, just flip the switch when they need to ... Whatever.

Comment

"I promise not to play the so-and-so team beat this other team ..." and then you go ahead and cherry-pick and do that. Hilarious. Oh, and they don't really try in State Cup games. They're like the Golden State Warriors, just flip the switch when they need to ... Whatever.
                              Do not change my posts with ellipses, paraphrases, or partial quotes. You should especially refrain when you have clear comprehension issues which are further complicated by your bias. Either respond to the entire quote, or don't quote me at all.

Your first mistake.

I didn't say that either GPS or CU would beat the other in some round about way because this other team beat that one. The part of my sentence you cut off with ellipses was due to your own hypocritical cherry-picking and an effort to alter my intent.

I said:

"However, there is no reason to think that CU has any more of a chance to win EASILY*than last year's National Champion".

The partial quote and emphasis are my own, because the quote is my own. Anyone with a 1st grade reading comprehension can see that I was not arguing that GPS would win. That would can only be proven on the field.

Others try to argue potential wins and loses. I simply said that there is evidence that it would not be easy, as was claimed by you or someone else.

Here's your next mistake.

I never said that the girls didn't try. I did say:

"did you see them play in a very meaningful game like National League, or was it an OYSA or State Cup game that was less meaningful. This is one of the major problems with development in OR. Coaches and directors are so worried about image that they put off development, regardless of the matchup or importance."

I stand by the quote. Some coaches will position players differently, divide minutes differently, and have different rosters for certain games. The girls absolutely give 100% every game. If you play youth soccer at any level and the "bottom" third of your bench consists of glorified cheerleaders or bodies to subsidize the costs, I believe there is a problem.

I added extra spacing between my comments in an effort to aid your lacking comprehension. I hope this helps.

Please, no more mistakes.

Comment

Worst teams at USYS regionals destroy Ecnl teams from Oregon.

Cu Ecnl tied eastside Oregon 1-1 who was 5th in state.

Cu Ecnl lost to PAC NW 6-2 who tied wash t at regionals

Cu Ecnl lost to crossfire wa regional team 4-1.

FC Portland couldn't beat any of them.

Don't believe the liars

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X