Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    One of the sessions is tryout and usually all scrimmaging. Good for younger players, but if you have an older child on a competitive team their team practices are probably just as productive if not more productive then PDP sessions and definitely cheaper.
    So the rest of the program is just like the tryouts, just scrimmage.... I thought it was a development... training, drills, strategy...

Anyone else do this COE PDP? What did you see and think?

Comment

I also believe there were only 6 session for the outdoor fall program... 6 additional session plus indoor rentals.
      FWIW, there were 8 sessions in fall.

Comment

So went last night to our first session. 24 girls and 2 trainers. Split into 2 age groups of 12 with a trainer. I did not see anything innovative or really different except that the level of the girls was more consistent than you will find on your town team allowing you to run the drills better, thus the girls get more out of it. Thinking about what someone said earlier, at $55 a kid=$1320 a session...

Comment

So went last night to our first session. 24 girls and 2 trainers. Split into 2 age groups of 12 with a trainer. I did not see anything innovative or really different except that the level of the girls was more consistent than you will find on your town team allowing you to run the drills better, thus the girls get more out of it. Thinking about what someone said earlier, at $55 a kid=$1320 a session...

So about 38 a hour. I pay 35 for a car wash.
          They all do the same drills no matter where you go.

Comment

I don't think the program keeps up with what club/league the kids move to after a certain point. My daughter has been in the program for 3 years (monthly trainings, select squad events, etc) and plays on an Nycsl NPL team, but there are at least 6-7 girls that have moved to ECNL and GDA (over the course of the last 3 years) that still attend PDP events and trainings. Selfishly, I'm not opposed to it, bc we love the kids and my D has gotten to know them really well and the girls play amazing soccer together.
            BUT, do I think it's fair to other kids who are playing in Nycsl whose potential "spots" are being occupied by kids outside the league? Not really
            I'm totally aligned with your statements. My son who played on DA but left because he wants to play high school is part of the PDP program, select squad, etc has multiple friends that play for DA however are also part of the program. The way I look at it is I want my child to play in a environment which is very competitive so if a spot is taken from a NYCSL player then so be it. then that child wasn't developed enough to make the cut. HOWEVER: Once you reach an age where the iD2 program kick in that's when it becomes sticky I'm a year away from that so I'll cross the bridge next year.

Comment

So about 38 a hour. I pay 35 for a car wash.
              They all do the same drills no matter where you go.
              $50 per session actually

Comment

if a spot is taken from a NYCSL player then so be it. then that child wasn't developed enough to make the cut.
                It's a program for NYCSL/US Club Soccer players, so if your kid is an NYCSL/US Club Soccer player than you're right.

If your kid isn't, putting them in the program is selfish regardless of talent level as it's simply not for them.

If you live in NY and your kid can't make the NY ODP team because they looked the other way for some kid from CT, wouldn't that be wrong, even if the CT kid was better?

Comment

So the rest of the program is just like the tryouts, just scrimmage.... I thought it was a development... training, drills, strategy...

Anyone else do this COE PDP? What did you see and think?
                  There was a cirriculum at the session my player did. Different focus each week I believe and then try to execute the lesson during the scrimmage.

Comment

It's a program for NYCSL/US Club Soccer players, so if your kid is an NYCSL/US Club Soccer player than you're right.

If your kid isn't, putting them in the program is selfish regardless of talent level as it's simply not for them.

If you live in NY and your kid can't make the NY ODP team because they looked the other way for some kid from CT, wouldn't that be wrong, even if the CT kid was better?
                    If your child is playing in one of those other leagues previously mentioned, the program is really not worth the money. It is good for the younger ages but the “consistency” of player argument doesn’t really hold if your child trains in a very competitive program.

Comment

It is glorified scrimmage. Vastly overpriced. My kid did it one session. He liked it fine, but it is NOT worth the money.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X