Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are stuck in the present. Picture the world a year from now. One club emerges from the current situation with an innovative eye to the future and finds a way to enter into an "alliance." The alliance would not be a formal merger of clubs but a vehicle to have the best boys and girls end up on the best teams. They do it a lot in the Midwest. All the clubs keep what they have (families, dues, money, etc) but there is a formailized process to aggregate talent.

I'm most familiar with Michigan Hawks and Wolves because we have extended family playing for that club and it seems to have worked in a big way.
    “Yes you idiot. You are stuck in the present, you know, where you have to deal with such things as reality. Take a ride on my magic carpet where I will show you the future. After all, my brother’s cousin’s in-laws have a step-daughter who said her cousin saw it work in Michigan. So logically it will work here too”.

Comment

You are stuck in the present. Picture the world a year from now. One club emerges from the current situation with an innovative eye to the future and finds a way to enter into an "alliance." The alliance would not be a formal merger of clubs but a vehicle to have the best boys and girls end up on the best teams. They do it a lot in the Midwest. All the clubs keep what they have (families, dues, money, etc) but there is a formailized process to aggregate talent.

I'm most familiar with Michigan Hawks and Wolves because we have extended family playing for that club and it seems to have worked in a big way.
      For kids in 9th-11th grade not much future to worry about. Best to focus on the present.

Comment

For kids in 9th-11th grade not much future to worry about. Best to focus on the present.
        This is totally incorrect. Don't let them convince you that your child's future is dictated in grades 9th-11th. Buy Carley Llloyd's book and read it!

Comment

This is totally incorrect. Don't let them convince you that your child's future is dictated in grades 9th-11th. Buy Carley Llloyd's book and read it!
          One Lloyd was that age almost 20 years ago, and second and more importantly the point is if a merger were to happen in a couple of years(but it won't) a current 9th and 10th grader would be an 11 or 12th grader and the current 11th graders already in college. So they are at the age where what happens in the world of club soccer in the next few years is less relevant.

Comment

I can confidently speak for TBU ... Please let WFF and Chargers merge and leave us the hell out of it, we are perfectly happy on our own. That is all !

Comment

I can confidently speak for TBU ... Please let WFF and Chargers merge and leave us the hell out of it, we are perfectly happy on our own. That is all !
              I agree, at TBU we perfectly capable of fielding losing girls teams in ECNL and boys teams on the DA side, we don't need help from any other club to continue to lose.

Comment

ECNL teams don’t earn Got Soccer points for ECNL games. Of Course they would be lower in the rankings.
                Convenient that you only picked up on one part of my post. WFF beat TBU's ECNL team in State Cup 4-2. So forget the Got Soccer points - head to head, THEY LOST and it wasn't even as close as the score would suggest.

Comment

Ummmm still no proof Poppy ?

Comment

Ummmm still no proof Poppy ?
                    See for yourself...

https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/...y=yes&compact=

Comment

Throw in PCU and Strictly while you are it. Between WFF, Celtic, PCU and Strictly you might end up with 2 teams in each age group.
                      Think about what this would do to the CDL and State Cup - complete domination!!

Comment

I hear TBU and Celtic merger is a VERY REAL possibility! Let’s do it!

Comment

haha.....Post of the year!

Why would TBU want Celtic? Celtic only plays USA, CDL, and FSPL. No ECNL talent for TBU. Keep dreaming.

Comment

Convenient that you only picked up on one part of my post. WFF beat TBU's ECNL team in State Cup 4-2. So forget the Got Soccer points - head to head, THEY LOST and it wasn't even as close as the score would suggest.
                            Defining moment of your life. Enjoy it while you can.

Comment

Hans working for the TBU Mafia? Yeah right, GTFOH

Comment

Hans working for the TBU Mafia? Yeah right, GTFOH
                                Hans went to Celtic? Wow, a new low for Strictly!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X