Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks for the laugh. Great learning experience losing 0-7....learning that maybe lacross might be a better fit? Or dance, chess, debate?
    Dang brah, why are you so hostile and bitter? What is your DS doing this summer? (Chess, debate, interpretive dance? Which for the record is fine by me) What team does he play for? Seeing as you are so wise about what clubs and teams should be doing, share what your Dr's club and team are doing.

Comment

Crossfire premier A 5, updx 0
      FC 4, WPFC black 2
      WT 2, Crossfire Yakima 2

FC and WT are both leading their groups. UPDX cannot advance.
      Kinda looks like WT crashed and burned and are catching a ride home with UPDX?

Comment

Dang brah, why are you so hostile and bitter? What is your DS doing this summer? (Chess, debate, interpretive dance? Which for the record is fine by me) What team does he play for? Seeing as you are so wise about what clubs and teams should be doing, share what your Dr's club and team are doing.
        “We learn more from losing than winning”

Nobody says they except teams that lose. You should crochet that into throw pillows and set up a table to sell them at the soccer fields.

Sorry I’m laughing at that mental picture...give me a minute.

Comment

Nobody says they except teams that lose. You should crochet that into throw pillows and set up a table to sell them at the soccer fields.

As I am laughing at the mental picture of you. You neglected to say which club your DS plays for, or what they are doing this summer. I wonder why? Obviously you want to take shots at UPDX, which makes me think FC. Remind me again how FC is doing? They are playing down after getting spanked by Crossfire in a friendly, right? I am all for rooting for your team, and disliking your rivals...but do not put down a team for trying to challenge themselves. In the end, they played better competition, and are better for it. Of course you don't...can't understand that...because you are too busy trying to figure out how to get your head out of your ass.

Comment

You really should. Make sure the text is in cursive, big loopy letters. I’m sure they will fly off the shelves at $15.99.

Comment

As I am laughing at the mental picture of you. You neglected to say which club your DS plays for, or what they are doing this summer. I wonder why? Obviously you want to take shots at UPDX, which makes me think FC. Remind me again how FC is doing? They are playing down after getting spanked by Crossfire in a friendly, right? I am all for rooting for your team, and disliking your rivals...but do not put down a team for trying to challenge themselves. In the end, they played better competition, and are better for it. Of course you don't...can't understand that...because you are too busy trying to figure out how to get your head out of your ass.
              FCP patent here. Upon seeing the schedules last week, our coach petitioned to get all three age groups (U12 - U14) put in the Super group and only succeeded with U12. Tournament directors said that there were too many teams in the super group and not enough in Gold and thus, put a few in Gold. We are not sure exactly how the decided which ones to put in Gold, but that is where we ended up. I agree, it would be WAY better for them to play the best competition, to challange themselves and improve, but it is what it is. For what it is worth, they have not had an easy road in Gold either. Besides the game against Montana, FC has yet to win time of possession and although it hasn’t been pretty, the have come out on top each time (most of the Gold have been had in the counter attacking)

Comment

Looks like updx will be going home with their tail between their legs, nobody cares if you advance in a second tier like FC and westside seem to be excited about, especially when there are 12 teams (including a couple b teams) in the top bracket. If it’s to build confidence your snowflakes have already lost....
                I actually am impressed by the 4-2 defeat to Seattle United. They are a good team. No shame in that UPDX loss.

Comment

To be clear i was only making fun of the dumb saying “you learn more losing 0-4 than winning 4-0”. Cause I’ve never heard anyone on the winning end say that.

I have no idea even what updx is.

Comment

I actually am impressed by the 4-2 defeat to Seattle United.
                    Yeah I’m impressed too. I would’ve bet the loss would’ve be more like 9-1. Did SU pull their starters at the half? Go down a coupe of players? Red cards?

Comment

Yeah I’m impressed too. I would’ve bet the loss would’ve be more like 9-1. Did SU pull their starters at the half? Go down a coupe of players? Red cards?
                      It is SU’s 2nd team. Their best team is the Copa team.

Comment

Teams often do learn more by losing (losing in a competitive fashion, at least--getting blown out, not so much). Coaches know this, and that's why they often play up in tournaments (of course, if EVERYONE plays up...). Parents don't always like this, especially the sort that like to boast here.

These are summer tournaments. FTMP take with a grain of salt.

Comment

It is SU’s 2nd team. Their best team is the Copa team.
                          Really? Do they have a bunch of kids that are “athletes” that won’t commit to just one sport at this age and are not just soccer centric and are actually as good or better than the “DA” team from the same club- heavens no that can’t be true that would just crush the soccer donks theories.....fringe sport without our top athletes which is why we (the USA) struggle internationally. If you had the skill position guys in American football, for example, playing and training for soccer you would se an immediate rise in the USA results

Comment

Kinda looks like WT crashed and burned and are catching a ride home with UPDX?
                            Westside did more than crash and burn, could not even leave with a winning record in their group in a b level bracket. You might want to rethink the Dallas cup thing and save your money and do some camps instead.....embarrassing

Comment

Westside did more than crash and burn, could not even leave with a winning record in their group in a b level bracket. You might want to rethink the Dallas cup thing and save your money and do some camps instead.....embarrassing
                              Well they were awesome 10 years ago and don't do ecnl - that ought to count for something!

Comment

Really? Do they have a bunch of kids that are “athletes” that won’t commit to just one sport at this age and are not just soccer centric and are actually as good or better than the “DA” team from the same club- heavens no that can’t be true that would just crush the soccer donks theories.....fringe sport without our top athletes which is why we (the USA) struggle internationally. If you had the skill position guys in American football, for example, playing and training for soccer you would se an immediate rise in the USA results
                                This is 05, not high school. Perhaps some club at this age level has a B team full of talented players that refuse DA because they want to play soccer elsewhere, but I've never seen this happen for u14 boys. ECNL trolling doesn't belong in this forum.

And spare us the "if only LeBron played soccer" nonsense.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X