Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delusional soccer parents

What makes soccer parents so nutty? I don't get it. I just can't take it any more. I can't even enjoy a game any more.

That’s because your kid sucks, good riddance you jagoff, no one wants you here any more

Comment

Just sit away from everyone and some ear buds work for me.

Comment

Agree with above poster. Don't sit with other parents. Be cordial, but keep your distance especially during games. I don't use a chair, prefer to stand anyway. Added bonus is I'm then mobile and can move away from people if needed. My kids play soccer, gymnastics, lax and baseball. Soccer parents are by far the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Agree with above poster. Don't sit with other parents. Be cordial, but keep your distance especially during games. I don't use a chair, prefer to stand anyway. Added bonus is I'm then mobile and can move away from people if needed. My kids play soccer, gymnastics, lax and baseball. Soccer parents are by far the worst.
          youre kids must be real young or play low level if older because soccer parents have nothing on any of the other 3 sports

Comment

My kids play/played soccer, baseball, basketball and some swimming. Parents were crazy in all these sports and are crazy at school stuff as well.
            My experience is some of the wealthier communities are worse than middle class areas, but not always true.
            I think things are just getting more competitive as foundations of community and extended families are breaking down.
            Turn on the TV, there are competitive cooking shows featuring pre-teens. It's sick.
            I'm not religious. But I'm starting to think people need to get out of the house and go to church more, at least in an attempt to connect with their neighbors.

Comment

My kids play/played soccer, baseball, basketball and some swimming. Parents were crazy in all these sports and are crazy at school stuff as well.
              My experience is some of the wealthier communities are worse than middle class areas, but not always true.
              I think things are just getting more competitive as foundations of community and extended families are breaking down.
              Turn on the TV, there are competitive cooking shows featuring pre-teens. It's sick.
              I'm not religious. But I'm starting to think people need to get out of the house and go to church more, at least in an attempt to connect with their neighbors.
              Church? You think church makes people less judgmental?

Comment

Church? You think church makes people less judgmental?
                No, just as a venue where people can get together and meet on a semi regular basis.

Comment

That’s because your kid sucks, good riddance you jagoff, no one wants you here any more
                  Here's a good example. Over bearing dad pushing his dreams into his daughter, yells at ref, picks fights in parking lots, and his daughter hates him. Good job dad

Comment

Here's a good example. Over bearing dad pushing his dreams into his daughter, yells at ref, picks fights in parking lots, and his daughter hates him. Good job dad
                    I'd put on a beater, tie my hair into a ponytail real quick, and get in my red charger and come over and kick your @$$ right now if there wasnt any snow on the ground ..... D@mned rear wheel drive car on fat slicks. You are so lucky, snowflake.

Comment

I'd put on a beater, tie my hair into a ponytail real quick, and get in my red charger and come over and kick your @$$ right now if there wasnt any snow on the ground ..... D@mned rear wheel drive car on fat slicks. You are so lucky, snowflake.
                      Ok, that's pretty funny!

Comment

Just sit away from everyone and some ear buds work for me.
                        It is a shame because it is fun to actually listen to the game. Too bad there aren't some soccer parent noise cancelling earbuds to drown out their constant droning on.....

Comment

The parents on my kids team think they know everything about soccer and are constantly critiquing the kids and making excuses for losses, etc. They count down time and remind their kids how much time is left. Joystick the kids around the field meanwhile kids are trying to think for themselves and listen to their coach. I can't imagine the pressure they are putting on their kids. Games are not enjoyable being around them.

Comment

The parents on my kids team think they know everything about soccer and are constantly critiquing the kids and making excuses for losses, etc. They count down time and remind their kids how much time is left. Joystick the kids around the field meanwhile kids are trying to think for themselves and listen to their coach. I can't imagine the pressure they are putting on their kids. Games are not enjoyable being around them.
                            I always think of one harmless soccer mom that drove me nuts ..... every time anyone besides her kid touched the ball she would say "Why don't they pass it?" or "Switch it" (when her daughter was on the other side of the field .... her daughter never passed or switched the ball.

Comment

we have one mom that loudly criticizes kids BY NAME to everyone around her. It's maddening, esp. because I wonder if the kids can hear her too.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X