Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any updates on NYCSL NPL for next year?

There's been a lot of discussion of defections to EDP's new leagues and teams staying, but sending B or C teams.

I would have thought this would all be resolved by now.

Anyone hearing anything?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There's been a lot of discussion of defections to EDP's new leagues and teams staying, but sending B or C teams.

I would have thought this would all be resolved by now.

Anyone hearing anything?
    As far as the local NPL teams Massapequa, KK Atletico and SUSA have committed their top teams to EDP National League. Massapequa is totally out of NPL.
    As far as I have read, Barca & Hota are still in NPL; no change.

As far as the NPL NJ side of NPL most of those teams have committed to their top teams to EDP National League but some will field NPL or east cosst soccer.

A good test of this was thus past weekend...STA sent their better 2003 team to the USYSA Regional and their lower team to the Enpl playoffs....possibly a sign of times to come next year
    USYSA will have the better teams since they have a National Platform that USClub does nit have. Also if you look st the ENPL and NPL plsyoffs the NPL teams won almidt as many age grouos as ECNL teams so does not say much about ECNL.

Comment

As far as the local NPL teams Massapequa, KK Atletico and SUSA have committed their top teams to EDP National League. Massapequa is totally out of NPL.
      As far as I have read, Barca & Hota are still in NPL; no change.

As far as the NPL NJ side of NPL most of those teams have committed to their top teams to EDP National League but some will field NPL or east cosst soccer.

A good test of this was thus past weekend...STA sent their better 2003 team to the USYSA Regional and their lower team to the Enpl playoffs....possibly a sign of times to come next year
      USYSA will have the better teams since they have a National Platform that USClub does nit have. Also if you look st the ENPL and NPL plsyoffs the NPL teams won almidt as many age grouos as ECNL teams so does not say much about ECNL.
      ECNL on the boys side...

Comment

The alignments are posted:

East is:
        White Plains
        SUSA
        Barca
        Atletico
        NY Elite
        CSA Hudson Valley

West is:
        Quickstrike
        Brooklyn
        Everton
        Met Oval
        HOTA
        Brentwood

Massapequa and STA out, Met Oval (B) in.

Anyone know if SUSA and Atletico will be sending A or B teams?

Comment

SUSA sending B team. Atletico only has 1 team if that.

Comment

The alignments are posted:

East is:
            White Plains
            SUSA
            Barca
            Atletico
            NY Elite
            CSA Hudson Valley

West is:
            Quickstrike
            Brooklyn
            Everton
            Met Oval
            HOTA
            Brentwood

Massapequa and STA out, Met Oval (B) in.

Anyone know if SUSA and Atletico will be sending A or B teams?
            Eastern looks like tey wntvmetro all divisions
            SUSA B team
            Atletico is plsying EDP as well so thus will be their B team as well made up of mostly edp team and some others

West group is weak....brentwood, brooklyn, everton and met oval...ugh..
            Quickstrike and HOta will crush those teams

Comment

SUSA B team
              Atletico is plsying EDP as well so thus will be their B team as well made up of mostly edp team and some others

*Looks like Eastern went all Metro

Comment

SUSA B team

My son plays 05 in this league and I can tell you that Brooklyn had a heck of a Spring season. Must have added a few players over the break as they went from so-so to very strong. Hota in the 05 league struggled mightily.

Comment

Atletico didn't even have their own teams in every age group. SUSA boys side is declining every year. They lost more quality coaches and players this year. They only have 2 good coaches on the boys side Bouba and Eddie. The rest are terrible

Comment

Atletico didn't even have their own teams in every age group. SUSA boys side is declining every year. They lost more quality coaches and players this year. They only have 2 good coaches on the boys side Bouba and Eddie. The rest are terrible
                    I think it's hilarious that CJ from BOTN runs KK. I am sure her soccer experience is extensive. All that training Larry gave her in the basement.

Comment

I think it's hilarious that CJ from BOTN runs KK. I am sure her soccer experience is extensive. All that training Larry gave her in the basement.
                      She's management. And in that area she actually has a lot of experience. Not a bad choice at all. The problem KK has is that their original success was built based upon being the only game in town. They could get away with their seasonal change in partnerships and directions because despite the constant chaos they were the only destination in Suffolk that could guarantee paying customers a high level play. Now they have real competition and whatever chance they had of remaining relevant went out the door with Dan as his defection, both directly and indirectly led to an exodus of talent.

Comment

My son plays 05 in this league and I can tell you that Brooklyn had a heck of a Spring season. Must have added a few players over the break as they went from so-so to very strong. Hota in the 05 league struggled mightily.
                        As the teams age, you will see this, Brooklyns best players go to met oval, Gottdchee, DUSC or Manhattan

Hota scoops up all the dissatisfied EM players and the better kids from the west Nassau clubs
                        Looking for mire competition and develop.

Comment

Anyone know when will NPL girls alignments be completed? My daughter's team plays NPL, curious to see who is in the league vs who went to EDP.

Comment

Atletico seems to have been removed from the NYCSL NPL alignments.

That's quite a hit to the quality of the league.

Comment

on girls side it looks like they went with East & West, which i think is new for this year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X