Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone who has read kate fagan's book about the di kid who was an athlete, soccer played into it, and jumped off a parking garage at college understands.
    These posters dont get it. It isnt a do over.
    I had a frat brother do the same thing. Wasn’t an athlete. What’s your point. Soccer wasn’t the culprit, mental illness was.

Comment

I had kids go both as well. I laugh my azz off at the D3 nut jobs here who have to elevate everything about D3 so they can soothe their wounded egos. They don’t represent the average D3 parent I’ve stood on sidelines with. The nut jobs here are all about keeping score and it bugs the crap out of them that someone else’s kid got more than their kid did. Why not laugh at them, they make fools out of themselves here.
      It seems to me the hate is coming from the d1 people who started the ranting.

Comment

Not d3 around here bozo. Ever hear of messiah?
        The worst example of D3 soccer if there ever was. D1 wanna be’s beating up on the sisters of the poor.

Comment

I had a frat brother do the same thing. Wasn’t an athlete. What’s your point. Soccer wasn’t the culprit, mental illness was.
          well your lack of empathy is nice to see. And obviously you didnt read the book.

Athletics absolutely played a part as well as juggling academics in a high level academic environment. Not everyone juggles easily. And the denand to be great in everything was too much.
          Kids are breakable.

Comment

The worst example of D3 soccer if there ever was. D1 wanna be’s beating up on the sisters of the poor.
            Sure...and also other d1's. Not too but d1 nonetheless.

Comment

It seems to me the hate is coming from the d1 people who started the ranting.
              This is a D1 thread that was targeted at D1 topic. Who brought in the D3 subject? Loser D3 parents that’s who. Still bent that no one wanted their kids that’s why. Totally transparent and sad that we spend so much time responding to their defenses of their decisions.

Comment

Sure...and also other d1's. Not too but d1 nonetheless.
                Not top d1 is what I meant to say

Comment

This is a D1 thread that was targeted at D1 topic. Who brought in the D3 subject? Loser D3 parents that’s who. Still bent that no one wanted their kids that’s why. Totally transparent and sad that we spend so much time responding to their defenses of their decisions.
                  Actually it was a douche d1 who may have considered or played d3 but dont know. My kid plays d1 as well. Not cool to division bully.

Comment

Because that is what you have to do. What a racquet. And we, the parents, allow it to occur.
                    You honestly dont. Especially if you have already set goals as to where you want to end up.

Comment

So now we are comparing Johnson & Wales to Stanford or HYP?
                      this is the other part i find funny. The belief that only Ivies and Stanford rank pari passu with these D3s . There are many more D1 schools with elite soccer and academics that offer the best of both worlds.

Comment

Anyone who has read kate fagan's book about the di kid who was an athlete, soccer played into it, and jumped off a parking garage at college understands.
                        These posters dont get it. It isnt a do over.
                        Please dont dirty the Holleran family by bringing that into this. You are twisting a very personal event to your own agenda. MANY factors could have played a part there, to single out soccer, implying it was a major one, is disingenuous and inappropriate to the discussion at hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                          Please dont dirty the Holleran family by bringing that into this. You are twisting a very personal event to your own agenda. MANY factors could have played a part there, to single out soccer, implying it was a major one, is disingenuous and inappropriate to the discussion at hand.
                          ^^^although I thought she was a track star, running even further afield.

Comment

Not singling out soccer, said involved as she struggled to maybe go to a different school and back to soccer. But academics and athletics and struggle to juggle and not disappoint. Idiots on here dont get it. The pressures these kids face at all levels and jerks on an anynomous calling out kids at other divisions and implying they are weak. That is what is horrific.

Comment

^^^although I thought she was a track star, running even further afield.
                              Who played club soccer and initially accepted a soccer scholarship in pat league.

Comment

Not singling out soccer, said involved as she struggled to maybe go to a different school and back to soccer. But academics and athletics and struggle to juggle and not disappoint. Idiots on here dont get it. The pressures these kids face at all levels and jerks on an anynomous calling out kids at other divisions and implying they are weak. That is what is horrific.
                                I have not read many(if any)posts calling out any kids. I have read several trolling pompous parents.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X