Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Center of Excellence Training

Hey all, I have a 11 year old who got an email about winter center of excellence training with Alan O'Keefe.... Another parent on our team said it is exceptional training, but the team trainer was luke warm about doing it saying it was overly expensive for what you are doing. I am looking for some supplemental training for over the winter. My kid really seems to be getting into it and wanting to do more... Anyone else here have experience with this program?

there is a lot of threads and opinions on this but yes (a) it is expensive over winter b/c it's 12 weeks and indoor rental, (b) it's excellent b/c it's tryout based, and (c) the trainers, including o'keefe are high energy and run them 90 minutes virtually nonstop.

Comment

Mine did it and it was great, especially during the winter when clubs don't practice much. Motivated kids, very good trainers.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        there is a lot of threads and opinions on this but yes (a) it is expensive over winter b/c it's 12 weeks and indoor rental, (b) it's excellent b/c it's tryout based, and (c) the trainers, including o'keefe are high energy and run them 90 minutes virtually nonstop.
        Ditto- Winter is the most expensive session due to the indoor rental.

Comment

I am pretty loyal to Rough Riders Training...Great training, great Organization. Competive price...supplemental training was 1x week for winter season and they did tournaments...The Trainors are all from England (most played professionally over there) so my kids say they talked funny. :)

Comment

One advantage of COE is they have locations all over the tri-state area.

Comment

where does rough riders practice during the winter?

Comment

where does rough riders practice during the winter?

I think all over LI depending on the team in the winter...I think most of the training is at global sports which I think they own across from the vets colusium. We were also training in Melville.

Comment

Hey all, I have a 11 year old who got an email about winter center of excellence training with Alan O'Keefe.... Another parent on our team said it is exceptional training, but the team trainer was luke warm about doing it saying it was overly expensive for what you are doing. I am looking for some supplemental training for over the winter. My kid really seems to be getting into it and wanting to do more... Anyone else here have experience with this program?
                  Alan is an excellent trainer. My son has done coe training for 3 years, its expensive but worth it. Training with a small high level group of players he dies not know will be good for his development.

Btw Your team trainer sees COE as competition to his own wallet.

Comment

Alan is an excellent trainer. My son has done coe training for 3 years, its expensive but worth it. Training with a small high level group of players he dies not know will be good for his development.

Btw Your team trainer sees COE as competition to his own wallet.
                    *does

Comment

If your kid can play, I would recommend COE to RR. Better players and better training.

Comment

My child has done RR and COE ....COE I find has better training and more convenient locations. COE is a direct line into PDP and Id2 if your child can play at that level and that’s something you’re looking for. They do a lot of cool trips to Europe and Local tournaments.
                        This is just my opinion I suggest you try both see what your child enjoys.

Comment

Kid enjoyed CoE

Haven't been to RR but my child also loved CoE.
                          First training session is the try out, you can go and see if it suits your child.

Comment

Haven't been to RR but my child also loved CoE.
                            First training session is the try out, you can go and see if it suits your child.
                            after tryout, can you choose if kid joins or not?

Comment

after tryout, can you choose if kid joins or not?
                              you pay $30 upfront and if they get offered a spot you will be asked to play the balance for the remaining sessions. presumably you could decline.

(you will also need to buy their kit - required shirt and shorts - another $40-50 or so)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X