Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think they need to rethink the whole thing. Outsource it to a non-profit soccer club. Start with free tryouts. Figure out how to attract top talent that aren't in the normal channels.
    Charging $125 for 3 hours of tryouts isn't helping draw top players.

Comment

Why is a for-profit business involved? Their goal is going to be to make as much money as they can. That seems counter to what youth sports should be. Am I wrong?
      So bored.

Comment

Yawn.

Comment

Nobody cares if kids are kept away. The point is to generate profits.

Comment

Nobody cares if kids are kept away. The point is to generate profits.
            Do you think anybody is really hearing you say the same things over and over for weeks. You are not making anyone change their mind. Most adults can come to their own conclusions without yor opinion. All I hear is blah blah blah....

Comment

You really think $125 try out fees is keeping kids away? I got news for you $125 is reasonable and if the Corp makes profits on that that's ok. This is America.

Comment

You really think $125 try out fees is keeping kids away? I got news for you $125 is reasonable and if the Corp makes profits on that that's ok. This is America.
                Just chiming in here. I agree with you. I don't think the $125 fee drives away the top players from the older group at all. Previous experience with the Thorns is what drives them away.

Comment

Just chiming in here. I agree with you. I don't think the $125 fee drives away the top players from the older group at all. Previous experience with the Thorns is what drives them away.
                  That could be true but nowhere in reality is a $125 try out fee reasonable. Just a way to make a quick pile of cash off unrealistic parents.

Comment

That could be true but nowhere in reality is a $125 try out fee reasonable. Just a way to make a quick pile of cash off unrealistic parents.
                    In the Oregon club soccer market, a $125 tryout fee is completely unreasonable.
                    In the national GDA, any tryout fee is banned.
                    And in a league that touts itself as making soccer accessible to all, regardless of ability to pay, a $125 tryout fee is an oxymoron and an indicator of future broken promises and general hypocrisy.

Comment

And in a league that touts itself as making soccer accessible to all, regardless of ability to pay, a $125 tryout fee is an oxymoron and an indicator of future broken promises and general hypocrisy.
                      It wasn't really a tryout. Teams were already basically decided but those teams need funds. It's going to be a great program.

Comment

Did US Soccer waive that program rule for the Thorns academy? Or did the thorns just do it knowing us soccer can't do anything about it.

Comment

It wasn't really a tryout. Teams were already basically decided but those teams need funds. It's going to be a great program.
                          Some players were selected AFTER the tryouts.

Comment

Did US Soccer waive that program rule for the Thorns academy? Or did the thorns just do it knowing us soccer can't do anything about it.
                            It was NOT a tryout fee. It was a $125 charge for a meet and greet with Tobin Heath.

Comment

It is not against the law to make a profit and it's not your business.

Comment

It was NOT a tryout fee. It was a $125 charge for a meet and greet with Tobin Heath.
                                It's a better deal than having to pay for my coach & asst coach checked bag fees prior to our trip to NJ. Which totaled $250. Neither had any money so I covered it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X