Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I know there are several CU families that feel the same way as the person who has had a poor experience with CU, so it is not just one person. I wasn't the OP, but I share the same sentiments. I imagine that your positive experience has to do with your political associations with the club. President or VP of CU ECNL/THUSC? Coach that has several kids playing with CrossFire? Schmoozing with the DoC or coaches? Figures.
    Anywhere and everywhere, there are unhappy folks out there. There is a segment of parents that complain no matter what club they are at. The one common theme through all their unhappy misadventures in life is them. But they can't recognize this, so they blame the coach, the teacher, the boss. Waaaaaaa! And then, the sad anonymous hearsay campaign on this forum. So pathetic. So the coach didn't value your superstar kid as much as you do. Go somewhere else. And then, when the next coach doesn't appreciate your kid's potential greatness, go somewhere else. And on and on and on, until your kid quits.

Comment

I know there are several CU families that feel the same way as the person who has had a poor experience with CU, so it is not just one person. I wasn't the OP, but I share the same sentiments. I imagine that your positive experience has to do with your political associations with the club. President or VP of CU ECNL/THUSC? Coach that has several kids playing with CrossFire? Schmoozing with the DoC or coaches? Figures.
      Nope, I'm an alliance parent. My point is if you are unhappy why come on here and share it? Do what you need to do and move on and be happy your kid finds a better spot. When I read a post like the OP's I immediately think one of two things:

It's CU's "competition" which I guess would be FCP or GDA, tearing them down under the guise of a concerned parent.

Or it's a disgruntled CU parent trying to talk everyone into quitting with him/her.

If number one is right you are pathetic beyond belief. If number two is right and you feel that strongly that this club is terrible, own your opinion and express it directly to the parents on the team. I'm sure you have contact info for them if they were your kid's teammates. Don't hide behind an anonymous chat board. It makes your motives seem suspect.

Comment

Anywhere and everywhere, there are unhappy folks out there. There is a segment of parents that complain no matter what club they are at. The one common theme through all their unhappy misadventures in life is them. But they can't recognize this, so they blame the coach, the teacher, the boss. Waaaaaaa! And then, the sad anonymous hearsay campaign on this forum. So pathetic. So the coach didn't value your superstar kid as much as you do. Go somewhere else. And then, when the next coach doesn't appreciate your kid's potential greatness, go somewhere else. And on and on and on, until your kid quits.
        No thankfully, my kids have had an excellent education with excellent teachers, and we sure do praise the teachers for their hard work, intelligence, fairness, and dedication to the students. Same experience with our jobs too with great managers and wonderful colleagues. We are certainly happy with the education, and our workplaces, but the soccer clubs here in Oregon are truly dysfunctional and toxic, particularly at CU where cronyism and nepotism take precedent over merit. It is too bad that the kids in Oregon cannot experience what really good coaching is. You would expect better coaching at the more expensive clubs, but unfortunately, that is not the case.

Comment

Crossfire has never had a reputation for good coaching.

Comment

Crossfire has never had a reputation for good coaching.
            And this forum has never had a reputation for reliable information.

Comment

No thankfully, my kids have had an excellent education with excellent teachers, and we sure do praise the teachers for their hard work, intelligence, fairness, and dedication to the students. Same experience with our jobs too with great managers and wonderful colleagues. We are certainly happy with the education, and our workplaces, but the soccer clubs here in Oregon are truly dysfunctional and toxic, particularly at CU where cronyism and nepotism take precedent over merit. It is too bad that the kids in Oregon cannot experience what really good coaching is. You would expect better coaching at the more expensive clubs, but unfortunately, that is not the case.
              Oh, okay, if you say so, I take back all I said. Sorry Anonymous Unregistered Guest if I offended you.

