Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    what are we talking about? so a parent takes initiative to help there kid get better...and we criticize them for it? if other parents are lazy and don't care about there kids development that is on them.
    No, it's utilizing a relationship not available to everyone to push their kid to the front of the line. It's lawn-mowering at it's best.

Comment

Worst parent admins

No, it's utilizing a relationship not available to everyone to push their kid to the front of the line. It's lawn-mowering at it's best.
      oh well, this is life (often things are not fair) get over it...crybaby.

Comment

oh well, this is life (often things are not fair) get over it...crybaby.
        Hence the thread title "Worst Parent Admins".

FYI, my kid is one who is always offered opportunities. She doesn't need me to do it for her. She'd never ask me, either, because she knows the answer would be "ask your coach".

Maybe you should consider a different sport? One where you don't need to do all the work for them? Just a thought.

Comment

Worst parent admins

Hence the thread title "Worst Parent Admins".

FYI, my kid is one who is always offered opportunities. She doesn't need me to do it for her. She'd never ask me, either, because she knows the answer would be "ask your coach".

Maybe you should consider a different sport? One where you don't need to do all the work for them? Just a thought.
          here is a thought...you are a dous_bag and a liar....why else are you here complaining about what other people do? My guess is your kid s_cks (like you) and you are too lazy to do anything about it.

Comment

here is a thought...you are a dous_bag and a liar....why else are you here complaining about what other people do? My guess is your kid s_cks (like you) and you are too lazy to do anything about it.
            Aaah...so we'll just resort to name-calling now. I assumed I was talking to the parent, but maybe it was the kid?

Again, it's not laziness. We go out several times a week to knock a ball around and work on things if SHE wants; surely that's not laziness. We have literally been all over the country in support of her; that's not laziness.

What I won't do is fight her battles; be what she is supposed to be on her own. She gets asked to play up, take in extra trainings, help out with reffing, etc. all the time. Why? Because she's responsible and coaches know they can count on HER. They know that she's the one who wants it, and they are rewarded for her efforts.

You on the other hand....

eeeeessshhh..................

Not sure if you were going for the "Worst Parent Admin" title, but dangnabbit, you certainly won it!!

Comment

sunds like the poster have you rethinking your strategy. I like the lawnmowering comment - fitting

Comment

worst parent admins

I am a parent admin. I am a volunteer and spend far too much time helping my club, parents and coaches navigate youth soccer. If some kids get more practices and you feel slighted just ask the coach how your kid could get more time. Understand your kid is getting evaluated every practice, every game and so are their parents. If you are a pain in the ass and I am guessing you are, hope the coach does not take it out on your kid. If your kid is clowning around and not being serious in practice guess what that gets noticed.

Most clubs will let you practice with another team to get extra touches and maybe play some extra games. What you don't get to do is pick which teams they practice with. At every stage in life the high performers whether it is work or sports tend to get more benefits that is life and will never change. Unless you signed up for intramural expect travel soccer to be competitive. So more talented kids get more playing time. If you kid is falling behind get them off the devices and on a ball if that does not work it is what it is. If you are looking for perfection in a club your never going to be happy because it does not exist.

If you want a voice, volunteer and try to make things better. Your voice is always heard more when you are trying to help. Offering opinions that others need to act on because "you don't have the time" don't really carry much weight.

Comment

Worst parent admins

I am a parent admin. I am a volunteer and spend far too much time helping my club, parents and coaches navigate youth soccer. If some kids get more practices and you feel slighted just ask the coach how your kid could get more time. Understand your kid is getting evaluated every practice, every game and so are their parents. If you are a pain in the ass and I am guessing you are, hope the coach does not take it out on your kid. If your kid is clowning around and not being serious in practice guess what that gets noticed.

Most clubs will let you practice with another team to get extra touches and maybe play some extra games. What you don't get to do is pick which teams they practice with. At every stage in life the high performers whether it is work or sports tend to get more benefits that is life and will never change. Unless you signed up for intramural expect travel soccer to be competitive. So more talented kids get more playing time. If you kid is falling behind get them off the devices and on a ball if that does not work it is what it is. If you are looking for perfection in a club your never going to be happy because it does not exist.

If you want a voice, volunteer and try to make things better. Your voice is always heard more when you are trying to help. Offering opinions that others need to act on because "you don't have the time" don't really carry much weight.

well said and thank you for your service.

Comment

I am also a parent admin. I could never, and would never, entertain the thought of doing it so my kid can get preferential treatment. I go out of my way to ensure that does NOT happen, because the reputation of those like the poster trying to justify their actions precede me.

I just won't do it.

I do plenty to assist the team with their administrative tasks and get (nor asked) for not a dollar in return.

I do plenty to assist my daughter with trainings that she wants to do on the side and will drive her all over and pay for everything as needed.

What I refuse to do is to mix those two activities. Calling someone "lazy" because they won't utilize a relationship that is unique on the team to enable their (likely) unworthy kid to gain a measure of exposure that is not available to others is fvckin' madness. Pure madness.

Again, I don't NEED to do anything for my kid, because she's already getting it. She gets it because SHE earned it. Not because I asked for it. Frankly, she'd be pissed at me if I did such a thing and she found out.

Not every kid can get extra time on the pitch. It's unrealistic. That should be reserved for those who are the most deserving. NOT for someone laying a guilt trip on the coach.

Comment

The ones that take the players to other teams practices during the season and pretend they are all about the kids.
                      As long as they are also making their own teams practices, I have no idea why this should bother you.

Comment

As long as they are also making their own teams practices, I have no idea why this should bother you.
                        Bottom line is if your kids wants extra work and you can afford it, go for it. there is no need to get others involved unless the other kids ask for it too. getting extra training should and will always be encouraged. if you and your kid dont want it, stay home on your fat ass and don't complain. there are so many opportunities to enhance your skills and the long island soccer landscape has changed. Let it go mom! or help your child, they wont find it, you need to.

Comment

Bottom line is if your kids wants extra work and you can afford it, go for it. there is no need to get others involved unless the other kids ask for it too. getting extra training should and will always be encouraged. if you and your kid dont want it, stay home on your fat ass and don't complain. there are so many opportunities to enhance your skills and the long island soccer landscape has changed. Let it go mom! or help your child, they wont find it, you need to.
                          Teach your kid to find a way; don't hold their hand.

#lawnmowering

Comment

Worst parent admins

Teach your kid to find a way; don't hold their hand.

#lawnmowering
                            children need to be guided and shown the road...when they get to the fork, let them decide which side to take....if they are heading towards the cliff to certain death...STOP THEM!!!!!!

#lawnmoweringmomisafatlazybum

Comment

children need to be guided and shown the road...when they get to the fork, let them decide which side to take....if they are heading towards the cliff to certain death...STOP THEM!!!!!!

#lawnmoweringmomisafatlazybum

Talk about hysteria. You've gone from letting your child choose their own path to walking off a cliff.

Just get the bubble wrap out and have at it.

Everything that is wrong with how kids are raised today wrapped up in a single post. Unreal.

Grow a pair and get on with it already.

Comment

Worst parent admins

Talk about hysteria. You've gone from letting your child choose their own path to walking off a cliff.

Just get the bubble wrap out and have at it.

Everything that is wrong with how kids are raised today wrapped up in a single post. Unreal.

Grow a pair and get on with it already.
                                you can complain # this and #that all you want...at the end of the day...my kid is getting extra training, they are on the better teams and getting more playing time....while you are sitting on your fat _ss and complaining why your little johny is warming the bench!!!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X