Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone who thinks their kid might be given the opportunity to play professionally because they are committed to a school that consistently sends players to play professionally is bragging and stupid?
    You're ridiculous...Where do you think the kids who end up playing pro come from, lol?
    Umm, i dont know ... foreign countries!

Comment

I think the idea is once you get out of college you become a contributing member of society. Go earn a real salary and start your life.
      Look who likes to tell other people how they should live. No one is saying their kid is going pro. The point is that If you have that opportunity and ifyou think it is worthwhile then you can consider it within the context of a potentially long life where you will be expected to work for 50 years. Taking 2-3 years to play pro soccer might seem like a good thing to do for someone in that position (my kid most certainly will not need to make this decision). In one regard, playing at that high a level could be considered an excellent investment in a future in sales, etc. People love hearing about that stuff.

Comment

Well there's the big difference-the education YOU provided for her for a career. My kid is providing for her own education by excelling in soccer and getting good grades! I'm only on the hook for flights home, so if she is offered an opportunity to play professionally for a few years, I 100% support it! She'll have her whole life to build her career and will be a more desirable candidate because of her unique experiences. Thanks for your input though, and good luck to your daughter as she obtains the education YOU provided for her.
        I assume she paid for and drove herself back and forth to trainings all those years?

Comment

I assume she paid for and drove herself back and forth to trainings all those years?
          Dude, ur such a loser, please get a life!

Comment

Dude, ur such a loser, please get a life!
            Im a loser? You want your daughter to make $15k playing professional soccer and then try to get a job afterwards. You must drive a fancy car thet your ex husband pays for?

Comment

Anyone see the Ally Sentnor cover, wow, hahaha, every u-little soccer girls dream, hahahaha, poor kid, afraid to look at the MA boards, ugh

https://twitter.com/SIKids/status/11...352769/photo/1

Comment

Anyone see the Ally Sentnor cover, wow, hahaha, every u-little soccer girls dream, hahahaha, poor kid, afraid to look at the MA boards, ugh

Good for her! The kid is good, works hard and doesn't sacrifice what's important to her. When everyone went chasing after the GDA badge in it's inaugural year, she stayed at SSS. When all the chatter was USSF was only picking GDA players for YNTs, she stayed at SSS. Still plays HS ball with an approved waiver and is still planning to attend college.
                People are going to hate on her no matter what, so sad really.

Comment

I made the mistake of looking - it's not pretty. Haters gonna hate.

Comment

Why has BON scrubbed all posts regarding LISC?

Comment

Why has BON scrubbed all posts regarding LISC?
                      Likely because they are a big sponsor.

Comment

Likely because they are a big sponsor.
                        LISC doesn't look like they are doing well this year so far. Looks like their recent pickups are not performing as expected.

Comment

Good for her! The kid is good, works hard and doesn't sacrifice what's important to her. When everyone went chasing after the GDA badge in it's inaugural year, she stayed at SSS. When all the chatter was USSF was only picking GDA players for YNTs, she stayed at SSS. Still plays HS ball with an approved waiver and is still planning to attend college.
                          As your post is littered with veiled hate about GDA...

Back to AS, she's a very good player. My daughter has played against her for several years and she's as good as they make it sound. She's also a class player on the field, too. Doesn't let it go to her head. Acts like a normal teenage girl who happens to be an outstanding player. Which, in reality, is what she is.

Comment

The only chatter there is is the nonsense in your head.

She was in WNT for some time before GDA, and SSS is in GDA because of the players they produced towards WNT.

She was also the best player on WNT, and always had a chance to train and play against ‘right’ competition - both in the club and outside.

Comment

The only chatter there is is the nonsense in your head.

She was in WNT for some time before GDA, and SSS is in GDA because of the players they produced towards WNT.

She was also the best player on WNT, and always had a chance to train and play against ‘right’ competition - both in the club and outside.
                              Whoa, wasn't trying to bash GDA-sorry if it came off that way. I was just trying to point out that the kid stayed true to where she felt was the best club for her, regardless of all the talking points that were being floated about "top leagues" and this and that.

Comment

LISC doesn't look like they are doing well this year so far. Looks like their recent pickups are not performing as expected.
                                2004 team is solid.

2007, 2006 and 2005 maybe have a combined 1 or 2 wins for the fall.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X