Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thorns should just have all their teams play in the OYSA & pick a couple tournaments/showcases for the teams that want some travel.

This travel league thing is the biggest waste of money & time ever contrived. Are the parent's on the board of directors even listening to the LOI announcements after all the travel is done? Seriously, doing all this useless travel, to then have to go spend thousands at non athletic scholarship DIII teams is simply lunacy. Where is the oversight/leadership?
    Now we’re taking.

If you could get the overall all-in cost under say $500 or even $400 then it would make it really affordable and feel more like an academy. I know it a wish list scenario.

Let’s do this people. It’s great to hear positive ideas. Even dare I say constructive ideas.

Comment

CU and FC leadership don't care about cost for useless travel.

The true value in the useless local neighborhood travel scheme is getting the girls the chance to play Recreational Oregon HS Soccer.

With nothing to sell other than travel, at least give em a bone, right?

Some sour Lemonade is better than nothing.
      Like they say, it's all about the taste...

Comment

Like they say, it's all about the taste...
        There is nothing wrong with replying to your own posts. Everyone does it. Even the cool kids. Don't let anyone tell you any different.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with replying to your own posts. Everyone does it. Even the cool kids. Don't let anyone tell you any different.
          Can't some of enjoy these posts without you claiming everyone is replying to themself?

Your lame filibuster routine (reply to self) has grown tiresome, if you can't handle the opinions and thoughts shared here go back to what brought you to the internet in the first place, playing with yourself.

Comment

Can't some of enjoy these posts without you claiming everyone is replying to themself?

Your lame filibuster routine (reply to self) has grown tiresome, if you can't handle the opinions and thoughts shared here go back to what brought you to the internet in the first place, playing with yourself.
            Come on. "Enjoy" is a pretty strong word isn't it? You never really enjoy anything here. Even "amusement" seems too much.

More like a morbid curiosity.

Occasionally there is a little humor but that is pretty rare.

Comment

Did they have try outs yet this year?

Any better?

Comment

Did they have try outs yet this year?

Any better?
                Aren’t Timbers interns on here? Sad to here nothing.

Comment

Come on. "Enjoy" is a pretty strong word isn't it? You never really enjoy anything here. Even "amusement" seems too much.

More like a morbid curiosity.

Occasionally there is a little humor but that is pretty rare.
                  I just read a post that younger Thorns teams should get to play a man up, 12 players. Two keepers on the field at the same time. I certainly enjoyed that. I assumed it was a joke but reading further I am not so sure.

Comment

I just read a post that younger Thorns teams should get to play a man up, 12 players. Two keepers on the field at the same time. I certainly enjoyed that. I assumed it was a joke but reading further I am not so sure.
                    That could be dangerous. If they both dove at the same ball It could cause and injury. I don’t recommend they do that.

Comment

Sometimes the Truth hurts so much, you can taste it.
                      The story of my life.

Comment

How were try out turn outs this year? Any better?

Comment

How were try out turn outs this year? Any better?
                          Slightly under 79 showed up. For all 5 teams.

Comment

U18/U19 team looks very competitive, two youngest age groups look very good, U16 and U17 age groups need a lot of help.

Comment

That makes me very sad for them.

Comment

Did the league approve them playing with and extra player?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X