Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I read up tread that Burlingame might take over?
    Seriously? Burlingame Thorns?

Comment

How do you know? Are you with the Timbers kids soccer staff? Any more details would be great otherwise we are all just guessing and wondering.
      I know their kids soccer staff read this chat room. Can you confirm or deny that the timbers are unloading the thorns Da teams? Eastside? Burlingame?

Comment

I know their kids soccer staff read this chat room. Can you confirm or deny that the timbers are unloading the thorns Da teams? Eastside? Burlingame?
        I am not with the Timbers "kids soccer staff" but I think it would make a lot of sense to outsource the management of the youth soccer programs. They are trying to run a pro soccer team and it seems like all the "kids soccer" business would be a big distraction. I can just see parents on the thorns academy team calling the GM and owner of the Timbers to inquire about playing time issues and other parent drama. Complains about soccer camps. What a headache.

Comment

I am not with the Timbers "kids soccer staff" but I think it would make a lot of sense to outsource the management of the youth soccer programs. They are trying to run a pro soccer team and it seems like all the "kids soccer" business would be a big distraction. I can just see parents on the thorns academy team calling the GM and owner of the Timbers to inquire about playing time issues and other parent drama. Complains about soccer camps. What a headache.
          The academy teams aren't like local clubs. The families are not customers, as it is subsidized training, and "parent drama" will quickly result in a kid being thrown off the team.

Comment

The program needs to go to a club that has a solid pool of girls to draw from, ie “B” team.

Comment

The parent drama is the worst. You couldn't pay me enough to listen to it.

Comment

The program needs to go to a club that has a solid pool of girls to draw from, ie “B” team.
                So no Timbers clubs then as most of them can't even draw flies to their "A" teams. Just look at the dearth of girl's teams at Eastside and Westside.

Comment

So no Timbers clubs then as most of them can't even draw flies to their "A" teams. Just look at the dearth of girl's teams at Eastside and Westside.
                  Both of those clubs put out Premiere level teams every year and have ample fields.

Comment

Both of those clubs put out Premiere level teams every year and have ample fields.
                    Eastside dries out at U10.

Comment

Most of the time it is U9.

Comment

Really? List all the Eastside girls teams above U14 in Premier division.

Comment

Eastside's u10 boys are very good this year, probably one of the top 3 in the state. Their u11s are doing very well at state cup.

Don't know why the club has struggled at 05 and 06 age groups.

Comment

By U11 the dream is lost. Very unfortunate.

Comment

I can imagine there is a lot of drama. If a parent calls the GM or owner to complain I’m sure that get action.

Comment

I can imagine there is a lot of drama. If a parent calls the GM or owner to complain I’m sure that get action.
                                I’d pay money to listen in on those calls from drama parents to the Timbers owner complaining about playing time and all the losses.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X