Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High School Predictions

I have followed this page now for a little over a year and I wanted to see if we can get a productive high school soccer thread going. There was a short thread going last fall but with it being such a great sport and popular sport in NH - lets talk NH HS soccer... Season starts in a week - most of the club parents and kids in here play for their schools.

Girls predictions for DI, II, II, & IV?

Boys predictions for DI, II, II, & IV?

I officiate a ton of HS soccer mostly girls games and based on what I saw last year this is what I think (IMO):

Girls DI:
    1. Bedford
    2. Central
    3. Concord
    4. Winnacunnett
    5. Exeter

Girls DII:
    1. Bow
    2. Hanover
    3. Oyster River
    4. Souhegan
    5. Milford

Girls DIII:
    1. Fall Mountain
    2. Belmont
    3. Raymond
    4. Hopkinton
    5. Campbell

Girls DIV:
    1. Sunapee
    2. Newmarket
    3. Colebrook
    4. Woodsville

Comment

Whew! I was worried at first when I didn't see my daughters team on your list but then realized you said you were a referee in NH. I have seen enough HS games to know the refs all stink.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Whew! I was worried at first when I didn't see my daughters team on your list but then realized you said you were a referee in NH. I have seen enough HS games to know the refs all stink.

Feel free to get out there yourself

Comment

Or your daughters team stinks??

Comment

While I have seen a few terrible high school refs in NH, I have also seen many good NH high school refs so it isn’t really fair to lump them all together. I also think the 2 ref situation makes it extremely difficult on the refs. How can you possibly call offside correctly when you are looking on an angle? But that is a function of budgeting and a lack of available refs so the ones out there do what they can. I appreciate this ref speaking up when they have seen so many teams.

Comment

While I have seen a few terrible high school refs in NH, I have also seen many good NH high school refs so it isn’t really fair to lump them all together. I also think the 2 ref situation makes it extremely difficult on the refs. How can you possibly call offside correctly when you are looking on an angle? But that is a function of budgeting and a lack of available refs so the ones out there do what they can. I appreciate this ref speaking up when they have seen so many teams.

Agree. Two refs have always been a problem and its hard enough getting two. Besides the offsides, they may call the game different.

I also appreciate their efforts and that ref for speaking up. Not sure why another thread brings the attitude again. Seems the NH Board is going the way of the MA or CT Boards lately.

Comment

Agree. Two refs have always been a problem and its hard enough getting two. Besides the offsides, they may call the game different.

I also appreciate their efforts and that ref for speaking up. Not sure why another thread brings the attitude again. Seems the NH Board is going the way of the MA or CT Boards lately.
                So what about some predictions for the school season? What about the division your kids play in? Who are the teams to beat? Who are the teams to watch out for?

Comment

I dont have a high-school aged daughter

Comment

Fully agree, the NH 2 Ref system is handicapping the refs and creates the perception of them doing a poor job. Refs need to be much more active and if mobility is an issue then their not going to get the job done.

Sounds like some Mass-holes stirring up some trouble. Things must be slow on their side of the border.

Comment

BG girls should be in the top 3-4 teams in D1

Comment

BG girls should be in the top 3-4 teams in D1
                        Ooh that's a bold statement. Not sure they have enough talented upper classman that can take on the physical game of HS soccer but you never know.

Comment

Londonderry drops out completely for both boys and girls?

Comment

Londonderry drops out completely for both boys and girls?
                            Not sure the Londonderry girls will beat Bedford, Central, and Exeter. I am curious how Portsmouth will do in DI girls after being a top 4 team every year in DII.

I agree about the Londonderry boys - Londonderry boys are always a threat with Coach Boles at the helm and should be a top 4 team again this year. The Exeter boys might also be a top team.

Comment

I think some of this depends on which teams lose players, girls and boys, to the Development Academy, and which teams might gain some players who are leaving the DA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X