Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDP winter training

Kid got invited to join this pdp thing anybody got the scoop?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What age group? Much better for the younger ages as the older player pool decreases. Training is good but very expensive due to the indoor space.

Comment

PDP? what's that and where?

Comment

why do you think the player pool decreases as older? I know academy players aren't supposed to do, but feel like many do it anyway.

Comment

why do you think the player pool decreases as older? I know academy players aren't supposed to do, but feel like many do it anyway.
          DA aren't supposed and ECNl attendance drops as well. Mine was U14 last year and the group was good but small compared to the younger ones. Great training. Wish we had gotten involved sooner. Unfortunately in the spring it's really tough to fit in extra trainings on top of club, travel etc but the winter quiet time is a great time to work on things

Comment

anyone's academy kid get in trouble for doing. i feel like now that academy lowered to U12, many of the 11 and 12 year olds are doing both.

Comment

DA aren't supposed and ECNl attendance drops as well. Mine was U14 last year and the group was good but small compared to the younger ones. Great training. Wish we had gotten involved sooner. Unfortunately in the spring it's really tough to fit in extra trainings on top of club, travel etc but the winter quiet time is a great time to work on things
              Winter training cost is double the other seasons- Indoor rentals make it more expensive.

Comment

New to this, what is PDP

Comment

Lots of kids from BWG, cedar starts, cosmos and TSF do it. I don't think any DA rule says no to it.

Comment

Lots of kids from BWG, cedar starts, cosmos and TSF do it. I don't think any DA rule says no to it.
                    Actually it isn't allowed as per the rules. Obviously some clubs look the other way, especially with the younger kids. NE Revs tossed an NT player for training in Germany over winter break.

4.Player Participation in Unapproved Outside Competitions: Academy Players must meet all attendance and participation requirements for training and games for their Academy team during the Academy Season. Failure to meet those requirements should result in removal from the Academy team. Academy Clubs may not permit any Academy Player to participate on a non-Academy team during the Academy Season. Academy Clubs will be held accountable for the actions of their players.The only permissible soccer related reasons to miss Development Academy activities is NationalTeam duty and U.S. Soccer Training Center participation.

https://ussoccer.app.box.com/s/38y02...n6k5t9zonsl97s

Comment

I know I shouldn't care, but it pisses me off that the Academy kids do it and it pisses me off more that NYCSL lets them.

It takes spots away from eligible kids who are supposedly getting top notch training with their teams.

And in Westchester, at least, it's the same Academy kids doing PDP and RDS and every other tryout based program.

Comment

If its an nycsl program, why isnt it reserved for nycsl kids from nycsl clubs? I don't get it.

Comment

If its an nycsl program, why isnt it reserved for nycsl kids from nycsl clubs? I don't get it.
                          NYCSL and CCSL kids make up most of their players but it's still an inclusive program. Why should talented players from elsewhere be excluded? My player has done it for two years and I could give a **** where the players come from

Comment

NYCSL and CCSL kids make up most of their players but it's still an inclusive program. Why should talented players from elsewhere be excluded? My player has done it for two years and I could give a **** where the players come from
                            Actually at the higher level tournament teams most of players are academy kids.

Comment

I know I shouldn't care, but it pisses me off that the Academy kids do it and it pisses me off more that NYCSL lets them.

It takes spots away from eligible kids who are supposedly getting top notch training with their teams.

And in Westchester, at least, it's the same Academy kids doing PDP and RDS and every other tryout based program.
                              Does Nycsl know who is DA or not? They may not, or may not know all of them. If it is open to anyone then it isn't their job to regulate what DA players are doing. It's the DA clubs that should be monitoring their own players. Outside training isn't allowed first of all. And if DA is so great then why are players seeking training outside of DA?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X