Long Island SC GDa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can tell you they are cheaper than ALBY, by A LOT....and I could answer these questions for you but I have to tell you the staff at LISC have been very transparent with the families for the upcoming season. I suggest you call and ask directly. No snake oil sales - just make your own judgment. These anonymous forums are frequented by dueling coaches and bitter parents. Educate and the evaluate. Good luck to your young one.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Anyone aware of what the "significantly reduced tuition" means on the LISC promotional materials? IS that all GDA players across the board? Some players? And what is the amount of the "significantly reduced tuition"?

Also, how does LISC handle travel? Is every player on their own to get to away games and tournaments or is there more organized travel arrangement?

Thanks in advance to anyone that knows this information.
      It means "We are desperate for players and will offer steep discounts".

Comment

"Significantly Reduced Tuition" is the smartest move LISC has made! They need to push why they are the better option than the other 2 DA offerings and the 2 ECNL clubs. All this hoopla about "signing" recycled players and club hoppers, just makes them look lame, like any other club with musical chairs players (Alby and EM engaged in that nonsense for years).

Organizing team travel (ground) might be another good idea. Landing a few big name "special guest" players to join training sessions here and there, is another one. I mean the list can go on and on. This isn't really rocket science, it's little girls' soccer. Sure, it'll take a little time and a little $, but they have to set themselves apart and offer something different, especially after last year's showing.

Comment

It means "We are desperate for players and will offer steep discounts".
          Yes, yes it does. Even if they survive the next year in GDA they can't keep that up for very long.

Comment

"Significantly Reduced Tuition" is the smartest move LISC has made! They need to push why they are the better option than the other 2 DA offerings and the 2 ECNL clubs. All this hoopla about "signing" recycled players and club hoppers, just makes them look lame, like any other club with musical chairs players (Alby and EM engaged in that nonsense for years).

Organizing team travel (ground) might be another good idea. Landing a few big name "special guest" players to join training sessions here and there, is another one. I mean the list can go on and on. This isn't really rocket science, it's little girls' soccer. Sure, it'll take a little time and a little $, but they have to set themselves apart and offer something different, especially after last year's showing.
            Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Comment

And sometimes you way overpay.

Comment

Well not everyone can drive around in a Mercedes but they still can drive very well and figure out how to get around just fine.

Comment

it was a legitimate question about an advertised marketing flyer...what is the trash talking about? Let it go. These are young impressionable girls. Are these girls signing big money deals that I don't know about? Are any of these clubs lining parent pockets? Come on - let it go. If it works for one family why does that affect your family? You have no idea what is happening behind scenes and private discussion inside these management offices and private homes. Let the girls play. I wish all of your daughters the best and I hope everyone gets the DEVELOPMENT they are seeking.

Comment

it was a legitimate question about an advertised marketing flyer...what is the trash talking about? Let it go. These are young impressionable girls. Are these girls signing big money deals that I don't know about? Are any of these clubs lining parent pockets? Come on - let it go. If it works for one family why does that affect your family? You have no idea what is happening behind scenes and private discussion inside these management offices and private homes. Let the girls play. I wish all of your daughters the best and I hope everyone gets the DEVELOPMENT they are seeking.
                    Does anyone have a legitimate answer?

Comment

If it bothers you so much to read a conflicting opinion, you should stick to BOTN where LISC is paying to censor any unflattering comments

Comment

If it bothers you so much to read a conflicting opinion, you should stick to BOTN where LISC is paying to censor any unflattering comments
                        Non of the opinions about LISC bother me in the least. Nasty anonymous comments attacking young players are shameful and say much about the poster and little about the players.

If LISC wants to try to compete on price - Good!!!!!

Comment

Non of the opinions about LISC bother me in the least. Nasty anonymous comments attacking young players are shameful and say much about the poster and little about the players.

If LISC wants to try to compete on price - Good!!!!!
                          Not OP, but I definitely agree. LISC parents and admins jump on any comment at all with the boo-hoo these are just little girls, leave it alone! Yet they have no problem with using these kids as marketing tools, propping them up like they're signing a big money deal and splashing them all over social media. You can't have it both ways...especially when the club is bragging that they got 2 of Fury's top players (which is quite debatable). The club is literally asking for backlash...even Fury didn't sink that low.

I also agree with you that competing on price is a good thing, I said it was the smartest thing they've done. LISC definitely is taking some very good steps in the right direction, they just need to forge their own path to set themselves apart.

Comment

Not OP, but I definitely agree. LISC parents and admins jump on any comment at all with the boo-hoo these are just little girls, leave it alone! Yet they have no problem with using these kids as marketing tools, propping them up like they're signing a big money deal and splashing them all over social media. You can't have it both ways...especially when the club is bragging that they got 2 of Fury's top players (which is quite debatable). The club is literally asking for backlash...even Fury didn't sink that low.

I also agree with you that competing on price is a good thing, I said it was the smartest thing they've done. LISC definitely is taking some very good steps in the right direction, they just need to forge their own path to set themselves apart.
                            Go after the club all you want if you object. These players are young teens. You are arguing that they deserve to be discussed on an anonymous chat forum because they allowed a picture to be posted on the the official club site of them joining the club.

Could not disagree more but whatever. Lay into kids if you must because you think they deserve it. But that sounds very childish and ridiculous.

Comment

I can tell you they are cheaper than ALBY, by A LOT....and I could answer these questions for you but I have to tell you the staff at LISC have been very transparent with the families for the upcoming season. I suggest you call and ask directly. No snake oil sales - just make your own judgment. These anonymous forums are frequented by dueling coaches and bitter parents. Educate and the evaluate. Good luck to your young one.
                              Well how much for the GDA player?

Comment

Go after the club all you want if you object. These players are young teens. You are arguing that they deserve to be discussed on an anonymous chat forum because they allowed a picture to be posted on the the official club site of them joining the club.

Could not disagree more but whatever. Lay into kids if you must because you think they deserve it. But that sounds very childish and ridiculous.
                                Omg, who is laying into kids? Whose arguing that kids "deserve" to be discussed?
                                All I said, is that you can't have it both ways!

IE-
                                -LISC can't pay BOTN to say and come on TS saying that top players from Fury are fed up and are joining LISC-but then cry if someone questions whether or not the players are "top players".
                                -LISC can't prop these kids up as marketing tools on FACEBOOK (not their official club site) and boast that they lured them from Fury (a giant FU to their former club) and then get outraged if people discuss it.

You don't get to open the discussion, but then get mad if someone's opinion diverges. You want to minimize the discussion of kids on annonymous sites? Stop putting them out there in the first place! These aren't kids who are signing NLIs or receiving awards for their accomplishments, these are kids who decided to join the lowest ranked GDA club in the league who is still advertising heavily for players. Your matyr and victim routine is what's ridiculous...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X