Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Which makes a teen’s soccer hook at a top 30 school in the nation all the more important. Everyone is making my point.
    The concept of a “teen soccer hook” is laughable.

Comment

Sorry you aren’t in the game.

Comment

Then you don't know what's going on in MA and other top boarding schools. Athletes are being recruited to highschool all over the place.

Comment

You are right it is laughable. It's also prevalent

Comment

My child is committed to a top 20 academic school. According to the institution’s Common Data Set he/she scored 10 points below the 25th percentile on the SAT. GPA? It’s below the norm, but not egregiously. Without soccer he/she would have been rejected. The advantage of high level athletics is very real if the athlete clan manage to catch a coach’s interest.

Comment

My child is committed to a top 20 academic school. According to the institution’s Common Data Set he/she scored 10 points below the 25th percentile on the SAT. GPA? It’s below the norm, but not egregiously. Without soccer he/she would have been rejected. The advantage of high level athletics is very real if the athlete clan manage to catch a coach’s interest.
              So is that what they told you, before committing? He’s way below average , and blew the 25th percentile that goes to their school, but we will let him/her come and hang out, anyway? The tuition check is due in the summer, before school starts. Good luck.

Comment

The NEP and competition have become so watered down with all the “club partnerships” it’s basically NSL on steroids.

The NEP or “Partner” Clubs can’t keep a firm grip on the standards of these glorified town clubs.

You will never get this problem with ECNL.
                What the....???

This is the EXACT problem with ECNL. They let in some crappy teams and avoid quality teams in their own backyard. They are managed by the clubs themselves (just like NEP) and make the clubs make the rules on who gets in and who doesn't. Even going so far as to put in two of their own teams vs. another club.

No doubt ECNL is better, but your basis for your argument is completely flawed.

Comment

So is that what they told you, before committing? He’s way below average , and blew the 25th percentile that goes to their school, but we will let him/her come and hang out, anyway? The tuition check is due in the summer, before school starts. Good luck.
                  The coach specified a target for both metrics. Those targets were hit. I’d hazard the SAT score would compare favorably with your child’s. The tuition I’ll be paying should be commensurate with in-state tuition at our flagship university. Joke all you want but my child will attend an exceptional university for an extremely reasonable price thanks to decent academics and a soccer slot.

Google Common Data Set [insert school name here]. You’ll find SAT, ACT & GPA information for previous enrolled classes. It’s a nice reality check for people like you.

Comment

Serious question: Any concern that your child may struggle academically at that school given where they are in the pool of accepted students? Especially given your child will be juggling a sport and academics.

Comment

Serious question: Any concern that your child may struggle academically at that school given where they are in the pool of accepted students? Especially given your child will be juggling a sport and academics.
                      Getting in is the hard part.

Comment

Getting in is the hard part.
                        100%. zero evidence that once in, any school is actually harder than another. plenty of evidence that some majors are harder than others. not colleges. In fact, being surrounded by intelligent, motivated peers makes things easier

Comment

The coach specified a target for both metrics. Those targets were hit. I’d hazard the SAT score would compare favorably with your child’s. The tuition I’ll be paying should be commensurate with in-state tuition at our flagship university. Joke all you want but my child will attend an exceptional university for an extremely reasonable price thanks to decent academics and a soccer slot.

Google Common Data Set [insert school name here]. You’ll find SAT, ACT & GPA information for previous enrolled classes. It’s a nice reality check for people like you.
                          An in state tuition at our “flagship” university, is close to the tuition at many privates. You are still paying to play D3 soccer, any which way you look at it. Nothing wrong with it, if it suits you and your kid.

Comment

An in state tuition at our “flagship” university, is close to the tuition at many privates. You are still paying to play D3 soccer, any which way you look at it. Nothing wrong with it, if it suits you and your kid.
                            You have me confused with someone else. My child will be attending a Division 1 school.

Comment

You have me confused with someone else. My child will be attending a Division 1 school.
                              And still
                              Paying tuition?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X