X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LastPlanet PNW girls U11-U18 ranks up

May 15, 2016

Tables updated with games up to May 5th.

G04-G97: http://lastplanetranking.***********...rls-index.html

Tables updated with spring leagues games (RCL, OYS, PSPL, NPSL, PSPL-Inland and Idaho D3) and cups (WYS cups, WA Cup, and OYS cups). A few tournaments added. FWRL NW, Desert and CAN added.

Match Predictor is hooked up to the girls model: Select PNW Girls in the drop-down to the right of the header.
    http://lastplanetranking.***********...predictor.html

If you have a G01, click the West Coast G01 tab. That covers the whole west.

If you see errors, let me know and I'll fix them! lastplanetranking -at- gmail

LP

will you start a DA list when they get going in August?

Comment

Originally posted by lastplanet View Post
      May 15, 2016

Tables updated with spring leagues games (RCL, OYS, PSPL, NPSL, PSPL-Inland and Idaho D3) and cups (WYS cups, WA Cup, and OYS cups). A few tournaments added. FWRL NW, Desert and CAN added.

Match Predictor is hooked up to the girls model: Select PNW Girls in the drop-down to the right of the header.

LP
      Winner!

Comment

Originally posted by lastplanet View Post
        May 15, 2016

LP
        Thanks for expanding it.

Comment

Lastplanet, you know would be interesting is if you could use your age effect model to guess at the impact of changing to birth year. For example, combining last year's U13 along with U14 and U12 to calculate 2002, 2003 strength ratings.

Does this make sense?

Comment

LP rankings are no longer relevant. Too many changes with birth year changes, player/club (u12 DA, new Seattle ECNL, mergers) movement. It's going to be a complete reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              LP rankings are no longer relevant. Too many changes with birth year changes, player/club (u12 DA, new Seattle ECNL, mergers) movement. It's going to be a complete reset.
              Currently not relevant. Midway into next season it will be good as gold.

Comment

Lastplanet, you know would be interesting is if you could use your age effect model to guess at the impact of changing to birth year. For example, combining last year's U13 along with U14 and U12 to calculate 2002, 2003 strength ratings.

Does this make sense?
                For the most part, the top teams will remain the top teams. There is very little movement from year to year despite all the roster changes that were already happening each year. For example, Crossfire Premier ECNL G01 has been #1 or #2 in WA since U11 but they currently have only one player remaining from that U11 year. What typically happens is that teams fold, drop out of the ratings, and all the teams below them move up a spot.

Even with the birth year changes, the top teams will likely remain the top teams, at least at big clubs with multiple teams per age group where all they do is shuffle the deck and add a few new players. At smaller clubs all bets are off as whole age groups could disappear or teams could be forced to play up against older competition.

Comment

Do showcases like this last weekend count in the ratings?

Comment

Originally posted by All for One View Post
                    For the most part, the top teams will remain the top teams. There is very little movement from year to year despite all the roster changes that were already happening each year. For example, Crossfire Premier ECNL G01 has been #1 or #2 in WA since U11 but they currently have only one player remaining from that U11 year. What typically happens is that teams fold, drop out of the ratings, and all the teams below them move up a spot.

Even with the birth year changes, the top teams will likely remain the top teams, at least at big clubs with multiple teams per age group where all they do is shuffle the deck and add a few new players. At smaller clubs all bets are off as whole age groups could disappear or teams could be forced to play up against older competition.
                    Do you think any teams staying together & playing up will be able to be competitive? Say a team lwith 5 2001s and the rest 2002s playing up in 2001 (& not an Academy team).

Comment

Do you think any teams staying together & playing up will be able to be competitive? Say a team lwith 5 2001s and the rest 2002s playing up in 2001 (& not an Academy team).
                      no cfc red won't be competitive

Comment

Oct 14, 2016

The girls G06-G02 ratings are up on the public blog.

http://lastplanetranking.************/p/ratings.html

Take a look and send me corrections at the LP gmail or PM me on talking-soccer. If you don't see a team, try the 'All teams' table. That has the 'mystery' teams that I wasn't able to place. 'Team resolver' shows how I assigned tourney names to LP names.

I've had a post up on the WPS forum with the draft ranks since early Sept, so if you are looking for links to that in the future, go there. This year took awhile since I purged all the data pre-June 2016 due to birth year switch.

The Match Predictor widget in the left navbar lets you get a match prediction based on the model.

LP

FAQs:
                        Why 'rank' little kids? So league and tournament directors can create league and tournament brackets with similar strength teams. Also helps teams figure out how strong they are so they can chose good tournament levels.

What goes into this strength rating model? Just a unique id for each team (home and away) and goals scored. That's it. You can read about the model being used on the blog under the FAQ in the left navbar.

Comment

Rankings should not happen prior to high school. Ranking little kids is silly.

Comment

Rankings shouldn't happen until college

Comment

I rank your post last in this thread.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X