Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    From the sounds of it, the players just need somewhere that doesn't think winning (not happening) is everything.
    Sounds like a few Crossfire ECNL kids just need a fresh start. Some of this turmoil is frim club culture.

Comment

It must be exhausting to reply to your own posts so many times. Be sure to hydrate and do some finger stretches so you don't cramp up.

Comment

Don't cry for me Argentina, someone is REALLY jealous

Comment

Sounds like a few Crossfire ECNL kids just need a fresh start. Some of this turmoil is frim club culture.
          And it sounds like to me somebody is very bitter and jaded and has an axe to grind. Look, we all get it....your daughter was on the underperforming Crossfire ECNL team, and she is trying out somewhere else. Leave it at that.

Comment

And it sounds like to me somebody is very bitter and jaded and has an axe to grind. Look, we all get it....your daughter was on the underperforming Crossfire ECNL team, and she is trying out somewhere else. Leave it at that.
            I can understand how these things get emotional. There is a lot of money at stake and a lot of pride on the line. The best advise to all parents and players is to make sure you do your research prior to making a decision. Ask around, meet the players, discuss the coach's plan for the team. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. And try not to pay too much attention to this place.

Comment

There are a lot of clubs that wish they were struggling like this

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/sear...ea=commitments
              Everybody knows that the "Onyx" team was a very special and one off team. Try repeating that or showing multiple years of it. No club is capable of doing what that 1 team did.

Comment

Everybody knows that the "Onyx" team was a very special and one off team. Try repeating that or showing multiple years of it. No club is capable of doing what that 1 team did.
                No club in Oregon.

Comment

Correct. I wouldn't be surprised if a large group of these girls end up in GDA or over at FC Portland or even going to GPS.
                  Many are holding off on signing up until after GDA tryouts this week.

Comment

Or how about this?

1. Or how about the coaching is completely subpar. Have you even heard their coaches from the sideline?

2. They could give two craps about your kid. It shows. They take your money and won't play your kid. You think I'm joking but it's true. Meanwhile their coaches are struggling to even find players to replace your kid.

3. Evidently Ecnl was supposed to be this thing to get college placements and develop, come to find, that the college placements were all from one team that was committed before they went to Ecnl and the ones that weren't got lowballed and screwed because Ecnl nearly ruined it for them.

4. Development? What a joke! They are literally giving away spots and people are turning them down. It Ecnl was supposed to develop yet you have the same bad coaches why are your coaches trying to get players from non Ecnl clubs to replace supposed developed ones????

5. The director is a joke. Forcing teams and coaches to find wins while ignoring the needs of the players.

6. Look, just look at their performances. Some teams aren't even averaging .5 goals a game and all are in last place. You aren't being successful at all, you are literally paying to be a doormat while being underdeveloped.

Ask, just ask KL about the program that they provide. Don't hear the BS about the league or any sales tactic that try to disract you away from their drowning program. But have him tell you the state of the program currently and I bet you are going to get some BS.

Comment

If you dumb parents knew anything you'd realize onyx was the same thing that Oregon put out every 4-5 years. Sometimes it would come from fc sometimes it was westside sometimes it was eastside.

Ecnl is a joke and crossfire Oregon is the butt of it.

Comment

Must have had a horrible childhood. Making all these accusations about Crossfire and you don't have a Legg to stand on. And no ONYX bracelet for you this Christmas! You shall hereby be placed in the Thornz ADA (Adult Development Academy) and write an apology letter to CU.

Comment

Or how about this?

1. Or how about the coaching is completely subpar. Have you even heard their coaches from the sideline?

2. They could give two craps about your kid. It shows. They take your money and won't play your kid. You think I'm joking but it's true. Meanwhile their coaches are struggling to even find players to replace your kid.

3. Evidently Ecnl was supposed to be this thing to get college placements and develop, come to find, that the college placements were all from one team that was committed before they went to Ecnl and the ones that weren't got lowballed and screwed because Ecnl nearly ruined it for them.

4. Development? What a joke! They are literally giving away spots and people are turning them down. It Ecnl was supposed to develop yet you have the same bad coaches why are your coaches trying to get players from non Ecnl clubs to replace supposed developed ones????

5. The director is a joke. Forcing teams and coaches to find wins while ignoring the needs of the players.

6. Look, just look at their performances. Some teams aren't even averaging .5 goals a game and all are in last place. You aren't being successful at all, you are literally paying to be a doormat while being underdeveloped.

Ask, just ask KL about the program that they provide. Don't hear the BS about the league or any sales tactic that try to disract you away from their drowning program. But have him tell you the state of the program currently and I bet you are going to get some BS.
                          Ok, I get it. You are upset. So upset in fact you took the time to write a point by point post, detailing your grievances. I think I have a solution for you.

You are the consumer. If you don't like CU, go elsewhere. The beauty of the hot mess that is Oregon youth soccer is that you have many, many options at many, many skill levels. You control the dollars and you control where your kid plays. Move on and be thankful you got away from something you disliked so intensely.

Now, why you feel compelled to come on here and share your personal grievances in such detail is puzzling to me. Do you want everyone to leave CU? I have a solution for that.

You are not the parent of every CU player. You are the parent of one (I assume) player, and you control that one player's future. Not the rest. Airing your grievances like this in such detail makes you seem slightly in the wrong. You may not be - but it's not a good look. My genuine and sincere advice is to move on and if you truly feel that CU is this bad, be thankful you got out.

Comment

Ok, I get it. You are upset. So upset in fact you took the time to write a point by point post, detailing your grievances. I think I have a solution for you.

You are the consumer. If you don't like CU, go elsewhere. The beauty of the hot mess that is Oregon youth soccer is that you have many, many options at many, many skill levels. You control the dollars and you control where your kid plays. Move on and be thankful you got away from something you disliked so intensely.

Now, why you feel compelled to come on here and share your personal grievances in such detail is puzzling to me. Do you want everyone to leave CU? I have a solution for that.

You are not the parent of every CU player. You are the parent of one (I assume) player, and you control that one player's future. Not the rest. Airing your grievances like this in such detail makes you seem slightly in the wrong. You may not be - but it's not a good look. My genuine and sincere advice is to move on and if you truly feel that CU is this bad, be thankful you got out.
                            Spot on! I'm a WT mum and I find the constant attacks on one club or program so boring and senseless. Our kids will find the best fit for them. They're the ones on the teams, not us. Sometimes the experiences are painful. They learn from it. It's part of learning to grow up. Parents and coaches have to learn too.

Comment

I know there are several CU families that feel the same way as the person who has had a poor experience with CU, so it is not just one person. I wasn't the OP, but I share the same sentiments. I imagine that your positive experience has to do with your political associations with the club. President or VP of CU ECNL/THUSC? Coach that has several kids playing with CrossFire? Schmoozing with the DoC or coaches? Figures.

Comment

I imagine that your positive experience has to do with your political associations with the club.

Or, their kid is that good. When the player is off the chain good clubs woo them rather than dink them around. It is all a money grab anyway.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X