Comment

And this forum has never had a reputation for reliable information.
                Fortunately we have factual numbers to back up claims of Crossfires crap ECNL team coaching. These CU are lucky to eek a goal out compared to FC Portlands teams:

Crossfire United

03 ppg .45
                02 ppg .82
                01 ppg .64
                00 ppg .09

FC Portland

03 ppg .82
                02 ppg 1.27
                01 ppg 1.27
                00 ppg 1.55

Comment

Fortunately we have factual numbers to back up claims of Crossfires crap ECNL team coaching. These CU are lucky to eek a goal out compared to FC Portlands teams:

Crossfire United

03 ppg .45
                  02 ppg .82
                  01 ppg .64
                  00 ppg .09

FC Portland

03 ppg .82
                  02 ppg 1.27
                  01 ppg 1.27
                  00 ppg 1.55
                  What's that got to do with crap team coaching? They're playing in a difficult league and surely pushing their limits. If your point, Anonymous Unregistered FC Portland coach, is that FC Portland has more ppg in ECNL, then fine. But any number of factors, other than crap coaching, can contribute to this (although I'm sure FCP's success is all due to extraordinary coaching). Teams from larger population areas in California and Seattle are going to have kids that are overall bigger and faster and more skilled. Does that mean you don't bother playing because you're not gonna win? Maybe, if you've got that kind of personality. But all the top coaches stress it is not about winning, but developing the player. And playing stronger opponents is good, although there is point I'm sure where it is so lopsided it hinders development. But if a team is losing 1-0 or 3-0 (as opposed to regular 8-0 thumpings), the experience may be worth it. I know CO and CU parents who are very content, and I know a couple that are not. I can say the same thing about every club in Oregon. Yeah, there is some crap coaching at some levels of every club, but not because of your PPG correlation. And you know it.

Comment

What's that got to do with crap team coaching? They're playing in a difficult league and surely pushing their limits. If your point, Anonymous Unregistered FC Portland coach, is that FC Portland has more ppg in ECNL, then fine. But any number of factors, other than crap coaching, can contribute to this (although I'm sure FCP's success is all due to extraordinary coaching). Teams from larger population areas in California and Seattle are going to have kids that are overall bigger and faster and more skilled. Does that mean you don't bother playing because you're not gonna win? Maybe, if you've got that kind of personality. But all the top coaches stress it is not about winning, but developing the player. And playing stronger opponents is good, although there is point I'm sure where it is so lopsided it hinders development. But if a team is losing 1-0 or 3-0 (as opposed to regular 8-0 thumpings), the experience may be worth it. I know CO and CU parents who are very content, and I know a couple that are not. I can say the same thing about every club in Oregon. Yeah, there is some crap coaching at some levels of every club, but not because of your PPG correlation. And you know it.
                    This is what happens when you think the 'League' name is all that matter, results, coaching and quality of players are not relevant, don't you get it, we pay for it and we are content.

Move on, please we beg you!! It's getting old.

Comment

Teams from larger population areas in California and Seattle are going to have kids that are overall bigger and faster and more skilled.
                      Most pathetic and whiny excuse of the day.

Comment

Most pathetic and whiny excuse of the day.
                        Really? More pathetic and whiny than the "my kid's not playing because the coach sucks"?

Comment

Really? More pathetic and whiny than the "my kid's not playing because the coach sucks"?
                          It's actually all the whiny parents and players blaming each other for the losses. Toxic club culture.

Comment

You all do realize your all worked up over little girls playing soccer.

Comment

This is what happens when you think the 'League' name is all that matter, results, coaching and quality of players are not relevant, don't you get it, we pay for it and we are content.

Move on, please we beg you!! It's getting old.
                              awww...Snap!

Comment

Offering free spots and getting turned down. Judging from the state of things there, I can see why no one is interested.

Not only are they struggling to make even closely competitive teams, you've got many leaving because they are being treated poorly and finding out they are paying for another kids free spot.

Development doesn't happen, playing time not happening, but by all means get it for free.
                                Gold. This is gold.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X