Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2406512]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

If my kid is a bench player for a local club can I bring them to the thorns for a shot at the national team? She’s not very good but she’s also not good at other things so why not give it a shot? If I can keep her busy with national team duties and traveling internationally I won’t have to listen to her whining about girl “stuff”.
    Keep us posted on how this works out. I’m sure it will be a wild ride.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2407431]

Keep us posted on how this works out. I’m sure it will be a wild ride.

I gain all this insight about the US Soccer DA, because my daughter is one of the 'elites' in Oregon that was chosen to do just HS and not selected for a DA program.

We have all the knowledge, that comes with being "elite'

Comment

Not sure I buy Crossfire is leaving GDA, but if they do, I don't see how Reign can sustain it up there by themselves. These travel costs are going to get crazy.
        The travel costs are already stupid.

Flying mediocre teams to play other mediocre teams for one game is stupid.

Comment

Not sure I buy Crossfire is leaving GDA, but if they do, I don't see how Reign can sustain it up there by themselves. These travel costs are going to get crazy.
          Crossfire Premier isn't leaving DA; instead they are reportedly dropping ECNL.

Or being kicked out--US Soccer is no longer permitting clubs to do both ECNL and GDA, apparently. (Or requiring that ECNL be the A team if they do both).

I've even heard a rumor that US Soccer is trying to force ECNL clubs out of the BOYS DA, though I find that hard to believe.

Comment

Crossfire Premier isn't leaving DA; instead they are reportedly dropping ECNL.

Or being kicked out--US Soccer is no longer permitting clubs to do both ECNL and GDA, apparently. (Or requiring that ECNL be the A team if they do both).

I've even heard a rumor that US Soccer is trying to force ECNL clubs out of the BOYS DA, though I find that hard to believe.
            You feel like you’ve been forced out of ‘Soccer’ if you elected to play 5 or 6 local teams exclusively 4 times a year in dressed up scrimmages every weekend in the fall. We thought the DA stood for ‘Dumb *****$$$’ decision.

Comment

If my kid is a bench player for a local club can I bring them to the thorns for a shot at the national team? She’s not very good but she’s also not good at other things so why not give it a shot? If I can keep her busy with national team duties and traveling internationally I won’t have to listen to her whining about girl “stuff”.
              I doubt she will make national team. It is way too political to get selected. I don't want to discourage you or your kid from trying but be realistic about it is all I am saying.

Comment

The reason is pretty straight forward.

The primary reason is because the players prefer ECNL. The secondary reason is it is very expensive. The GDA was funded by Crossfire while ECNL is not.

Crossfire out does not really affect the Reign. You are talking about 3 or 4 games only. Not enough to make a difference. That would not be the reason why the Reign would be out. The Reign may be out for different reasons. Take a look at the costs to play Reign.

Comment

The primary reason is because the players prefer ECNL. The secondary reason is it is very expensive. The GDA was funded by Crossfire while ECNL is not.

Crossfire out does not really affect the Reign. You are talking about 3 or 4 games only. Not enough to make a difference. That would not be the reason why the Reign would be out. The Reign may be out for different reasons. Take a look at the costs to play Reign.
                  Just another a piece of straw I guess, if it is true.

Comment

Considering 80% of the top players left Ecnl for DA id point out that players don’t prefer Ecnl.

Secondary reason is that clubs don’t want to pay for players, they want families to go back to paying 10-15k a year for Ecnl.

Comment

70% of the top talent in the US is in ECNL.

Locally in Portland it's about 50% ECNL. Thorns have 25% and unaffiliated have 25%.

Comment

Where are you from? Nearly every girl involved in HS and club soccer in Oregon elects to play at any OYSA club other than CU (THUSC) and FC P (specifically their US CLUB ecnleague teams), why? 99% of Oregon parents have no interest in spending thousands and thousands of dollars on worthless air travel to play similar teams, it's smarter and wiser they believe to save money ,stay local and play at the same level. This isn't Rocket Science.

Oregon only has one DA available for Girls and it's not at a local club it's part of the NWSL Portland Thorns professional org.

99.5 percent of all girls who play soccer in Oregon are not candidates for the DA level so it really operates in a vacuum outside of the purview of the normal fare club soccer, as such they attract, recruit and place the type of players they desire and fund(substantially) their cost of participation. The barrier to entry and selection makes it something of anomaly vs the local club offerings, just like the Timbers MLS Boys DA.

It's not like the Timbers DA or Thorns DA are local clubs where you are in if you have the ability to pay, and all is fine.

Comment

70% of the top talent in the US is in ECNL.

Locally in Portland it's about 50% ECNL. Thorns have 25% and unaffiliated have 25%.
                          Locally in Oregon

The top players are:
                          ECNL 65%
                          Thorns 10%
                          Other 25%

Comment

Get her out to the ball park. You never know.

Comment

Locally in Oregon

The top players are:
                              ECNL 65%
                              Thorns 10%
                              Other 25%
                              A category you missed really not part of your analysis

% of ‘Elite’ Oregon Players are:

100% Thorns DA
                              100% Timbers DA

the more you know.

Comment

Locally in Oregon

The top players are:
                                ECNL 65%
                                Thorns 10%
                                Other 25%
                                Thorns have more like 15% of the top players locally. I don't know about the rest.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X